WINDY CITY TIMES
||'Drag Them to the Polls!' moved to Feb. 28
This article shared 1086 times since Sat Feb 22, 2020
"Drag Them to the Polls!"a voter-education effort to get out the LGBTQ+ vote in the Chicago area by celebrating the city's history of drag art and activismwill now take place Friday, Feb. 28, 7-9:30 p.m., at Mary's Attic, 5400 N. Clark St.
The Illinois primary will take place Tuesday, March 17.
In addition to drag performances, there will be event will feature a meet-and-greet with openly LGBTQ+ candidates, starting at 8 p.m. At 7-8 p.m., there will be a showing of the season premiere of Rupaul's Drag Race.
See DragThemToThePolls.com .
This article shared 1086 times since Sat Feb 22, 2020
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Day 1 executive orders impact millions of LGBTQ youth, adults of diverse communities 2021-01-20|
--From a Williams Institute press release - Today, President Biden signed a sweeping executive order directing federal agencies to adopt a comprehensive approach to advancing equity for all, including in federal employment, policies, programs, and services. This is the first day one executive ...
|Biden Orders Implementation of Ruling: LGBTQ discrimination is sex discrimination 2021-01-20|
--From a press release - WASHINGTON, D.C. — Today on his first day in office shortly after being sworn in, President Biden issued an executive order directing all federal agencies to implement the decision in Bostock v. Clayton County issued by ...
|NCLR hails President Biden's signing of Executive Order addressing LGBTQ workplace discrimination
--From a NCLR press release - SAN FRANCISCO, CA — Today, Joseph R. Biden was inaugurated as the 46th President of the United States after campaigning on a platform that advocated for the strongest protections for LGBTQ individuals in the history of ...
|Day 1 executive action addresses disparate impact of COVID-19 on LGBTQ people
--From a Williams Institute press release - Today, President Biden signed an executive order to combat the health and economic impact of COVID-19. The executive action focuses on strengthening public health measures, such as mask-wearing and social ...
|Biden and Harris are inaugurated; Biden signs LGBTQ executive order 2021-01-20|
- Democrat Joe Biden was sworn in Jan. 20 as the next president of the United States, ushering in a much-improved political climate for LGBT people and, many might say, the nation. In one of his first ...
|Biden, Harris inaugurated, leaders comment 2021-01-20|
--From press releases. Come back for additional statements - Planned Parenthood Illinois: Statement attributed to Jennifer Welch, President and CEO of Planned Parenthood Illinois Action: As the eyes of the world turn from the insurrection at the U.S. Capitol two weeks ago to today's inauguration ...
|City Hall, Cook County Building closed Jan. 20 for safety reasons
- Chicago's City Hall (121 N. LaSalle St.) and the Cook County Building (118 N. Clark St.) will be closed to the public Wed., Jan. 20 as a precautionary step to ensure public safety on Inauguration Day, ...
|National COVID-19 Memorial Service Jan. 19 to remember lives lost 2021-01-19|
- CHICAGO, IL— Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot and the City of Chicago, in partnership with the incoming Biden-Harris Administration, invite everyone in Chicago to take part in the National COVID-19 Memorial Service to remember the lives lost ...
|Steans resigns from Illinois Senate; tenure marked by advances in women's, LGBTQ rights 2021-01-19|
--From a press release - State Senator Heather Steans (D-Chicago) today announced her resignation after 12 years of service, declaring "it's time for fresh faces and new energy" in Springfield. "It's been the privilege of a lifetime to represent the most ...
|Biden nominates Dr. Rachel Levine, first trans person nominated for Senate-confirmed position
--From press releases - From Victory Institute: Washington, DC — President-elect Joe Biden nominated Pennsylvania Secretary of Health Dr. Rachel Levine to be the U.S. Assistant Secretary of Health — a historic nomination that makes her the first out trans ...
|Biden picks transgender assistant health secretary
- President-elect Joe Biden has chosen Pennsylvania Health Secretary Rachel Levine to be his assistant secretary of health—positioning her to become the first openly transgender federal official to be confirmed by the U.S. Senate, a Seattle Times ...
|Lightfoot and city leaders lead MLK interfaith event
- Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot virtually gathered with civic, business and religious leaders this weekend to celebrate the life of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. at the City of Chicago's 35th Annual Interfaith Celebration. This year's ceremony ...
|WORLD Global Fund, Croatian case, Poland items, Hillsong 2021-01-17|
- In 2020, the Global Fund signed 157 grants for a total of $8.54 billion for HIV, tuberculosis and malaria programs and to strengthen systems for healthand this is the highest number of grants the program ever ...
|NATIONAL Defamation case, inauguration items, PrEP, Capitol riot 2021-01-17|
- A New York appeals court ruled that falsely accusing someone of being gay is no longer considered defamation per se, NBC News reported. Defamation is a false statement that damages someone's reputation. "It meant that it ...
|COVID-19 Three regions to end Tier 3 mitigations; IRA responds to dining changes
- Following a decrease in COVID-19 test positivity rates and hospitalizations throughout Illinois, Gov. JB Pritzker announced regions across the state are now eligible to move out of Tier 3 mitigations—the ...