WINDY CITY TIMES
||Dignity Discussion for GLBT Hispanic Catholics
This article shared 1981 times since Wed Sep 17, 2003
Dignity/Chicago, the organization for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender Catholics, will host a discussion and reflection hour, titled Comparte con nosotros/Join Our Feast, focused on the spiritual needs of GLBT Catholics who are Hispanic. The event will is 3-4 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 21 3344 N. Broadway. The reflection will be followed by Dignity‚s Sunday Mass at 5 which will be in Spanish and English. Call (312) 458-9438.
The reflection will be lead by Fray Gilberto, Ph.D. in Spirituality from the Pontifical Athenaeum in Rome.
This article shared 1981 times since Wed Sep 17, 2003
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Homeless-services agency Care for Friends temporarily moves to Edgewater 2022-08-02|
- Care for Friends, a Chicago-based homeless-services program, has temporarily moved to Edgewater after being in Lincoln Park for 54 years, according to a press release. The program is now based at the Church of the Atonement, ...
|LETTERS The Church should practice love and constructive dialogue, not hate 2022-07-25|
- Another U.S. diocese has issued new restrictive policies regarding LGBTQ issues in Catholic schools, and its new directives compare being openly transgender with sexual abuse. The Roman Catholic Church is having an internal dialogue on how ...
|NATIONAL Miami textbooks, Lia Thomas, Florida churches, Key West figure dies 2022-07-24|
- Miami-Dade County students could go months without sex-education books after school board members, by a five-to-four vote, rejected two proposed textbooks over concerns they violate the state's Parental Rights in Education bill, known by opponents as ...
|Pride in the Pews panel event covers the Black church and LGBTQ+ people 2022-07-13|
- The Pride in the Pews event "'Don't Ask, Don't Tell': The Black Church and the LGBTQ+ Community" took place July 7 at First Presbyterian Church of Chicago, 6400 S. Kimbark Ave. Among other topics, the panel ...
|'The Black Church and the LGBTQ+ Community' panel on July 7 2022-07-03|
- The Pride in the Pews event "'Don't Ask, Don't Tell': The Black Church and the LGBTQ+ Community" will take place Thursday, July 7, 5:30-7 p.m., at First Presbyterian Church of Chicago, 6400 S. Kimbark Ave. The ...
|Controversial pastor Rev. James Meeks announces retirement 2022-06-20|
- Salem Baptist Church Senior Pastor Rev. James Meeks announced he is retiring next January. The church has more than 9,000 members, according to its website. The vision statement is that Salem is "a multi-generational church focused ...
|Pride Flag arsons raise alarm, church leaders say 2022-06-19|
-- From a Metropolitan Community Church press release - The intentional burning of two LGBT Pride flags in Baltimore earlier this week resulted in three people being seriously injured and significant damage to multiple homes, and leaders of the Metropolitan Community Church (MCC) are expressing ...
|Catholic publisher cancels Chicago theologian's 'Queer God de Amor' book 2022-06-13|
- On June 9, New Ways Ministry received the following statement by Miguel Diaz, a former U.S. Ambassador to the Holy See and the John Courtney Murray, S.J., University Chair in Public Service at Loyola University Chicago. ...
|VIEWPOINT: LETTERS Pride: Remembering who we are 2022-05-30|
- The LGBTQAI community echoes the mantra of secular society: Happiness comes from sex, money and power. Life is too busy with work and leisure to have time for religion and/or values. During this period of Pride ...
|Church of Scotland votes to allow same-sex marriages 2022-05-28|
- The Church of Scotland has voted to allow same-sex marriages after recent warnings that its historical opposition had increased the church's decline toward irrelevance, The Guardian reported. The church's general assembly voted 274-136 to allow it ...
|VIEWS Another 'Handmaid's Tale,' or sex and the supreme Catholics 2022-05-24|
- Amy Vivian Coney Barrett was confirmed as an associate justice of the U.S. Supreme Court by the U.S. Senate on Oct. 26, 2020. Barrett is only the fifth woman ever to serve on the Court. She is also the sixth Catholic ...
|Report: Southern Baptist Convention leaders mishandled allegations of sexual abuse 2022-05-23|
- A bombshell report stated that leaders of the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC) mishandled allegations of sexual abuse, intimidated victims and their advocates, and resisted attempts at reform over the course ...
|NATIONAL New York synod, Danica Roem, legal action, Pride news, PFLAG 2022-05-15|
- The Metropolitan New York Synod (MNYS), the regional body of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, announced Christopher Vergara as its newly elected vice president, according to a press release. Vergara is the first openly gay ...
|LGBTQ Religious Archives Network holds 'AIDS, Activism and American Christianity' webinar 2022-05-12|
- LGBTQ Religious Archives Network (LGBTQ-RAN) held an "AIDS, Activism and American Christianity: A Conversation" virtual webinar on May 5. The event focused on Christian activism during the height of the HIV/AIDS crisis in the 1980s and ...
|VIEWS Dignity/Chicago celebrates 50 years of ministry 2022-05-06|
- It was 1972 and it was dangerous to be gay or lesbian. One could be arrested, publicly humiliated or fired from one's job. Even finding safety in the emerging bar scene was hazardous. Added to that ...