WINDY CITY TIMES
||Deep Inside Hollywood
by Romeo San Vicente
This article shared 1449 times since Wed Jun 1, 2005
Megan Mullally Wants To Talk
With Will & Grace entering its eighth and possibly last season, the cast is looking toward the future, and Megan Mullally already has hers staked out. When the Emmy-winning actress leaves the W&G set for the last time, she'll walk right into her own talk show for NBC-Universal. The star is in final negotiations for a reported mid-seven-figure deal to host the syndicated daytime show, one in which her musical and comedic talents will be put to use. The show is scheduled to begin in 2006, even if W&G goes beyond eight seasons. Will the beloved actor's turn as host go the way of Ellen DeGeneres or of Jane Pauley ( whose much-hyped show never connected with viewers ) ? Viewers have a while to wait to find out. In the meantime, here's hoping Mullally's got some cool dance moves of her own.
Sex Degrees of Kevin Bacon
Interested in watching a sex scene between Kevin Bacon and Colin Firth? If so, then get ready for Where the Truth Lies, the latest film from acclaimed Canadian director Atom Egoyan, based on the novel by Rupert Holmes. Truth recently premiered at the Cannes Film Festival to good reviews and the usual straight-press controversy that accompanies any depiction of famous actors in bed together. Bacon and Firth star as '50s-era celebrities in the Dean Martin/Jerry Lewis mold, whose careers are destroyed when a woman is found dead in their hotel bathroom after a menage a trois. The movie will probably run into an MPAA minefield no matter how explicit the sex is, given the group's history of slapping NC-17 ratings on anything sexual. For Egoyan's part, however, neither he nor his bold male leads seem that concerned about possible censorship.
Fried Green Lesbians on Broadway?
Can a lesbian love story, stripped of its queerness for the movies, find new, more authentic life on the Broadway stage? That's the question surrounding the latest incarnation of Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle-Stop Cafe, Fannie Flagg's Southern-fried novel that included a love affair between women. Broadway producer Jeffrey Finn ( the man behind the James Earl Jones-starring revival of On Golden Pond ) is planning to take Tomatoes to the stage. According to Finn, the play will hew more closely to the novel than the film, and Flagg herself will be involved in the adaptation. So maybe this time around, audiences won't suffer through the narrative confusion of female characters who look and feel and act like lesbians, but somehow magically … aren't. That'd be nicer than a plate of actual fried green tomatoes.
This article shared 1449 times since Wed Jun 1, 2005
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|'Andersonville Homecoming' Sept. 24-26; line-up, vendors, safety protocols announced 2021-09-15|
--From a press release - CHICAGO (Sept. 15, 2021) — The Andersonville Chamber of Commerce (ACC) is pleased to announce the full entertainment line-up and vendors for Andersonville Homecoming--a three-night, two-day outdoor festival featuring ...
|SHOWBIZ 'Boy Meets Boy,' Jennifer Hudson, 'SVU,' tennis honor, ABBA 2021-09-12|
- Ariztical Entertainment is releasing the German movie Boy Meets Boy on DVD and VOD on Oct. 26. According to a press release, the plot of the 70-minute movie is as follows: "Harry has been partying for ...
|Andersonville Chamber of Commerce to present Andersonville Homecoming 2021-08-26|
--From a press release - CHICAGO (August 26, 2021) — The Andersonville Chamber of Commerce (ACC) is pleased to announce Andersonville Homecoming, a three-night, two-day outdoor festival featuring live entertainment, local artisans and merchants, food ...
|Next OUTspoken show Sept. 7 2021-08-24|
- An OUTspoken Storytelling Night taking place Tuesday, Sept. 7, will offer tales told by six people who will relate their stories of fun and fortune from a LGBTQ+ perspective. The entertainment will start at 7 p.m. ...
|THEATER Proof of vaccination required to attend 'Teatro Zinzanni' 2021-07-29|
- Randolph Entertainment, presenting Teatro ZinZanni in Chicago, announced that it will be requiring all guests older than 12 to show proof of vaccination to attend its dinner and performance. This requirement will apply to all performances ...
|Taste of River North cancelled 2021-07-29|
- On July 29, the River North Residents Association, along with theMART and Duff Entertainment, announced the cancellation of the 2021 edition of Taste of River North. The event was slated to take place Aug. 20-21 at ...
|Taste of River North on Aug. 20-21 at new location 2021-07-01|
- River North Residents Association today announced that its acclaimed annual food and entertainment festival, Taste of River North, will return for 2021 to celebrate its 20th anniversary. Taking place Aug. 20-21, Taste of River North moves ...
|VISIT Shedd Aquarium has many attractions, one distraction 2021-07-01|
- Nature lovers can rejoice. Shedd Aquarium (1200 S. DuSable Lake Shore Dr., in accordance with State of Illinois and City of Chicago guidelines, has fully reopened. (Guests are still ...
|Pride Journey: Palm Springs 2021-06-10|
- Palm Springs is my happy place. The city and the surrounding area provide me with the perfect mix of relaxation and entertainment. Having been to Palm Springs numerous times prior to this visit, I wanted to ...
|New Streisand album coming out Aug. 6 2021-06-05|
- Columbia Records and Legacy Recordings, a division of Sony Music Entertainment, will present Release Me 2a new collection of 10 previously unreleased studio performances from the legendary Barbra Streisandon Friday ...
|White Party organizer Jeffrey Sanker dies 2021-05-29|
- Gay circuit-party impresario Jeffrey Sanker—owner of the Los Angeles-based White Party Entertainment company—died May 28 after a long battle with liver cancer, the Los Angeles Blade reported. The Blade said ...
|e3radio launches Indiegogo, virtual concert for podcast app by Black, Brown Queer People of Color 2021-05-27|
- June 1, 2021, CHICAGO— In celebration of PRIDE month, E3 Radio (www.e3radio.fm), an online radio station playing Queer and independent R&B/hip-hop music, annouced today the concept launch of 'The Qube,' ...
|ARTS 'Teatro ZinZanni' returning July 8 2021-05-25|
- Teatro ZinZanni is returning to the Chicago Loop with new acts and a unique, immersive dining and live entertainment experience. Its brand-new show begins July 8 in the Spiegeltent ZaZou, located on the 14th floor in ...
|Billy Masters on Lil Nas X, masks and more 2021-05-17|
- "At first I felt a sense of responsibility. But now I kind of just don't care. It's not my job. Of course I want to spread good ideals, but I'm not nobody's parents. At the end of the day, I'm just ...
|GLAAD issues inaugural Social Media Safety Index 2021-05-10|
--From a press release - New York, NY - May 10, 2021 - GLAAD, the world's largest lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ) media advocacy organization, today announced the findings of its inaugural Social Media Safety Index (SMSI), a 50-page ...