WINDY CITY TIMES
||Dance for Life mid-August
This article shared 5631 times since Wed Jun 25, 2014
Six of Chicago's top dance companies ( Giordano Dance Chicago, Joffrey Ballet, River North Dance Chicago, Hubbard Street Dance Chicago, Ensemble Español Spanish Dance Theater and Visceral Dance Chicago ) will come together Aug. 16 at the annual Dance for Life, the largest performance-based AIDS fundraising event in the Midwest.
There will be world-premiere performances courtesy of choreographers Randy Duncan, Harrison McEldowney and Jeremy Plummer.
A gala reception will take place at 5 p.m. at the Hilton Chicago's Grand Ballroom, 720 S. Michigan Ave. The performances will start at 8 p.m. at the Auditorium Theatre of Roosevelt University, 50 E. Congress Pkwy.
This year, funds raised through this year's Dance for Life will benefit the AIDS Foundation of Chicago, The Dancers' Fund, Agape Missions, NFP and MADE: Making A Daily Effort.
Tickets are $25-$600 ( the latter including admission to the gala reception and premiere seating at the performance ); call 312-922-5812 or visit www.danceforlifechicago.org .
This article shared 5631 times since Wed Jun 25, 2014
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Dance for Life 2022 taking place Aug. 13 at the Auditorium Theatre 2022-08-09|
-- From a press release - Chicago Dancers United (CDU), which supports the health and wellness of Chicago's professional dance community, presents seven companies and a world premiere finale for its 31st annual fundraiser, Dance for Life 2022. The event takes place ...
|Billy Masters 2022-08-08|
- "I wasn't trying to have his career because he sings, he dances. I'm barely a single threat. I'm just an actor."—Tuc Watkins, explaining how he emulated the career trajectory of Kevin Kline— to the best of ...
|'Dance Divas' on July 31-Aug. 1 at the Baton 2022-07-14|
- Showcasing Chicago dancers with performances of music, dance and laughter, Chicago Dancers United will present Dance Divas 2022 on Sunday, July 31, at 6 p.m.; and Monday, Aug. 1, at 7 and 9 p.m. Performances will ...
|Hubbard Street Dance Chicago announces 'Sapphire' season 2022-07-09|
- Hubbard Street Dance Chicago (HSDC) Artistic Director Linda-Denise Fisher-Harrell announced the company's 45th-anniversary "sapphire" season: a mix of world premieres and revivals of company and audience favorites. The 2022-23 Season ...
|Out at CHM: Panelists discuss HIV/AIDS' continued impact on dance community 2022-06-25|
- The Chicago History Museum (CHM) hosted a June 23 panel with doctors and dancers who shared their experiences with the HIV/AIDS epidemic as well as ideas for continuing to address the disease today. Following the discussion, ...
|Chicago Dance Crash celebrates 20th anniversary with 'Booms Day' 2022-06-24|
- Chicago Dance Crash's signature blend of concert and street dance styles paints a colorful picture of life, strife and relationship goals after the end of the world with Booms Day, a two-act, world premiere dance production ...
|DANCE Chicago's Joffrey Ballet releasing Pride video filmed in NYC 2022-06-20|
- The Joffrey Ballet and Action Linesa video-production company founded by Joffrey artists Xavier Nunez and Dylan Gutierrez as well as writer/producer Eric Granthave unveiled a video filmed at the FDR Four Freedoms State Park (on New ...
|PERFORMANCE 'Moonset Sunrise' at Navy Pier on June 16 and 18 2022-06-15|
- Collaboraction announced that Moonset Sunrise, its 25th-anniversary production, with live performances on June 16 and 18 at 7:30 p.m. at Beat Kitchen's new Bar Sol on Navy Pier, 700 E. Grand Ave. Through healing ritual, storytelling, ...
|Ukraine's Kyiv City Ballet makes first Chicago appearance, opening Auditorium Theatre 2022-23 season 2022-06-15|
-- From a press release - (CHICAGO, IL) Chicago's landmark Auditorium Theatre (50 E. Ida B. Wells Dr.) announced its 2022-23 performance season highlighted by its most expansive global dance series ever, including the first-ever Chicago ...
|Out at CHM's 'Dancing for Life' to take place June 23 2022-06-10|
- The Chicago History Museum, 1601 N. Clark St., is continuing its Out at CHM series with "Dancing for Life: Moving through HIV/AIDS" on Thursday, June 23, 5:30-8:30 p.m. In honor of Chicago designating 2022 as the ...
|DANCE Cerqua Rivera's 'Mood Swing' on May 28 2022-05-25|
- On Saturday, May 28, Cerqua Rivera Dance Theatre will host "Inside/Out with Mood Swing" at 7:30 p.m. at Dovetail Studios, 2853 W. Montrose Ave. Mood Swing is described as Cerqua Rivera's "suite of passionate responses to ...
|Dance for Life returns to Auditorium 2022-05-12|
-- From a press release - Chicago Dancers United (CDU), which supports the health and wellness of Chicago's professional dance community, announces the program for its 31st annual fundraiser, Dance for Life 2022, which takes place Saturday, August 13 at 6 p.m. ...
|Giordano Dance Chicago to showcase modern works June 11 2022-05-05|
- The Auditorium Theatre, 50 E. Ida B. Wells Dr., completes its Made in Chicago 2021-22 Dance Series with the return of Giordano Dance Chicago (GDC) performing its annual summer engagement on Saturday, June 11, at 7:30 ...
|MUSIC Madonna curating, releasing dance-music compilation 'Finally Enough Love' 2022-05-04|
- Madonna made history once again when she topped the Dance Club Songs chart for the 50th time, making her the first and only recording artist to have 50 number-one hits on any Billboard chart. To celebrate ...
|DANCE A&A Ballet to offer Family Dance Series starting May 14 2022-05-02|
- A&A Ballet (A&A), under the artistic direction of Alexei Kremnev and Anna Reznik, announced a new Family Dance Series at the Athenaeum Theater, 2936 N. Southport Ave., premiering Saturday, May 14, at 3 p.m. Fresh from ...