WINDY CITY TIMES
||DIRECTV announces "Full Circle" cast
From a press release
This article shared 5553 times since Fri May 24, 2013
EL SEGUNDO, Calif., May 23, 2013 DIRECTV announced today that Tom Felton (Harry Potter),Minka Kelly (Friday Night Lights), Julian McMahon (Nip/Tuck), David Boreanaz (Bones), Keke Palmer(Akeelah and the Bee), Devon Gearhart (The Wait), Billy Campbell (The Killing, Killing Lincoln), Kate Walsh(Private Practice), Noah Silver (The Borgias), Ally Sheedy (Welcome to the Rileys), Cheyenne Jackson(Behind the Candelabra) and Robin Weigert (Sons of Anarchy) have been cast in the upcoming drama Full Circle.
The 10 episode series marks the television debut of award-winning screenwriter and playwright Neil LaBute (The Shape of Things, In the Company of Men). The series examines the human condition and relationships through a series of conversations between 11 people whose lives, unbeknownst to them, are intertwined. Each episode takes place in a restaurant and features a conversation between two characters, with one of the character's storylines carrying over into the next episode through a conversation with a new character and that character then being featured in the following episode. The process continues until the final episode.
Characters passing the torch from one episode to the next include Tim (Felton) an exchange student from England and his love interest Bridgette (Kelly); Bridgette's husband Stanley (McMahon), a charismatic and intense entertainment lawyer; Stanley's client Jace (Boreanaz), a famous comic known for his outlandish behavior; Chan'dra (Palmer), whose life was irrevocably altered as a result of a joke that Jace took too far; Cliff (Gearhart), a classmate Chan'dra secretly has a crush on; Cliff's father Trent (Campbell) and his wife Trisha (Walsh); Peter (Jackson), an aspiring singer who intrudes on a special night between Trent and Trisha; Robbie (Silver), Trisha's student who purports an unusual connection to his teacher, and his mother Celeste (Sheedy), with whom he shares an unnerving bond. The final episode brings the characters together, with the unexpected addition of one (Weigert), for an explosive ending that is sure to change all of these characters lives irreparably
"Full Circle" will be executive produced by BAFTA-award winning Executive Producer/Director Nick Hamm (Rogue) for Momentum TV, the scripted division of Momentum Entertainment Group, helmed by Chris Weil. Series creator Neil LaBute will serve as writer and co-executive producer. FremantleMedia International will handle global distribution of the series.
For the first time DIRECTV will shoot at their Los Angeles Broadcasting Center with productions slated to begin at the end of the month. Full Circle will air on DIRECTV's Audience in fall 2013.
Audience is a unique and exclusive television experience available only to DIRECTV subscribers. The channel first made its mark in 2008 (as The 101 Network) by partnering with NBC to produce and air three additional seasons of the Emmy Award-winning series Friday Night Lights and in 2010 it became the exclusive home of the critically-acclaimed, Emmy Award-winning drama Damages, starring Glenn Close. Audience continues to build out its programming slate with new acquisitions, including its first original production, Rogue, starring Thandie Newton. The network has become the premier destination for smart, innovative and critically acclaimed TV fare as we search the globe for the best new series such as Hit & Miss (United Kingdom), Rake (Australia), Call Me Fitz and Less Than Kind (Canada). The Dan Patrick Show, and its companion seriesThe Box Score, keep sports fans up to date with the latest sports talk. Viewers also enjoy the Guitar Center Sessions series and major events such as the annual DIRECTV Celebrity Beach Bowl. For more info, please visit www.directv.com/audience .
DIRECTV (NASDAQ: DTV) is one of the world's leading providers of digital television entertainment services delivering a premium video experience through state-of-the-art technology, unmatched programming and industry leading customer service to more than 35 million customers in the U.S. and Latin America. In the U.S., DIRECTV offers its 20 million customers access to more than 190 HD channels and Dolby-Digital® 5.1 theater-quality sound, access to exclusive sports programming such as NFL SUNDAY TICKETÃ¢ï¿½ï¿½, Emmy- award winning technology and higher customer satisfaction than the leading cable companies for 12 years running. DIRECTV Latin America, through its subsidiaries and affiliated companies in Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Venezuela, Colombia, and other Latin American countries, leads the pay TV category in technology, programming and service, delivering an unrivaled digital television experience to more than15.5 million customers. DIRECTV sports and entertainment properties include three Regional Sports Networks (Northwest, Rocky Mountain and Pittsburgh) as well as a 42 percent interest in Game Show Network. For the most up-to-date information on DIRECTV, please visit www.directv.com .
About Momentum TV:
Momentum TV is a scripted content division of Momentum Entertainment Group, an entertainment resources holding unit of Momentum Worldwide and part of the Interpublic Group of Companies (NYSE:IPG). Momentum TV's first series, ROGUE, starring Thandie Newton and Marton Csokas, currently airs on DIRECTV's Audience Network. Led by Momentum Worldwide CEO Chris Weil and Executive Producer/Director Nick Hamm, Momentum TV capitalizes on the marketing expertise within Momentum and forges ties with the Hollywood and international creative communities to create unique content financing models and brand opportunities around the globe.
FremantleMedia is one of the leading creators, producers and distributors of television entertainment brands in the world. FremantleMedia is part of RTL Group, the leading European entertainment network, which is in turn 92 percent owned by the international media company Bertelsmann. FremantleMedia is responsible for many of the world's highest rated prime time entertainment, drama, serial drama, factual entertainment and kids & family programming, with market leading capabilities that extend from content creation to licensing, digital and branded entertainment, gaming and home entertainment. The FremantleMedia Group (which includes FremantleMedia North America, UFA, FremantleMedia UK, FremantleMedia Australia, Ludia, @radical.media and Original Productions, among others) has one of the most comprehensive global networks with operations in 22 countries, creating over 9,200 hours of programming a year, rolling out more than 60 formats and managing over 300 individual titles. The company also distributes more than 20,000 hours of content in over 150 countries. FremantleMedia has some of the world's most sought after and long running formats in its catalogue, and globally produces such programmes as: Idols (co-produced with 19 Productions in the US), Hole In The Wall, Got Talent (co-produced with Syco in the UK and the US), The X Factor (co-produced with Syco in the UK and the US), Take Me Out, Family Feud, The Price is Right, Farmer Wants A Wife, Gute Zeiten Schlechte Zeiten, and Neighbours.
Also www.direct.tv/programming.html .
This article shared 5553 times since Fri May 24, 2013
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|SHOWBIZ 'Genera+ion' axed, sports items, Wilson Cruz, k.d. lang, Lil Nas X 2021-09-19|
- HBO Max did now renew Genera+ion, its OC-high-school-set dramedy, out.com noted. "We will not be moving forward with a second season of Genera+ion," a spokesperson for HBO Max said in a statement. "We are very proud ...
|Stephen Amell, 'Outlander' star to be at Wizard World Chicago 2021-09-17|
- Stephen Amell, known to millions as the crime-fighting vigilante lead in the hit TV series Arrow, will return to Wizard World Chicago on Saturday, Oct. 16. Amellwho also starred in DC Universe vehicles such as DC's ...
|TELEVISION 'Drag Race,' 'Queer Eye,' 'Pose' among Creative Emmy winners 2021-09-13|
- Three 2021 Creative Arts Emmy Awards ceremonies took place Sept. 11-12â€”and Netflix's The Queen's Gambit led the way with nine wins going into next weekend's Primetime Emmys, Deadline reported. LGBTQ+ individuals and shows also scored se ...
|MUSIC Lil Nas X wins top award at MTV VMAs 2021-09-13|
- The MTV VMA Awards took place Sept. 12and an LGBTQ+ artist took home one of the night's top awards. Lil Nas X won Video of the Year for "Montero (Call Me By Your Name)," besting Cardi ...
|SHOWBIZ 'Boy Meets Boy,' Jennifer Hudson, 'SVU,' tennis honor, ABBA 2021-09-12|
- Ariztical Entertainment is releasing the German movie Boy Meets Boy on DVD and VOD on Oct. 26. According to a press release, the plot of the 70-minute movie is as follows: "Harry has been partying for ...
|TV Rory O'Malley lands his second gay cartoon role with 'Chicago Party Aunt' 2021-09-11|
- Inspired by a popular Twitter account, Netflix's latest adult cartoon, Chicago Party Aunt, takes the Windy City to a whole new level. Superstore star and Second City alumna Lauren Ash plays the titular character, Diane Dunbrowski. ...
|Constand breaks silence about Bill Cosby 2021-09-07|
- Bill Cosby accuser Andrea Constand is breaking her silence to NBC News about the comic/actor's release from prison two months ago, Deadline noted. In a brief clip, Constand tells Kate Snow she "was really shocked ...
|SHOWBIZ 'Idol' alums, Zendaya, Gaga, 'Queer As Folk,' women rappers 2021-09-05|
- American Idol alum David Archuleta said that God urged him to come out as a member of the LGBTQ+ community, NBC News noted. The Nashville resident told Today.com he wasn't sure if the community would embrace ...
|Hacks, I May Destroy You, Pose rule LGBTQ Critics' Dorian TV Awards 2021-08-30|
--From a press release - AUGUST 29, 2021â€”HOLLYWOOD, CAâ€”Venerable actress Jean Smart; Saturday Night Live wit Bowen Yang; rising satirist Ziwe; Pose co-creator Steven Canals; teen heartthrob Michael Cimino, of Hulu's Love, Victor; and revered ...
|SHOWBIZ Billy Porter, 'Death Drop,' Brandi Carlile, vintage films, Gaga 2021-08-29|
- Billy Porter will direct a queer teen comedy feature titled To Be Real for Amazon Studios, which is being helmed by Gabrielle Union's I'll Have Another Productions, NME.com noted. Porter, who is currently working on his ...
|EVENTS Celebrity attendees named for Wizard World Chicago 2021-08-28|
- William Shatner (Star Trek; TV's Boston Legal), Michael Rooker (Guardians of the Galaxy, TV's The Walking Dead), Matthew Lewis (All Creatures Great and Small), James Marsters (TV series Buffy the ...
|TV Netflix animated series 'Chicago Party Aunt' debuts Sept. 17 2021-08-27|
- The LGBTQ-inclusive series Chicago Party Aunt will debut on Netflix on Friday, Sept. 17. Inspired by the popular Twitter account Chicago Party Aunt, this eight-episode adult animated comedy follows Diane Dunbrowski and nephew Daniel as they ...
|TV 'Dancing with the Stars' to feature first same-sex partnership 2021-08-27|
- ABC's Dancing With the Stars will be breaking new ground in the upcoming 30th seasonwith its first same-sex partnership. According to Deadline, on Aug. 26, host Tyra Banks and executive producer Andrew Llinares revealed that the ...
|SPORTS Red Stars teaming with Univision for Sept. 25 game 2021-08-23|
- The Chicago Red Stars of the National Women's Soccer League (NWSL) and Univision Chicagopart of Univision Communications Inc., the leading Spanish-language media and content company in the countryannounced a first-time ...
|SHOWBIZ RuPaul, GALECA toast, Elliot Page, 'Chippendales,' bi model 2021-08-22|
- RuPaul revealed a new wax figure at Madame Tussauds Las Vegas, a press release noted. The all-new Rainbow Runway experience invites guests to "meet" and take cues from the most commercially successful drag queen of all ...