WINDY CITY TIMES
||Cycles: A Generational Snapshot from Four Chicago Lesbians
Photo show at Center
This article shared 3324 times since Wed Mar 12, 2008
As part of Center on Halsted's celebration of Women's History Month, four Chicago lesbians present Cycles: A Generational Snapshot from Four Chicago Lesbians. The exhibit is at the Center, 3656 N. Halsted, through March 30, and features photographs from Corri Christensen, Kat Fitzgerald, Chelcie Porter and Betty Lark Ross. An opening reception was held March 7. Photos by Mel Ferrand
This article shared 3324 times since Wed Mar 12, 2008
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|PASSAGES: Visual artist, Chicago nightlife scene drag performer legend and hairdresser Jojo Baby 2023-03-16|
- Visual artist, Chicago nightlife scene drag performer legend, doll-maker and hairdresser Jojo Baby died March 14 of liver, lung and stomach cancer. They were 51. Baby was born April 10, 1971, in Chicago and grew up ...
|Lyric Opera of Chicago announces its 2023-24 season 2023-03-14|
--From a press release - CHICAGO (3/14/2023) — Lyric Opera of Chicago, led by General Director, President & CEO Anthony Freud and Music Director Enrique Mazzola, today announces the company's 2023/24 Season, which takes audiences on a global tour of opera ...
|Mayor Lightfoot, DCASE announce dates for summer festivals and events 2023-03-13|
--From a press release - CHICAGOToday, Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot and the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE) announced the 2023 dates for some of the City of Chicago's most beloved summertime traditions. Returning festivals and events include ...
|Chicago's Fine Arts Building celebrates 125th anniversary with exhibits and tours 2023-03-07|
--From a press release - CHICAGO (March 7, 2023)—Chicago's historic Fine Arts Building (410 S. Michigan Avenue) celebrates its 125th anniversary this year with two new public exhibits, a self-guided walking tour of significant sites ...
|Theater Review: one in two 2023-03-01|
- Playwright: Donja R. Love. At: PrideArts at Pride Arts Center, 4139 N. Broadway Tickets: 773-857-0222; $35. Runs through March 19 Playwright Donja R. Love stresses that lower case letters should be used for the title of ...
|The Jeff Awards to honor Myrna Salazar with special non-Equity honor 2023-03-01|
--From a Jeff Awards press release - (March 1, 2023 - Chicago) — Recognizing a lifetime of theater excellence, the Joseph Jefferson Awards will honor the late arts activist Myrna Salazar at the organization's 49th Anniversary Non-Equity Awards celebration on Monday, March 2 ...
|DuSable Black History Museum to show paintings from collection of Emmy award-nominated actress CCH Pounder 2023-02-28|
--From a press release - CHICAGO (Feb. 24,2023) — The DuSable Black History Museum and Education Center is pleased to announce a new exhibition featuring paintings from the Collection of Emmy® award-nominated actress CCH Pounder. ...
|Hidden History: Pamela Bannos brings the life of 19th-century lesbian photographer to new audiences 2023-02-22|
- Few people outside of New York may know about 19th-century photographer Alice Austen (1866-1952)but author/historian/Northwestern University professor Pamela Bannos wants to change that. Bannos recently completed a podcast series about ...
|PrideArts presents 'one in two' 2023-02-22|
--From a press release - Title: one in two. By Donja R. Love/ Directed by Jordan Ratlliff Monday, Feb. 20 - 7:30 p.m. Pride Arts Center, 4139 N. Broadway, Chicago One in two Black men in America who have sex with other men will be diagnosed ...
|Theater Review: Cabaret continues to reflect on our modern challenges 2023-02-14|
- Title: Cabaret. Book: Joe Masteroff; Score: John Kander & Fred Ebb. At: Porchlight Music Theatre at Ruth Page Center for the Arts, 1016 N. Dearborn St. Tickets: 773-777-9884 or www.PorchlightMusicTheatre.org; prices begin at $25. Runs through ...
|Goran Stolevski grows up fast with Of an Age 2023-02-14|
- Openly gay filmmaker Goran Stolevski is a triple threat: He handled directing, writing and editing chores for his new project, Of an Age, which Focus Features is now distributing. The film is already taking home trophies ...
|Queer songwriter donates $500K to Chicago Academy for the Arts 2023-02-13|
- Returning to the school that they said saved their life years ago and set them on a path to becoming one of the most celebrated activists and songwriters of the modern era, it was announced Feb. ...
|THEATER REVIEW Andy Warhol in Iran juggles art, celebrity and geopolitics 2023-02-01|
- Andy Warhol in Iran. Playwright: Brent Askari At: Northlight Theatre at North Shore Center for the Performing Arts, 9501 Skokie Blvd., Skokie Tickets: 847-673-6300 or www.Northlight.org; $30-$89. Runs through Feb. 19 The prolific 20th century gay ...
|Windy City Gay Chorus, Windy City Treble Quire begin search for artistic directors 2023-01-17|
--From a press release - The Board of Directors for Windy City Performing Arts has started their search for two Artistic Directors for the organization's choruses. Applications are now being accepted in hopes to fill these positions prior to the 2023-2024 season. ...
|Black LGBTQ+ film festival among Chicago NEA grant recipients 2023-01-11|
- The Black Alphabet Film Festivalthe world's oldest Black LGBTQ+-focused event of its kindwas part of the first round of grant recipients from the National Endowment of the Arts (NEA), receiving $20,000. In a press release, Black ...