WINDY CITY TIMES
||City of Chicago issues Stay at Home Advisory
This article shared 1020 times since Thu Nov 12, 2020
In response to rising COVID-19 cases, Chicago residents have been advised to remain at home beginning Monday, Nov.16, 2020 and to cancel plans to entertain on Thanksgiving.
Exceptions to the new Stay at Home Advisory are going to work and school and running essential errands like seeking medical care, shopping for groceries or medicines or picking up takeout food.
Mayor Lori Lightfoot and city health officials announced this and updated travel and quarantine guidance today. The advisory is expected to remain in effect for 30 days and be reevaluated at that time.
Read the full advisory at www.chicago.gov/content/dam/city/sites/covid/health-orders/201112_Stay%20at%20home%20advisory%20and%20guidance_vF.pdf .
This article shared 1020 times since Thu Nov 12, 2020
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|SHOWBIZ LGBTQ movies, 'Color Purple,' Nick Jonas, gay coach 2021-01-17|
- The film Draw with Me has launched its virtual theatrical release at ArenaScreen through Feb. 9, and was the subject of the first-ever panel at the United Nations on Transgender Health, a release stated. Featuring Jennifer ...
|WORLD Global Fund, Croatian case, Poland items, Hillsong 2021-01-17|
- In 2020, the Global Fund signed 157 grants for a total of $8.54 billion for HIV, tuberculosis and malaria programs and to strengthen systems for healthand this is the highest number of grants the program ever ...
|Illinois Restaurant Assoc. asks Pritzker to allow indoor dining
- On Jan. 14, the Illinois Restaurant Association (IRA) and restaurant operators around the state issued a press release asking Gov. JB Pritzker to immediately allow for safe and limited indoor dining operations. The IRA's Open Indoor ...
|Howard Brown developing new center in Northalsted area
- Howard Brown Health has chosen Inland National Development Company, LLC to develop its newest healthcare center in Chicago's Northalsted neighborhood (formerly known as Boystown), according to REJournals. There are plans ...
|Choucair part of Biden/Harris COVID-19 response team
- Dr. Bechara Choucairthe senior vice president and chief health officer at Kaiser Permanente, and onetime commissioner of the Chicago Department of Public Healthis part of new President Joe Biden and ...
|Vulnerable communities slow to adopt key strategy to stop HIV's spread 2021-01-11|
--From a UCLA press release - LOS ANGELES — Taking a daily pill to prevent HIV transmission is one of the most effective biomedical strategies available to combat the virus' spread, yet use of this health regimen remains low among vulnerable communities ...
|COVID-19 Chicago's stay-at-home advisory extended
- Chicago's stay-at-home advisory has been extended for another 12 days (from Jan. 10), ABC7Chicago.com reported. Residents are advised to only leave their home to go to work or school, or for essential needs; examples include requiring ...
|NATIONAL Anti-bias rule nixed, trans deaths, lesbian archivist dies 2021-01-11|
- Under the cover of chaos the day after Trump supporters stormed the U.S. Capitol, the Trump administration officially nixed regulations barring federal grantees in the Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) from discriminating against LGBTQ ...
|Indiana pols propose anti-conversion therapy bill
- Indiana Stonewall Democrats issued a press release lauding state Sen. JD Ford (District 39) and state Rep. Sue Errington (District 26) for introducing a new bill to effectively end so-called "conversion therapy" practices across the state ...
|National LGBTQ organizations call for Trump's removal from office 2021-01-08|
--From a press release - New York, NY - Thursday, Jan. 7, 2020 - GLAAD, the world's largest lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) media advocacy organization, along with leading LGBTQ legal, health, youth, justice and equality organizations, is callin ...
|NATIONAL Marriage proposal, Creating Change, mural erased, 'Queer Santa' 2021-01-05|
- A COVID-19 vaccine appointment at a Canton, South Dakota, hospital turned into a marriage proposal for one healthcare couple, CNN.com noted. Robbie Vargas-Cortes, 31, a paramedic and EMS supervisor, was scheduled to get his vaccination on ...
|Gay influencers called out for partying in Mexico during pandemic
- A social-media account called GaysOverCovid has been exposing the gay men of the world for continuing their hard-partying, jet-setting lifestyles in the midst of a pandemic, according to media outlets such as DListed.com. For instance, Chicago-based ...
|City officials send letter to Lightfoot regarding schools reopening 2021-01-03|
- On Jan. 3, more than 30 members of the 50-member Chicago City Council sent a letter to Mayor Lori Lightfoot and Chicago Public Schools CEO Janice Jackson regarding concerns about Chicago Public Schools' reopening plans amidst ...
|State Rep. Yoni Pizer leaves post early, citing early insurance termination
- Illinois state Rep. Yoni Pizer (D-12th District) issued a letter stating that he would retire Dec. 31 "because of the State's policy to effectively terminate health insurance for me and my family on 12/31/20, even though ...
|11th Circuit urged to reverse decision allowing LGBTQ youth conversion therapy 2020-12-21|
--From a Born Perfect press release - ATLANTA, GA — The Born Perfect campaign submitted a friend-of-the-court brief on Friday urging reversal of a recent decision by a three-judge federal panel validating the dangerous unethical practice known ...