WINDY CITY TIMES
||Cider Summit at Navy Pier benefits Heartland Alliance
This article shared 1494 times since Tue Feb 12, 2019
Part of a tour that takes place throughout the United States, Cider Summit took place Feb. 9 in Navy Pier's Aon Grand Ballroom.
The 7th annual Cider Summit Chicago featured more than 150 ciders, cider cocktails and apple spirits. In addition, there were two food trucksCheSa's Gluten Free & Sausage Festjust outside the venue.
Among the standout ciders were Eden Specialty Ciders ( EdenCiders.com ), featuring heritage apples that give the liquids an earthiness; Virtue Cider ( www.virtuecider.com/ ), which has varieties such as Michigan Cherry and The Mitten; the well-known Angry Orchard ( www.angryorchard.com/ ); and 2 Towns Ciderhouse ( 2townsciderhouse.com/ ), which had one of the most compelling offerings with its Pacific Pineapple.
Anti-poverty organization Heartland Alliance was the beneficiary of the event.
This article shared 1494 times since Tue Feb 12, 2019
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|FDA funding blood-donation study about gay, bisexual men
- On the heels of news that England has mostly relaxed regulations regarding blood donations from gay and bisexual men, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is funding a study around blood donations by men in those ...
|Report: Take Off Your Mask So I Know How Much to Tip You 2020-12-11|
--From a press release - Today, One Fair Wage, a national nonprofit organization representing subminimum wage and other tipped workers, in partnership with #TimesUp, the UC Berkeley Food Labor Research Center, Professor Catharine MacKinnon, Professor Louise Fitzgerald and ...
|Five Worth Finding: Restaurants, OUT100, children's book, face mask 2020-11-19|
- —Perry's Steakhouse & Grille (PerrysSteakhouse.com): This suburban spot (with two restaurants in Oak Brook and Schaumburg) is well-known for its delicious cuts of meat, sumptuous sides and hand-crafted cocktails. It's ...
|57th Street Art Fair to return next June 2020-11-10|
- The 74th annual 57th Street Art Fair is slated to return June 5-6, 2021. The free event is the Midwest's oldest juried art fair, featuring nearly 200 artists, live music, kids' activities and a food court. ...
|SAVOR Untitled Supper Club, dinner and a show 2020-11-08|
DISH Dining Guide - The night before COVID-19 restrictions recently tightened on restaurants and bars (again), a friend and I checked out Untitled Supper Club (111 W. Kinzie St.; UntitledSupperClub.com)—which offered not just a ...
|SAVOR Fairgrounds Coffee & Tea 2020-10-26|
- With so many coffeehouses in Chicago, some of them have come up with compelling and/or unique ways to keep or lure patrons. Count Fairgrounds Coffee & Tea (multiple locations; Fairgrounds.cafe) as one of those coffeehouses. Sure, ...
|Andersonville Farmers Market extended through November
- The Andersonville Farmers Market (AFM) will remain open four additional weeks—at a new day and time. The extension will take place Nov. 1, 8, 15 and 22, 1:30-3:30 p.m. at the shared street space on Catalpa ...
|SAVOR Fulton Market Kitchen 2020-10-21|
- Over the years, Fulton Market Kitchen (311 N. Sangamon St.; FultonMarketKitchen.com)which is, naturally, in the Fulton Market Districthas intrigued and even dazzled patrons, thanks to the combination of inviting food ...
|SAVOR The Outpost Mexican Eatery; Mercadito 2020-09-29|
DISH Dining Guide - For the last print issue of Windy City Times, there are two restaurants in the spotlightand they both happen to be Mexican eateries. The Outpost Mexican Eatery The Outpost Mexican Eatery (520 W. Harrison St.; TheOutpostMexicanEatery.com) ...
|Artist-led "Retreat" to provide platform for creatives in food, music, art 2020-09-27|
--From a press release - CHICAGO — Rebuild Foundation, the arts, education and cultural development organization founded by artist Theaster Gates, and Dorchester Industries today announced the opening of "RETREAT," an artist-led activation aimed at ...
|Five Worth Finding: Tom of Finland, help for renters, 'Batwoman' 2020-09-22|
- —Rentervention (https://lcbh.org/get-legal-help/rentervention): This webpage begins with a daunting statistic: Each year, more than 20,000 people are evicted from their homes in Chicago. Rentervention—a part of the ...
|Chicago releases outdoor dining guidelines for fall, winter
- Keeping the COVID-19 pandemic in mind, the City of Chicago released guidelines for safe outdoor dining this fall and winter. All outdoor spaces must have a sidewalk cafe permit, outdoor patio license or an expanded outdoor ...
|SAVOR Froth: A coffee lover's delight 2020-09-21|
DISH Dining Guide - It might take something special to lure people to Froth (1515 W. Monroe St.; Froth.cafe). Fortunately, Froth has more than one attractionespecially for those who indulge in coffee (which seems ...
|Care for Real names new executive director 2020-09-10|
- Care for Realone of the largest food pantries in the Chicago areahas named Gregory D. Gross as its new executive director. Gross is moving to Care for Real from The Night Ministry, where he most recently ...
|SAVOR: PB&J 2020-09-09|
DISH Dining Guide - Who didn't love a good peanut butter-and-jelly sandwich while growing up (unless you had a peanut allergy)? Well, the folks at PB&J (205 N. Peoria St.; PBJWestLoop.com) offer this popular item although, of course ...