WINDY CITY TIMES
||Chicago woman uses flash mob to propose
This article shared 10576 times since Sat Dec 14, 2013
Dozens of friends and family joined together for a musical flash mob at the French Market in downtown Chicago Dec. 14, as Kristen Sanchez surprised her girlfriend Deseree Fawn with a proposal. Fawn said yes to loud cheers.
For Sanchez, "nothing is big enough for their fairy tale," their friend Emma Watson said.
DJ Kristen and Fawn have been involved in the Chicago music scene since they met six years ago. Playing at Chicago's summer festivals including Backlot Bash and late-night stages at The Hard Rock Cafe, the two have also orchestrated their own artistic events for Chicago music charities including Rock the Arts.
Friends, including some dance professionals, danced to "All I want for Christmas is You" by Mariah Carey and "Marry You" by Bruno Mars.
See details on the couple's music here: www.DJKristinDesereeFawn.com .
See video by Jean Albright here: www.youtube.com/watch . NOTE: Video may be blocked in some countries.
This article shared 10576 times since Sat Dec 14, 2013
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|WORLD Japanese poll, Sydney Mardi Gras, mpox, rugby study, soccer player 2023-02-19|
- Sixty-four percent of respondents to a Kyodo News poll believe same-sex marriage should be recognized in Japan, the media outlet noted. In the telephone survey, 88.4% also said recent remarks hostile to LGBTQ+ people by a ...
|Gay Calif. lawmakers introduce Prop 8 repeal 2023-02-14|
- On Valentine's Day, two gay California lawmakers introduced a constitutional amendment to repeal Prop 8the state's same-sex marriage ban that remains on the books despite being ruled unconstitutional years ago, according to The Bay Area Repo ...
|WORLD Church of England, Japanese officials, Hong Kong ruling, drag kings 2023-02-11|
- The Church of England has voted to bless same-sex marriages for the first time in its history; however, its ban on conducting ceremonies will stay in place, PinkNews reported. It was approved after a six-year consultation ...
|WORLD Indian marches, delegation in Cuba, anti-LGBTQ+ investigation 2023-01-15|
- Hundreds of people took part in the first Delhi Queer Pride march in three years as pressure grows for legal recognition of same-sex marriage in India, The Manila Times noted. In March, the South Asian's top ...
|NATIONAL Testifying in D.C., Brittney Griner, marriage law, school policies 2022-12-18|
- WARNING: This week's news contains graphic content. Survivors of the Club Q shooting in Colorado Springs that killed five people and injured approximately 20 others joined GLAAD and other advocates in providing testimony before the House ...
|Cook County's Kevin Morrison attends signing of Respect for Marriage Act at the White House 2022-12-13|
-- From a press release - Washington D.C. — December 13thth 2022 — Cook County Commissioner Kevin Morrison attended the signing of the historic Respect for Marriage Act recently passed by both chambers of congress. The bill guarantees the federal rights ...
|With President Biden's signature, Respect for Marriage Act is law 2022-12-13|
-- From a press release - WASHINGTON — The Human Rights Campaign (HRC) — the nation's largest lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ+) civil rights organization — celebrated today as President Biden signed the Respect ...
|President Biden signs Respect for Marriage Act into law; groups and leaders respond 2022-12-13|
-- From press releases - In response to President Biden signing the Respect for Marriage Act into law, groups and leaders release statements. ...
|Respect for Marriage Act passage important step but not equity says LGBTQIA+/ally Catholic group 2022-12-09|
-- From a press release - Dec. 8, 2022. DignityUSA, the nation's foremost organization of Catholics working for justice, equality, and full inclusion of LGBTQIA+ people in our church and society, is pleased that both houses of Congress have now passed the ...
|Groups and leaders celebrate passage of the Respect for Marriage Act 2022-12-08|
-- From press releases - U.S. Representative Mike Quigley: Washington, D.C.— Today, U.S. Representative Mike Quigley (IL-05), Vice-Chair of the Congressional LGBTQ+ Equality Caucus, released the following statement celebrating the passage of ...
|Congress passes Respect for Marriage Act, sends to President Biden for signature 2022-12-08|
-- From a press release. Video below - (New York, NY - December 8, 2022) — GLAAD, the world's largest lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ) media advocacy organization, is responding to the passage of the Respect for Marriage Act in the U.S. ...
|WORLD Japan ruling, Kenya groups, World Cup, Almodovar 2022-12-04|
Video below - A district court in the Tokyo Prefecture ruled that Japan's constitutional ban on same-sex marriage is legal, according to The Washington Blade. In a statement to Reuters, plaintiffs' attorney Nobuhito Sawasaki said, "This is actually a ...
|NATIONAL Trans officials, marriage equality, Karl Schmid, Pelosi, Buttigieg 2022-12-04|
Video below - Once all of the newly elected officials are seated, there will be nine transgender state legislators (up from eight this year) and nine non-binary state legislators across the country, NBC News noted, citing The Victory Institute. ...
|Landmark step toward equality: Senate passes bipartisan Respect for Marriage Act 2022-11-29|
-- From press releases - WASHINGTON — The Human Rights Campaign (HRC) — the nation's largest lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ+) civil rights organization — today celebrated the bipartisan passage of the Respect ...
|NATIONAL Respect for Marriage Act, lesbian judge, gay official resigns 2022-11-20|
- Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-New York) said that debate on the Respect for Marriage Act (RFMA) is suspended and will continue on Nov. 28, when the Senate reconvenes after Thanksgiving, LGBTQ Nation reported. The RFMA ...