WINDY CITY TIMES
||Chicago Sky unveil 2022 regular-season schedule
This article shared 1882 times since Mon Dec 13, 2021
The defending WNBA champion Chicago Sky will begin their 2022 regular season on Friday, May 6, at Wintrust Arena.
"Each year when the new schedule comes out, we really start to feel the excitement and anticipation that the next season is upon us," said Sky General Manager and Head Coach James Wade in a statement. "And this season we get to look forward to coming back as defending champs."
This year's WNBA's regular-season schedulewhich will conclude in August increased by two games, with all 12 teams slated to compete in s record-high 36 games per season. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, teams played shortened seasons in 2020 (22 games) and 2021 (32 games).
The schedule again incorporates steps to reduce travel, including the use of a "series" model. In some instances where a team is scheduled to play twice in the same city, those games have been scheduled to be played consecutively.
The 18th All-Star Game in league history, AT&T WNBA All-Star 2022, will be played Sunday, July 10, with other pre-All-Star activities on Saturday, July 9. In addition, the Commissioner's Cup presented by Coinbasean in-season tournament pitting conference rivals against each other during the first half of the regular seasonwill return for its second season (May 6-July 7).
To view the entire schedule, visit sky.wnba.com/schedule .
This article shared 1882 times since Mon Dec 13, 2021
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Sky stumble in playoffs; Cubs win but White Sox lose 2022-08-18|
- On Aug. 17, the Chicago Sky relinquished a late leadand are now facing elimination from the playoffs. The defending WNBA champions fell to the New York Liberty 98-91 at Wintrust Arena as the seventh seed scored ...
|In a first, gold-medal Olympian comes out as transgender 2022-08-17|
- During the Aug. 16 opening address of the international LGBTQ+ rugby competition The Bingham Cup, taking place in the Canadian capital of Ottawa through Aug. 21, Ellia Green came out as transand is the first Olympian ...
|Skaters from Chicago BIPOC queer collective froSkate release Nike SB shoe 2022-08-17|
- Members of froSkate—an organization dedicated to creating safe spaces for BIPOC queer skateboarders—recently became the first Black women to design a colorful sneaker with Nike SB, and the shoe was recently released. Two of froSkate's le ...
|Gay NFL player to rejoin Tampa Bay 2022-08-17|
- Super Bowl contender the Tampa Bay Buccaneers signed defensive end Carl Nassibpro football's first openly gay, active playerbringing him back to where he delivered two of his most productive seasons, NBC News reported. Last year, Nassib ...
|Brittney Griner appealing conviction 2022-08-16|
- Russian news agencies have reported that attorneys for U.S. basketball star Brittney Griner have filed an appeal of her nine-year Russian prison sentence for drug possession, according to PBS Newshour. Griner, an eight-time all-star center with ...
|10th biennial Bingham Cup taking place through Aug. 21 2022-08-15|
- The LGBTQ+ rugby tournament known as the Mark Kendall Bingham Memorial Tournamentor the Bingham Cupis taking place in Ottawa, Canada, through Sunday, Aug. 21. According to a press release, "The Bingham Cup is the largest amateur ...
|Sky snag #2 seed in playoffs; Red Stars, Cubs fall; White Sox win 2022-08-15|
- In Phoenix's Footprint Center, the Chicago Sky (26-10) defeated the Mercury (15-21) 82-67 on Aug. 14 in WNBA action to end the regular season on a high note. By winning, the Skythe defending championssecured the number-two ...
|Chicago Fire FC fall; Cubs, White Sox both win 2022-08-14|
- In Chester, Pennsylvania, on Aug. 13, the Chicago Fire FC fell to the Philadelphia Union 4-1. The away defeat snapped the Fire's five-game unbeaten run, including consecutive away wins, as the team moved three points below ...
|Cubs win 'Field of Dreams' game; White Sox, Sky lose 2022-08-12|
- In the "Field of Dreams" game on Aug. 11, the Chicago Cubs (46-65) defeated the Cincinnati Reds (44-67) 4-2 in Dyersville, Iowa. True to the nature of the classic 1989 movie, the game was played by ...
|Sky lose historic game; Cubs fall; White Sox split 2022-08-10|
- In what was openly lesbian WNBA legend Sue Bird's final regular-season game against the Chicago Sky (25-9), things certainly were memorable for her and the Seattle Storm (21-13). The Storm defeated the Sky 111-100 at Wintrust ...
|Sky, Red Stars, Fire and White Sox all win; Cubs do not 2022-08-08|
- The Chicago Sky (25-8) extended their franchise record with their 25th victory, defeating the Connecticut Sun (22-11) 94-91 on Aug. 7 at Wintrust Arena in a game that was nationally televised on ABC. Courtney Vandersloot led ...
|NATIONAL Okla. schools, Tenn. lawsuit, political items, Mich. library 2022-08-07|
Video below - Oklahoma public schools have started requiring students from kindergarten to college to complete "biological sex affidavits" if they want to compete in school sports, in accordance with a state law that took effect earlier this year, ...
|WORLD Zelensky, French position, UK drag-queen shows, triathlons 2022-08-07|
- Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky confirmed he will ask Ukraine's government to look into legalizing same-sex marriage after the war with Russia ends, PinkNews reported. Ukraine's constitution defines marriage as between a man and a woman. Last ...
|Sky, Cubs and White Sox all win 2022-08-06|
- The Chicago Sky (24-8) defeated the Washington Mystics (20-13) 93-83 at Wintrust Arena on Aug. 5. The Sky tied a franchise record with 24 wins in a single seasona record set during the 2013 WNBA regular ...
|Brittney Griner found guilty, sentenced to nine years 2022-08-04|
- On Aug. 4, a Russian court found out WNBA star Brittney Griner guilty of drug smuggling and possession charges—and sentenced her to nine years in prison. The widely expected verdict came after a monthlong trial ...