WINDY CITY TIMES
This article shared 2000 times since Wed Aug 25, 2004
Amigas Latinas, a support, education and advocacy organization for Latina lesbian, bisexual and questioning women celebrates its 9th Anniversary with a summer salsa dance, Friday, Aug. 27, 9 p.m. at Casa Puertorriqueña, 1237 N. California Ave., $10 donation is requested.
North Suburban Gays sponsors a suburban 'all-groups' picnic Aug. 29, Busse Woods (Forest Preserve), noon till dusk. The entrance is located on the north side of Higgins Road, just west of Arlington Heights Road in Elk Grove Village. A 25-foot balloon rainbow arch will decorate the pavilion.
A Fabulous Night of Genderqueer Entertainment, hosted by the Chicago Kings to benefit the International Drag King Extravaganza, will be Sept. 3, 9 p.m., $10, Empty Bottle, 1035 N. Western. See Ember Swift, Patty Elvis, and Lickity Split Cheerleaders, and DJ Pussy Galore. See www.idkechicago.com .
This article shared 2000 times since Wed Aug 25, 2004
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Elections 2023: Bennett Lawson prepares to take the reins in the 44th Ward 2023-02-24|
- This is part of a series of interviews Windy City Times is running on LGBTQ+ candidates in the 2023 municipal elections taking place Feb. 28. Bennett Lawson, chief of staff to 44th Ward Ald. Tom Tunney, ...
|Filmmaker reworks locally-produced holiday film Scrooge & Marley for upcoming stage reading 2022-12-07|
- It's been 10 years since Chicago writer/musician/perfomer Richard Knight, Jr. co-directed and co-wrote the LGBTQ+ holiday film Scrooge & Marley. "One of the most memorable nights of my life was the premiere at the Music Box, ...
|Baton Show Lounge unveils new male burlesque 2022-11-23|
- On the evening of Nov. 17, Baton Show Lounge, 4713 N. Broadway, presented Burlesque Royale, a new male review featuring local and national talent. Produced by noted photographer Ramsey Prince, the sold-out show featured vocalists Danika ...
|Trans Day of Remembrance 2022: Chicagoans remember Elise Malary 2022-12-07|
- Dozens of community members and advocates gathered in Andersonville the afternoon of Nov. 20, braving cold temperatures to honor the memory of activist Elise Malary. The event, a collaboration between local organizations that included Chicago Therapy ...
|Hong Kong lesbian romance premieres at local film festival 2022-11-14|
- Hong Kong Lesbian Romance Premieres At Film Festival by Vernon Hester �As part of the semi-annual Asian Pop-Up Cinema Film Festival, which ran from September 10 through November 6, The First Girl I Loved had its ...
|HRC Chicago to bestow annual Community Visibility Award, spotlight local partners 2022-11-04|
-- From a press release - CHICAGO, IL, November 3, 2022 — E. Patrick Johnson, Dean of the School of Communication and Annenberg University Professor of Performance Studies and African American Studies at Northwestern University is to be recognized for distinguished service ...
|GLAAD releases research featuring LGBTQ records of candidates in key midterm election races 2022-10-27|
-- From a press release. Video below - (New York, NY - October 27, 2022) In partnership with local and state equality groups, GLAAD released a compilation of resources highlighting what's at stake for voters who care about LGBTQ-related issues in this year's midterm ...
|The City of Chicago commits to advertising equity in local media 2022-10-26|
-- From a press release - CHICAGOMayor Lori E. Lightfoot signed an executive order designating that City of Chicago departments allocate at least 50 percent of their annual advertising spending to community media outlets. More than 153 languages are spoken in households ...
|World Music Festival Chicago Sept. 30-Oct. 9 2022-09-29|
- World Music Festival Chicago will return Friday, Sept. 30-Sunday, Oct. 9 in venues across the city. The festival returns with 34 bands (including three DJs) representing 22 countries and spotlighting 10 local music groups. Now in ...
|Howard Brown Health partners with Chicago Dancers United 2022-09-27|
-- From a press release - Howard Brown Health and Chicago Dancers United (CDU) have announced a partnership to improve healthcare outcomes for local dance community members. Through the partnership, Howard Brown will be the go-to ...
|Molson Coors donates $50,000 to 14 LGBTQ+ organizations through annual Tap Into Change program 2022-09-27|
- The beverage company Molson Coors presented $50,000 to 14 LGBTQ+ organizations at Sidetrack Sept. 26 as part of its 11th annual Tap Into Change program. Organizations partnered with local bars during the summer to raise money ...
|LETTER Vote 'yes' for the environment 2022-09-21|
- Concerned about climate change? Interested in protecting our precious resources of breathable air, drinkable water, and native habitat? Want to create jobs while mitigating local flooding? Here's a way: in the upcoming midterm election, vote YES ...
|Chicago House Music Festival to showcase national and local talent Sept. 15 - 18 2022-09-09|
-- From a press release - CHICAGO—Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot and the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE) announced today the full lineup and expanded dates for the annual Chicago House Music Festival and ...
|'Barlesque' launches at Sidetrack 2022-09-03|
- On Sept. 1 at Northalsted/Boystown nightspot Sidetrack, Barlesque kicked off. Nightlife figure Khloe Daniels hosted, introducing this year's bars, performers and choreographers. Barlesque brings Chicago nightlife superstars, local bars and ...
|Cook County officials discuss MPV timelines 2022-08-12|
- Members of the Cook County Health and Hospitals Committee gathered Aug. 8 to hear details from local health officials on the monkeypox virus' (MPV's) impact on both suburban Cook County and Chicago, and their planned responses. ...