WINDY CITY TIMES
||Chicago Latino Fashion Week
This article shared 4413 times since Wed Nov 26, 2008
Beautiful Rita Morenowinner of an Oscar, Emmy, Grammy and a Tony awardwas the guest of honor during Chicago Latino Fashion Week, Oct. 27-Nov. 2, which celebrated legendary Latino/a stars of early Hollywood. After being photographed, Moreno stated: 'I miss it! I miss the glamour. There are a few stars today who have that … Gwyneth Paltrow and, in particular, Cate Blanchett, and others. Back then it was the mystery … the allure … today they tell too much; we know too much.'
Chicago Latino Fashion Week, which was produced by Cesar Rolon, was seven glittering days of fashion at numerous venues. Among the events were the International Designers Showcase at the Alhambra Palace, 1240 W. Randolph, that featured creations by local designer Jorge del Busto and the stunning San Juan Fashion Groupwhich included Puerto Rico's most recognized designers, including Lilian Landron, Felix Poll, Stella Nolasco and Tommie Hernandezat the Chicago Center for the Performing Arts, 777 N. Green. Text by Steve Starr
Left photo of Moreno and Steve Starr by Sam Canales; right photo by Steve Starr
See www.SteveStarrStudios.com or e-mail SSStarrlight@gmail.com .
This article shared 4413 times since Wed Nov 26, 2008
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|STREAMING THEATER REVIEW Bad Dates 2020-08-19|
- Playwright: Theresa Rebeck At: Online. Tickets: $25-$50; OilLampTheater.org. Runs through: Aug. 23 Fashion being an integral element in romantic fiction, we are not surprised to first discover our heroine in her boudoir, readying herself for a ...
|AUTOS 2020 Cadillac XT6 is the stylish transport for you and your posse 2020-08-18|
- Cadillac has long hosted fashion shows with acres of flat sheetmetal, glistening chrome, and cabins drenched with all the finest materials. This once meant block-long sedans, but people aren't buying ...
|STREAMING THEATER REVIEW Bad Dates 2020-08-11|
- Playwright: Theresa Rebeck At: Online. Tickets: $25-$50; OilLampTheater.org . Runs through: Aug. 23 Fashion being an integral element in romantic fiction, we are not surprised to first discover our heroine in her boudoir, readying herself for ...
|BOOKS In fashion: Jay Manuel dishes on 'The Wig, The Bitch & The Meltdown' 2020-08-04|
- Jay Manuel has been many things, including an make-up artist and a creative directorand he is probably best known as taking on the latter role for several years on the reality-competition show America's Next Top Model. ...
SHOWBIZ John Waters, Billy Eichner, 'Trans & Nonbinary Kids Mix,' RuPaul 2020-07-27|
- Gay filmmaker John Waters (Serial Mom; Hairspray) is the latest face of the French fashion brand Saint Laurent, Out.com noted. He appears in a suit from the brand with black shades, shot by David Sims. "My ...
|WORLD Zambia pardon, fashion house, HIV+ mayor, Costa Rica marriage
- Zambia's president pardoned a gay couple sentenced to 15 years in prison in November under colonial-era sodomy laws in a case that caused a diplomatic conflict with the United States, Reuters reported. Japhet Chataba, 39, and ...
|Chicago artists virtually unveil mural honoring LGBTQ community
- CHICAGO, IL — Chicago artists Andy Bellomo and Sandra Antongiorgi have virtually unveiled a new mural that highlights queer artists of color who use their life's work to improve community well-being and create social change. "Rebirth" ...
|Anne Steele, Kelli Carpenter raise funds for meals. Online concert April 29
- Lesbian singer/ songwriter Anne Steele decided to start online concerts to lift the spirts of her fans, friends and family. While playing the "couch concerts" every Wednesday on Facebook Live, her wife, Kelli Carpenter, a travel ...
|NUNN ON ONE TELEVISION Tim Gunn on his new show that's a 'Cut' above 2020-04-24|
- Television personality Tim Gunn continues to take over the world of reality shows with a brand-new offering on Amazon Prime Video called Making the Cut. Many will recognize the openly gay fashion advisor from Project Runway, ...
|Five Worth Finding: From an absorbing memoir to cool socks 2020-04-01|
- Ordinary Girls: A Memoir: In this hard-hitting memoir, Jaquira Diaz writes of struggling with depression and drug abuse while growing into her identity as a queer, biracial girl in Miami and Puerto Rico. And as Diaz ...
|ShOWBIZ 'Drag Race' judges, Dwyane Wade, 'Porgy,' Of Montreal, Cirque du Soleil 2020-02-18|
- RuPaul Drag Race's season-12 guest judges consist of film, music, television, fashion and political figures such as Nicki Minaj, Whoopi Goldberg, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Chaka Khan, Robyn, Leslie Jones, Normani, Jeff ...
|FASHION 2020 Sneaker Gala shares message about local human trafficking 2020-02-17|
- Sneakers brought together fashion enthusiasts at the 2020 Sneaker Gala this year, hosted at Loft on the Lake. The purpose of the fifth annual sneaker ball, however, wasn't just about who won best sneakers that evening. ...
|SHOWBIZ Lady Gaga, 'The L Word,' Bradley Cooper, 'Porndemic,' Tim Gunn 2020-02-05|
- Lady Gaga's mother, Cynthia Germanotta, recently shared her side of the bullying and subsequent depression that her daughter experienced in middle school, iHeart.com noted. "In middle school, because she was unique, she started experiencing a lot ...
|The Collection hosting Agha exhibit 2020-01-07|
- The Collection: Where Art Meets Fashionthe multifaceted contemporary art program located within Fashion Outlets Chicago, in Rosemontannounced the unveiling of the program's latest site-specific installation, by Pakistani artist Anila Quayy ...
|FASHION Live Out Loud marks 10th anniversary with inclusive message 2020-01-04|
- Live Out Loud Charity (LOLC) hosted its 10th Annual International Chicago Fashion Show last month, and their message was loud and clear. "Live Out Loud Charity is a positive outlet for individuals who do not have ...