WINDY CITY TIMES
||Chicago House's 'Wrapture' Jan. 24 at Willis Tower
This article shared 1570 times since Tue Jan 22, 2013
Agency Chicago House & Social Service will hold "Absolut Wrapture 2013" Thursday, Jan. 24, on the 99th-floor SkyDeck at Willis Tower, 233 S. Wacker Dr.
Doors open at 6 p.m.
Advance tickets are $99; VIP passes are $150. The latter cost includes exclusive early access at 5 p.m. to enjoy hors d'oeuvres, complimentary Absolut cocktails, a photo-op on the 103rd Floor SkyDeck Ledge and a VIP gift package of items. (Only 60 VIP tickets are available.)
Call 773-248-5200, ext. 303, or visit www.ChicagoHouse.org .
This article shared 1570 times since Tue Jan 22, 2013
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|ALMA Chicago hires new executive director 2022-08-05|
- The Association of Latinos/as/xs Motivating Action (ALMA) has hired its first executive director. Manuel Hernandez will step into the role, according to a press release. The statement describes Hernandez as "a Puerto Rican New York City ...
|ART Wrightwood 659 to show 'The First Homosexuals,' 'Michiko Itatani' 2022-08-04|
- The Lincoln Park space Wrightwood 659, 659 W. Wrightwood Ave., will show two exhibits"The First Homosexuals: Global Depictions of a New Identity, 1869-1930" and "Michiko Itatani: Celestial Stage"on Fridays and ...
|MacArthur Foundation expands support of Chicago area media, storytelling, partnered with Field Foundation 2022-08-03|
-- From a press release - August 3, 2022The John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation today announced the renewal of a three-year, $3 million grant to the Field Foundation'sMedia & Storytelling program, which provides grants to a diverse set of Chicago ...
|Chicago LGBT Hall of Fame Announces 2022 Inductees 2022-08-03|
--From a press release - The Chicago LGBT Hall of Fame, the only city-sanctioned LGBT Hall of Fame in the world, was founded in 1991 to honor Chicago's people and entities, nominated by the community, who have made significant contributions to ...
|HRC commends White House Monkeypox (MPV) Coordinator appointments; calls for greater federal response 2022-08-02|
-- From a press release - WASHINGTON - Today, the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) the nation's largest lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ+) civil rights organization, commended the Biden Administration for appointing Robert Fenton and ...
|LGBTQ+-inclusive program for seniors receives Aging Innovations Award 2022-08-02|
- AgeOptions' Thrive with Pride program for LGBT+ older adults recently received a 2022 Aging Innovations Award, one of the highest honors presented by USAging to its members. USAging is the national association representing and supporting the ...
|Homeless-services agency Care for Friends temporarily moves to Edgewater 2022-08-02|
- Care for Friends, a Chicago-based homeless-services program, has temporarily moved to Edgewater after being in Lincoln Park for 54 years, according to a press release. The program is now based at the Church of the Atonement, ...
|Brave Space Alliance plans to raise salaries, urges partner agencies to follow suit 2022-08-01|
-- From a press release - CHICAGO Aug.1, 2022 Brave Space Alliance, the South Side LGBTQ+ Center, announced a sweeping new plan to increase the organization's base salary to $43,000 for entry-level staff, equivalent to an hourly wage of $20.67/hr. ...
|WINE RIVAL returns Sept. 22, partially benefiting Highland Park group 2022-07-29|
- Chicago—After a two-year hiatus, The 4th Annual WINE RIVAL (formerly Somm Madness) returns on Thursday, Sept. 22, to award the 2022 title of WINE RIVAL Champion at Venue West, 221 N. Paulina St.. Tickets are $50 ...
|CORE launches COVID-19 vaccination clinics for families in the Chicago area 2022-07-28|
-- From a press release - In partnership with the City of Chicago, CORE (Community Organized Relief Effort) has opened COVID-19 vaccination clinics for families, including those with children under five. Per CDC guidelines, the vaccine is now available for children 6 ...
|Black AIDS Institute seeks president/CEO 2022-07-27|
- The Black AIDS Institute (BAI) has partnered with Coleman Lew Canny Bowen, a retained executive search firm, to conduct a search for a president/CEO. This position reports directly to the board of directors and leads a ...
|HRC commends World Health Organization for declaring Monkeypox a global health emergency 2022-07-24|
-- From a press release - WASHINGTONToday, The Human Rights Campaign (HRC), the nation's largest lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ+) civil rights organization, commended the World Health Organization (WHO) for taking the step to ...
|At NOW's national conference in Chicago, LGBTQ+ activists discuss coalitions, healthcare access 2022-07-23|
- Leaders from the National Organization for Women (NOW) invited leaders of human rights organizations to discuss their efforts to support LGBTQ+ and other marginalized people in a June 23 panel during the organization's 2022 national conference ...
|Local non-binary poet wins Stories Matter Scholarship 2022-07-21|
- The Stories Matter Foundation and StoryStudio Chicago have awarded the annual $1,500 Dana Wood Chaney Writers Fund tuition grant to local non-binary poet A. Ng Pavel. The scholarship is awarded each year to a writer working ...
|Victory Fund: Historic number of LGBTQ people running for office this year 2022-07-21|
-- From a press release - Washington, DC — Today LGBTQ Victory Fund, the only national organization dedicated to electing LGBTQ leaders to public office, released exclusive data about out LGBTQ people running for office in 2022. With at least 1,008 out ...