WINDY CITY TIMES
||Chicago Academy of the Arts' AIDS benefit
This article shared 438 times since Wed Sep 20, 2017
The Chicago Academy for the Arts will hold its 21st Annual AIDS Benefit at the school, 1010 W. Chicago Ave.
The benefit will take place Friday, Sept. 22, at 4:45 p.m. and 7 p.m.; and Saturday, Sept. 23 at 7 p.m. in the dance wing of the academy.
Started by Academy alum Justin Tranteran industry songwriter of many hits such as DNCE's hit "Cake by the Ocean"the event will be a showcase of each student artist's individual style,.
Students from all six departments at the Academy ( music, theater, musical theater, dance, visual arts and media arts ) will be performing a variety of song, original dance and theatrical performances as well as putting original artwork up for display and auction.
All proceeds after costs go toward The AIDS Foundation of Chicago. The goal is to raise $10,000.
See www.chicagoacademyforthearts.org/aids-benefit .
This article shared 438 times since Wed Sep 20, 2017
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|NATIONAL Dr. Rachel Levine, World AIDS Day, trans deaths, Philly bar art 2023-12-08|
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Alabama Liles C. Burke ruled that emails and other records from U.S. Assistant Secretary for Health Dr. Rachel Levine are relevant to a lawsuit challenging Alabama's ban ...
|STRUT marks World AIDS Day with 14th Annual Fashion Show 2023-12-05|
- On Dec. 3, John Fleming and Madman Productions presented the 14th annual STRUT fashion show at Joe's on Weed Street, 940 W. Weed St. As in previous years, the standing room only show was a fundraiser, ...
|World AIDS Day commemorated at AIDS Garden Chicago 2023-12-03|
- On the rainy morning of Dec. 1, Chicago Parks Foundation and the AIDS Garden Chicago Board of Directors hosted a World AIDS Day commemoration at AIDS Garden Chicago, just south of Belmont Harbor on the Lakefront. ...
|GLAAD marks World AIDS Day with launch of global resource hub, new HIV report 2023-12-01|
--From a press release - New York, New York — Friday, Dec. 1 — GLAAD marked World AIDS Day this year by sharing the results of its fourth annual State of HIV Stigma Report, a national survey among U.S. adults measuring ...
|Wrightwood 659 to present 'Daniel Goldstein: The Marks We Leave Behind' on World AIDS Day 2023-11-29|
- (CHICAGO, Nov. 29, 2023) Alphawood Exhibitions will present Daniel Goldstein: The Marks We Leave Behind, an exhibition of works from the San Francisco-based artist & HIV/AIDS activist's iconic "Icarian Series," ...
|WTTW doc chronicles the activism of Danny Sotomayor 2023-11-03|
- Practically everything the late Chicago AIDS activist Danny Sotomayor did was "a fight." So says fellow activist Victor Salvo in the new WTTW documentary The Outrage of Danny Sotomayor, which is part of the station's Chicago ...
|World AIDS Day event at AIDS Garden Chicago Dec. 1 2023-10-31|
- Since 1988, communities around the world have stood together on World AIDS Day to show continued strength and solidarity against HIV/AIDS. We gather for awareness and for understanding of HIV/AIDS, for compassion and love for those ...
|BOOKS Writer/HIV survivor Mark S. King talks about 'My Fabulous Disease' 2023-10-20|
- For decades, HIV survivor and GLAAD Award-winning writer Mark S. King has penned the blog "My Fabulous Disease"a warts-and-all look at his life covering everything from an encounter with an armed crystal-meth addict to a major ...
|32nd Chicago AIDS Walk/Run takes off at Soldier Field 2023-10-04|
- The 32nd annual AIDS Run & Walk Chicago took place Sept. 30 from Soldier Field, this year with the motto "Show Up, Show Out.” About 2,500 participants—with a united goal of reaching $500,000 for local organizations ...
|AIDS Run & Walk Chicago 2023 to draw thousands to Soldier Field on Sept. 30 2023-09-09|
- The AIDS Run & Walk Chicago returns to Chicago's Soldier Field on Saturday, Sept. 30 to help create equity and justice across Chicagoland and raise awareness and funds for individuals who are living with or vulnerable ...
|Chicago Dancers United raises more than $365K at Dance for Life 2023-08-29|
- Chicago Dancers United (CDU)which supports the health and wellness of Chicago's professional dance communitywelcomed 1,600 people to the 32nd annual Dance for Life on Aug. 19 at Auditorium Theatre, per ...
|New guidelines increase HIV antiretroviral options 2023-08-26|
- The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) is expanding its recommendation for HIV antiretrovirals because more options are available on the market, according to MedScape. The guidance, published Aug. 22 in JAMA, updates the group's prev ...
|'Show up, Show out!' 32nd Annual AIDS Run & Walk Chicago on Sept. 30 2023-08-07|
--From a press release - (Chicago, IL) Registration is now open for the 32nd annual AIDS Run & Walk Chicago (ARWC) presented by AIDS Foundation Chicago (AFC) on Saturday, September 30 at Soldier Field. "Show up, Show Out" is this year's ...
|Chicago House indulges in Champagne Wrapture 2023-08-06|
- Chicago House's annual fundraiser, Champagne Wrapture, returned to the Windy City the evening of Aug. 3. The event was held at 600 N. Fairbanks Court on the rooftop deck and featured a silent auction, free-flowing champagne, ...
|LGBTQ+ cycling club builds both community and awareness 2023-08-01|
By Charlie Kolodziej - For the second summer in a row, Cruise Chi, Chicago's new LGBTQ+ cycling club, has been fostering a sense of community while supporting queer- and trans-advocacy. The group, led by co-founders Alton Deon and Shai Garcia, ...