WINDY CITY TIMES
||Cereal Pulp: A Tale of Love, Betrayal & Dessert
This article shared 1608 times since Wed Nov 10, 2004
We find our flaxen-haired heroine alone, despondent moving through the streets of downtown Chicago like a slow fog tripped aimlessly into dark corners by the slightest whisper of wind. Her delicate pink toes grip the unforgiving pavement, impervious to the broken glass and soda pop tops, which armor her path. Muffy, our precious Muffy, feels nothing but the pounding reverberation of her dying heart's futile cries for help echoing through her hollow chest. 'Francesca' it chokes through its own labored beat. 'Francesca, Francesca, Francesca'.
It has been three days since Muffy's beloved Francesca was found in dark play with their maid Elsa. It had been two days, twenty-three hours and fifty-nine minutes since Muffy banished them both from Vanderdyk Bungalow high in the north shores of Andersonville. Now Muffy is in her own dark play; with her soul slowly gravitating towards the Chicago River. The air is moist and one could see the tiny droplets of the fading summer's mist collecting on her plentiful bosom. The wetness permeates the lace on her Canterbury nightgown, saturating her smooth, round figure. She feels a chill run through her bones. She knows it is time. Her listless stroll turns to a deliberate march towards the river, towards the climax of her dark play in the dark streets of Chicago. Racing down the street, bouncing towards her demise, our relentless heroine is stunned by a radiant light spilling down from the windows above. The windows run the entire length of the building allowing all of the life inside to illuminate the streets below. All of the joy, love and laughter from that space fill Muffy with the memories of more joyful nights. The energy in the cascade of light envelops her, evaporating all sense of her mission. Muffy knows she must change course. The last shriveled thread of her soul wills her to. She follows the bright beam to the front door and enters … a restaurant.
Once inside, Muffaletta realizes she is famished. Famished from the very core of her being. Stumbling through the tapestry of this American bistro, Muffy encounters jovial, soul-fed diners sipping on wines and nibbling through artisan cheeses, Antipasto salads and nuggets of bread and veggies dipped into sultry vats of fondue. She looks up to catch the twinkling blue eyes of the most beautiful creature she that has ever seen beckoning her from behind a marble pastry board. Muffy stands, her damp breasts heaving with hunger over a bowl of freshly whipped cream and candied nuts. She is a peeping tom gazing into the private boudoir of this tasty treat of a pastry Goddess with her sandy blond hair and milky complexion. She spies her Goddess's nimble fingers preparing fresh chocolate waffles blanketed with poached pears and caramel ice-cream, sticky, glistening banana tarts sleeping next to hazelnut milkshake shooters and the most decadent Grand Marnier panna cotta courting two virginal blood orange macaroons to its side.
Muffy's body begins to tremble with an ecstacy she thought she would never again know as her precious Goddess slowly licks a drizzle of cashew créme anglaise from her dainty finger. She reaches over the cold stone separating them and hands Muffy a bowl; a heavenly bowl of sunshine for her soul prepared to exact specifications. It is a chocolate cremeux. The Goddess slowly spoons through the delicate whipped cappuccino foam into the hand-made sweet cream ice cream flavored with orange zest and finally reaches the rich, smooth lava of chocolate waiting at the bottom. She places the spoon to Muffy's begging lips, tracing her mouth with the sweet love piled on the end. Muffy can feel the warm beam of light that drew her to this place inside her now, reviving her shriveled spirit with every motion. Back and forth the Goddess moves the cold silver across her parting lips until the heat of Muffy's breath begins to melt the cream sending a trickle plummeting onto her left nipple just peaking from underneath her nightgown. As she follows that drip of cream with her deliberate stare, The Goddess plunges the spoon into Muffy's begging mouth. It is as if that sweet nectar fills every inch of her being and begins to seep through her skin like chocolate sweat. Muffy is alive. Muffy is reborn.
The next morning, Muffy is awakened by her telephone. She looks at her caller ID wondering who would be calling her from Bin 36, the wine bar located at 339 N. Dearborn. 'Hello,' she mews through a chocolate-soaked bed sheet. 'Hello, sweet Muffy,' answers the seductive caller 'it's your Pastry Goddess from last night.' 'I'm sorry,' replies Muffy 'I was in the middle of something rather important. I've no time to talk now.' She hangs up the phone and returns to her hot, steamy slumber, dreaming of cremeaux.
Bin 36's decadent sweets are created by pastry chef, Mr. Adrian Vasquez and lovingly prepared by Bin's own Pastry Goddess.
This article shared 1608 times since Wed Nov 10, 2004
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Pope Francis documentary 'Francesco' to debut March 26
- Pope Francisin the news lately because of the Catholic Church's stance that it cannot bless same-sex unions, adding that it is "not licit" to bless relationships that involve sexual activity outside of marriageis the subject of ...
|Vatican won't bless same-sex unions
- The Catholic Church said it cannot bless same-sex unions, adding that it is "not licit" to bless relationships that involve sexual activity outside of marriage, according to an NBC News item. The Congregation for the Doctrine ...
|WORLD: Bhutan's pro-gay move, LGBTQ+ refugees, official comes out 2020-12-14|
- A joint sitting of both houses of Bhutan's parliament approved a bill to legalize gay sex, making the tiny Himalayan kingdom the latest Asian nation to take steps toward easing restrictions on same-sex relationships, Reuters reported. ...
|MOVIES 'Cicada' flies into virtual film festivals this fall 2020-09-25|
- Set in New York City, a queer-centered movie called Cicada is now hitting virtual film festivals and explores complicated relationships with a backdrop of childhood trauma. Ben and Sam meet at a bookstore and a journey ...
|NUNN ON ONE MUSIC Rufus Wainwright on new album, Pride, future 2020-07-08|
- Out and proud performer Rufus Wainwright has always been and continues to be the thinking man's musician. His songs run deep with sometimes heavy lyrics covering topics such as family relationships, politics and religion. For those ...
|NUNN ON ONE MUSIC Out singer Tom Goss talks newest work, bears, 'Mean Girls' 2020-02-05|
- Out singer Tom Goss released his newest album, Territories, in 2019. With the record, he created videos for several singles that spotlight relationships. The LA-based singer-songwriter is known for tackling LGBT issues with his studio albums ...
|Center for Law and Social Work gives LGBTQ families equal footing 2019-11-13|
- According to the Equality Illinois publication Growing Your Family: A Guide for Prospective LGBT Adoptive Parents, there are more than "34,000 same-sex couples in long-term relationships living across the state, and 21 percent of these couples ...
|Moulin Rouge, A Night with Janis Joplin among Gene Siskel Film Center events 2019-10-29|
- OCTOBER SERIES: Screening/Lecture Series: Viewing Positions (through December 10): This series uses a wide variety of films to demonstrate the different relationships that films establish with the viewer, and ...
|Afterglow opening at Pride Arts Center March 27
- Chicago, IL - Casting for the Chicago Premiere of AFTERGLOW, an off-Broadway hit from 2017 exploring the emotional, intellectual, and physical connections between three men and the broader implications within their relationships, has been announced by ...
|Ripe. Letters, by Alan Semrow, seeks to redefine relationships 2018-11-28|
- People live in a world of relationships. When one hears "relationship," that person may think boyfriend, spouse or girlfriend. Alan Semrow's latest book seeks to expand one's understanding of what a relationship actually is. Ripe: Letters ...
|Planned Parenthood Videos Help Parents, Kids Talk About Bodies, Gender, Identities 2018-10-17|
- New York, NY Planned Parenthood Federation of America has launched the first set of videos in a new series for parents and caregivers on how to talk about topics related to bodies, sex, and relationships ...
|Kenyan director of consumer protection seems to agree with anti-gay laws 2018-07-30|
From a Allied Progress press release - WASHINGTON, D.C. Last week, Kenyan news outlet Mwakilishi.com reported that Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) "Acting Director" Mick Mulvaney appeared to agree with bans on LGBTQ+ intimacy and relationships ...
|MOVIES Director, writer talk star-studded 'Book Club' 2018-05-15|
Special to the online edition of Windy City Times - Cashing in on the book club craze, four seasoned stars have come together to make a movie about relationships and starting anew. Diane Keaton plays Diane who is recently divorced after 40 years of marriage; Jane ...
|Singer/actress Janelle Monae comes out as queer 2018-04-26|
- Singer/actress Janelle Monae has come out as queer. "Being a queer black woman in America, someone who has been in relationships with both men and womenI consider myself to be a free-ass motherfucker," she told Rolling ...
|COUP/3 program looks at polyamory, relationship ideals 2018-03-27|
Special to the online edition of Windy City Times - Emily Dahlquist created a space to express the not-so-typical relationship with its first event, "Exploring Contemporary Relationships + More Love," at Reunion Chicago on March 23. COUP/3 GOALS is a four-session series aimed at creating safe ...