WINDY CITY TIMES
||COVID Illinois sets another case record
This article shared 622 times since Wed Dec 29, 2021
For the first time during the pandemic, the daily average number of new statewide COVID-19 cases exceeded 16,000and, late last week, Chicago had the highest infection rate in Illinois, according to The Chicago Tribune.
The surge has prompted officials to caution the public about participating in large New Year's Eve gatherings. In addition, the number of COVID-related hospitalizations has risen dramatically.
The daily average of new cases reached 16,040 through Dec. 28, largely due to a record number of infections for a single day on Christmas Eve21,131and 20,804 more cases recorded the same day, per the Illinois Department of Public Health.
The 96 COVID-19 deaths on Dec. 28 were the most recorded in Illinois this month, the statistics also show. However, they are far from daily records since the start of the pandemic in March 2020a sign vaccines have been effective at preventing fatal cases.
This article shared 622 times since Wed Dec 29, 2021
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|COVID Mayor Lightfoot ends isolation 2022-01-18|
- Five days after testing positive for COVID-19, Mayor Lori Lightfoot said she is out of isolation, per CBS Chicago. "Thank you to everyone who has reached out to me and sent their well wishes. I am ...
|LaVine injured in Bulls' blowout loss to Golden State 2022-01-15|
- The Chicago Bulls (27-13) haven't been together as an entire team in a while because of injuries and COVID-19 health protocols. According to The Chicago Tribune, the latest injury occurred roughly 3� minutes into the Jan. ...
|Veterans Administration health records now display gender identity 2022-01-14|
-- Press release from The American Veterans for Equal Rights - WASHINGTON — The Department of Veterans Affairs began including gender identifiers in its national medical record system in December 2021 to help VA providers better understand and meet the health care needs of Veterans. Providing this ...
|French gay and bisexual men can donate blood starting March 16 2022-01-13|
- Starting in March, gay and bisexual French men will no longer be restricted from donating blood, The Hill reported. "We are ending an inequality that was no longer justified," French Minister for Solidarity and Health Olivier ...
|Global reports show pervasiveness of conversion therapy info 2022-01-12|
- Two reports released from the Global Project Against Hate and Extremism (GPAHE) expose how tech companies have failed to de-platform anti-LGBTQ+ conversion therapy disinformation and ban providers pushing the discredited ...
|Center on Halsted states COVID vaccine, mask requirements 2022-01-11|
- Center on Halsted, in compliance with the City of Chicago public health order effective Jan. 3, requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination for anyone (ages 5 and older) gathering in its ground-floor lobby area. Other events and ...
|COVID Chicago travel advisory remains unchanged 2022-01-11|
- Chicago's COVID travel advisory remains the same. The Chicago Department of Public Health (CDPH) did not add or remove any states or territories from its COVID-19 Travel Advisory on Jan. 11. For the second consecutive week, ...
|Mayor Lightfoot tests positive for COVID-19 2022-01-11|
- Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot announced that she's tested positive for COVID-19. On Jan. 11, she issued a statement saying, "Earlier today, I tested positive for COVID-19. I am experiencing cold-like symptoms but otherwise feel fine which ...
|COVID Insurers to cover at-home tests 2022-01-11|
- Beginning Saturday, Jan. 15, private health insurers will be required to cover up to eight home COVID-19 tests per month for people on their plans, The Chicago Tribune reported. The Biden administration announced the change Jan. ...
|Chicago Public Schools to reopen Jan. 12 2022-01-11|
- Following a deadlock that spanned four school days, the Chicago Teachers Union (CTU) approved a proposal for Chicago Public Schools (CPS) to resume in-person classes Wed., Jan. 12, The Chicago Tribune reported. The delegates also voted ...
|LGBTQ+ and BIPOC Youth Led Study on Youth and Young Adult COVID-19 Vaccination Finds Surprising Results 2022-01-10|
From a news release - BOULDER, CO - Out Boulder County in partnership with El Centro AMISTAD and Unwoven Ventures with the leadership of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer (LGBTQ+) and Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) youth created ...
|Conversion therapy now illegal in Canada 2022-01-08|
- The conversion therapy ban has taken effect in Canada, CTVNews.ca reported. After parliamentarians came together to unanimously pass legislation to eradicate the harmful practice in late 2021, the Criminal Code sanctions came into force on Jan. ...
|THEATER Steppenwolf delays '1919' premiere due to COVID 2022-01-07|
- Due to the COVID-19 surge driven by the Omicron variant, and out of an abundance of caution for public health, Steppenwolf Theatre Company has postponed its Steppenwolf for Young Adults world-premiere adaptation of Eve L. Ewing's ...
|IDHR issues guidance regarding TGNC students 2022-01-06|
- The Illinois Department of Human Rights (IDHR) has issued its Guidance Relating to Protection of Transgender, Nonbinary, and Gender Nonconforming Students. The document is a non-regulatory guidance on non-discrimination protections ...
|COVID Every state, four territories now on Chicago's travel advisory 2022-01-05|
- The Chicago Department of Public Health (CDPH) added the only state and only territory that were not on its COVID-19 travel advisory last weekMontana and Guamto the weekly list on Jan. 5. Every U.S. state is ...