WINDY CITY TIMES
||COVID Chicago's latest travel advisory remains the same
This article shared 1283 times since Tue Sep 28, 2021
The Chicago Department of Public Health (CDPH) did not add or remove any states from its weekly COVID-19 Travel Advisory on Sept. 28.
The numbers of states and territories remain at 48 and three, respectively.
California and Puerto Rico maintained their daily COVID case rates of under 15 per 100,000 residents and they remain the only two states and territories that are not on the advisory. Connecticut's daily case rate is under 10 this week. If the Constitution State maintains a sub-15.0 daily case rate, it can come off the travel advisory next week. No other states are eligible to come off the advisory next week.
The states and territories with the highest daily COVID case rates are the same as last week: Alaska (112.1 people per 100,000 residents), West Virginia (93.1), and Guam (75.5).
This article shared 1283 times since Tue Sep 28, 2021
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Actor Ezra Miler seeking treatment for mental-health issues 2022-08-16|
- After troubling behavior that has included charges of harassment and felony burglary, as well as allegations of assault and abuse, non-binary actor Ezra Miller (Justice League; The Perks of Being a Wallflower), said they are seeking ...
|WORLD Vietnam's pro-LGBTQ+ move, Grindr kidnappings, Taiwan event 2022-08-14|
Video below - Vietnam took a major step forward in the recognition of LGBTQ+ rights with the country's Ministry of Health stating that being gay, bisexual or transgender is not a disease and urging medical practitioners to end discrimination ...
|NATIONAL: Conn. candidate, trans study, D.C. attacks, Palm Springs Pride 2022-08-14|
- LGBTQ Victory Fund-endorsed candidate Erick Russell won the Democratic primary election for Connecticut state treasurer, according to an organizational press release. With this victory, he is on track to become the first out Black LGBTQ+ person ...
|COVID CDC 'streamlines guidance'; new info for immunocompromised 2022-08-13|
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued a statement saying it is "streamlining its COVID-19 guidance to help people better understand their risk, how to protect themselves and others, what actions to take if ...
|Cook County officials discuss MPV timelines 2022-08-12|
- Members of the Cook County Health and Hospitals Committee gathered Aug. 8 to hear details from local health officials on the monkeypox virus' (MPV's) impact on both suburban Cook County and Chicago, and their planned responses. ...
|Monkeypox vaccine events being held Aug. 13-14 2022-08-12|
- The Chicago Department of Public Health (CDPH), along with City Colleges, will be holding monkeypox (MPV) vaccination events. The two events will be held at Malcolm X College on the West Side and Kennedy-King College on ...
|Young LGBQ adults experience more psychological distress than older LGBQ people 2022-08-11|
-- From a Williams Institute press release - A new study by the Williams Institute at UCLA School of Law finds younger LGBQ adults are physically healthier but have worse psychological distress than older LGBQ people. Researchers examined a representative sample of LGBQ people ...
|Howard Brown Health employees win union election 2022-08-11|
- More than 470 employees at Chicago-based Howard Brown Health clinics, Broadway Youth Center and Brown Elephant retail locations announced Aug. 10 that they have won their union election, with 97% of the votes cast. This is ...
|Big Cities Health Coalition holds monkeypox virus briefing 2022-08-11|
- Big Cities Health Coalition (BCHC) held a virtual monkeypox virus briefing Aug. 10 fthat ocused on local public health activities in Chicago. Speakers included BCHC Executive Director Chrissie Juliano and BCHC member and Chicago Department of ...
|Center on Halsted hosting monkeypox vaccine clinics 2022-08-10|
- Center on Halsted, 3656 N. Halsted St., continues its monkeypox vaccine clinics through August. These clinics are for first-dose vaccinations only. Online registration for each clinic opens at 10 a.m. each Wednesday prior to that respective ...
|Dance for Life 2022 taking place Aug. 13 at the Auditorium Theatre 2022-08-09|
-- From a press release - Chicago Dancers United (CDU), which supports the health and wellness of Chicago's professional dance community, presents seven companies and a world premiere finale for its 31st annual fundraiser, Dance for Life 2022. The event takes place ...
|Montreal Pride Parade is canceled 2022-08-08|
- Citing security concerns, the organizers of the Fierte Montreal Pride Parade abruptly canceled the Aug. 7 event at the last minute, The Washington Blade reported. The other events scheduled at the Esplanade of the Olympic ParkT-Dance ...
|CDPH, community partners provide monkeypox update as Market Days nears 2022-08-05|
- With the event known as Northalsted Market Days happening Aug. 6-7—and with tens of thousands of people expected to attend—the Chicago Department of Public Health (CDPH) and community partners held a press conference Aug. 4 about ...
|Sinema plans to sign on Senate Democrats' climate, health and tax bill 2022-08-05|
- U.S. Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (D-Arizona) announced Aug. 4 that she will "move forward" with Democrats' massive climate, prescription drug and spending bill, after fellow party members appeared to reach an agreement about her concerns with the ...
| Cook County Commissioner Morrison calls for hearing to address monkeypox outbreak 2022-08-04|
-- From a press release - SCHAUMBURG, Ill. — Aug, 4, 2022 —Cook County Commissioner Kevin Morrison (District 15) has introduced a resolution calling for a public hearing in the Cook County Health and Hospitals Committee that will convene Monday, Aug. 8, ...