WINDY CITY TIMES
||COVID Chicago's latest travel advisory remains the same
This article shared 1566 times since Tue Sep 28, 2021
The Chicago Department of Public Health (CDPH) did not add or remove any states from its weekly COVID-19 Travel Advisory on Sept. 28.
The numbers of states and territories remain at 48 and three, respectively.
California and Puerto Rico maintained their daily COVID case rates of under 15 per 100,000 residents and they remain the only two states and territories that are not on the advisory. Connecticut's daily case rate is under 10 this week. If the Constitution State maintains a sub-15.0 daily case rate, it can come off the travel advisory next week. No other states are eligible to come off the advisory next week.
The states and territories with the highest daily COVID case rates are the same as last week: Alaska (112.1 people per 100,000 residents), West Virginia (93.1), and Guam (75.5).
This article shared 1566 times since Tue Sep 28, 2021
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|NATIONAL North Carolina, 'Pride Heroes,' school news, gay publication folds, Iowa 2023-06-02|
Video below - The Campaign for Southern Equality (CSE) and Campus Pride released a report focused on the life, school, and health experiences of LGBTQ+ people in North Carolina. The report's release comes as the North Carolina General Assembly ...
|Lightfoot to teach at Harvard in the fall 2023-06-01|
- Former Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot is slated to teach at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, where she will lead a course tentatively titled "Health Policy and Leadership," The Chicago Sun-Times reported. The course ...
|WORLD Japanese bill, 'HRC Equidad CL,' center closes, UN expert, amFAR gala 2023-05-26|
- LGBTQ+-rights activists criticized a new bill submitted to the Diet (Japan's national legislature) aimed at "promoting understanding" of equality issues as a "meaningless gesture," Japan Today noted. Japan's coalition government ...
|State Rep. Kelly Cassidy denounces violent acts stemming from political speech 2023-05-26|
--From a press release - SPRINGFIELD, Ill. — State Rep. Kelly Cassidy, D-Chicago, along with members of the House Dobbs Working Group responded to increasing acts of violence and threats stemming from political attacks on reproductive rights and the LGBTQ community ...
|Illinois Healthcare Cultural Competency Coalition applauds passage of HB 2450 2023-05-25|
--From a press release - The Illinois Healthcare Cultural Competency Coalition applauds passage by the Illinois General Assembly of legislation that will ensure cultural competency is part of continuing medical education for a range of healthcare providers in Illinois. "We are ...
|Board of Commissioners unanimously passes Bodily Autonomy Ordinance Amendment with support of Equality Illinois, ACLU Illinois 2023-05-25|
--From a press release - Chicago, Ill. — May 25th 2023 — Today, the Cook County Board of Commissioners unanimously passed an amendment to the Human Rights Ordinance ensuring the protection of all individual's right to their own bodily autonomy. The ...
|Louisiana Senate committee kills anti-trans bill aimed at minors 2023-05-24|
- The Louisiana Senate Health & Welfare Committee has stopped an anti-trans bill aimed at minors, WBRZ News 2 in Baton Rouge has reported. Republican committee chairman Fred Mills joined Democrats on May 24 to kill Louisiana House Bill 648—a bill tha ...
|Louisiana Senate Health & Welfare Committee kills bans on gender affirming care, HRC responds 2023-05-24|
--From a press release - Baton Rouge, Louisiana — Today, the Human Rights Campaign (HRC), the nation's largest lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ+) civil rights organization, thanks members of the Louisiana Senate Health ...
|Dr. Petros Levounis takes office as American Psychiatric Association president 2023-05-24|
--From a press release - WASHINGTON, D.C., May 24, 2023 Petros Levounis, M.D., M.A., an internationally renowned addiction expert and advocate of LBGTQ+ mental health, began his term as president of the American Psychiatric Association (APA) at the 2023 APA ...
|TaskForce Chicago's ED talks organization, AIDS stigma and queerness 2023-05-25|
- Among the many organizations helping Chicago youths is TaskForce Prevention & Community Services. The West Side-based organization helps hundreds of youths by being committed to addressing the HIV/STI-related needs of ...
|WORLD Spain, South Korea festival, Eurovision, marriage items, Sri Lanka 2023-05-19|
- Spain became the latest country to join a U.S. initiative that seeks to promote LGBTQI+ rights around the world, The Washington Blade reported. "Promoting and protecting the human rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and ...
|Florida Gov. DeSantis signs four anti-LGBTQ bills into law; parents file for an Emergency Order to Block SB 254 2023-05-17|
--From press releases - (Miami, Florida - May 17) Today, on International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia, and Transphobia, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis signed into law four anti-LGBTQ+ bills at a signing ceremony at a private Christian school. The bills signed ...
|Missouri Attorney General issues order terminating anti-transgender rule 2023-05-17|
--From a Lambda Legal press release - Jefferson City, Mo. — Missouri Attorney General Andrew Bailey has issued an order terminating his anti-transgender emergency rule challenged in Southampton Community Healthcare v. Bailey, the lawsuit filed by Lambda Legal, ACLU of Missouri and Brya ...
|Texas House passes bill SB14 which would ban healthcare for transgender youth; GLAAD speaks 2023-05-15|
--From a GLAAD press release - (New York, NY - May 15, 2023) - Today members of the Texas House of Representatives passed SB14 banning life-saving healthcare for transgender youth. The bill now heads back to the Senate for final approval before ...
|Chicago House welcomes spring with 'Secret Garden' event 2023-05-12|
- On May 7, Chicago House presented its annual spring fashion brunch, this year titled The Secret Garden, in the Winter Green Ballroom of the Harold Washington Library. The annual event, which some now regard as the ...
|Artemis Singers' summer performance urges listeners to be 'defiantly optimistic' |
|NATIONAL North Carolina, 'Pride Heroes,' school news, gay publication folds, Iowa|
|WORLD Global survey, Turkey, Russians in Argentina, trans-rights activist|
|SHOWBIZ Romance films, Megan Thee Stallion, Keith Haring, Cher, George Maharis|
|THEATER 'Star Wars' burlesque parody at Logan Auditorium|