WINDY CITY TIMES
||COVID Chicago travel advisory only excludes one state and one territory
This article shared 1512 times since Tue Dec 28, 2021
On Dec. 28, the Chicago Department of Public Health (CDPH) added two statesLouisiana and South Carolinaas well as the Virgin Islands to its weekly COVID-19 travel advisory.
The advisory now includes 48 states and three territories. Only Montana and Guam are not listed.
Three statesAlaska, Idaho and Mississippiare eligible to come off the advisory next week. Daily COVID-19 case rates must be below 15 per 100,000 residents for two consecutive weeks for a state to be removed from the advisory.
The U.S. average daily case rate per 100,000 residents is 62.2, nearly double what it was three weeks ago (31.3). Illinois' daily case rate currently is 87.1, also more than double what it was three weeks ago (39.2). Chicago's daily case rate is 140.3, a more than 500 percent increase from three weeks ago (23.2).
This article shared 1512 times since Tue Dec 28, 2021
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Columbus, Ohio: A tantalizing mix of the old and the new 2022-06-09|
- I have had the good fortune to visit Columbus, Ohio, several times—and there's a lot more to the 14th-most populous city in the country than The Ohio State University (and, yes, be sure to include "the"). ...
|Rolling into Texas 2022-06-08|
by Joey Amato - Palestinejust a hop, skip and a jump from Dallasoffers a blue dot of small-town charm I had a trip to Texas planned prior to the introduction of the anti-transgender bills in state Congress. I considered cancelling ...
|TRAVEL Descanso is Palm Springs newest gay resort 2022-06-08|
- Descanso is the first resort for gay men to open in Palm Springs in more than 10 years, and "The response has been beyond expectations," said general manager Kent Taylor. Weekends are already booked through June, ...
|Probable monkeypox case confirmed in Chicago 2022-06-02|
- On June 2, the Chicago Department of Public Health (CDPH) and Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) announced a single presumptive monkeypox case in an adult male Chicago resident with recent travel history to Europe, per ...
|Chicago attractions named to U.S. summer travel list 2022-05-24|
- Four Chicago area attractions have been named among the 150 best things to do in the United States this summer by Travel Lemming. The online travel guide's list highlights the publication's favorite summer events, experiences and ...
|COVID Latest travel update: 9.7% of country at 'Medium' or 'High' level 2022-04-30|
- In the CDC's weekly update of COVID-19 Community Levels released April 29, 9.7 percent—or 314—of the 3,220 counties in the United States and Puerto Rico are now designated at a "Medium" or "High" COVID-19 level. That ...
|MUSIC Lil Nas X reveals dates for his first-ever tour 2022-04-26|
- Grammy-winning, multi-platinum-selling queer rapper Lil Nas X will embark on his first-ever traveling showthe "Long Live Montero" tourthis fall in North America and Europe, according to Variety. The North American leg kicks off at The Fillmore ...
|Travel confusion reigns as judge overturns mask mandate 2022-04-19|
- On April 18, U.S. District Judge Kathryn Kimball Mizelle—a Donald Trump appointee—struck down the Biden Administration's COVID mask mandate for airplanes and other public transport methods. A Biden Administration official ...
|COVID CDC extends travel mask requirement to May 3 2022-04-14|
- The Biden administration announced that it is extending the nationwide mask requirement for airplanes and public transit until at least Tuesday, May 3, as it monitors an increase in COVID-19 cases. The Centers for Disease Control ...
|NATIONAL Ukrainian rally, travel ban, Brooklyn bar, Virginia measure 2022-04-10|
- A group of LGBTQ Ukrainians and their supporters held a rally in front of the White House on April 3, The Washington Blade reported. ...
|CPDH's travel advisory shows almost 9% of U.S. at COVID's medium to high level 2022-03-26|
- The Chicago Department of Public Health (CDPH) is advising unvaccinated travelers to take special precautions if they plan to travel in the coming week to areas of the United Statessuch as parts of the upper Plains, ...
|COVID Chicago removes seven more states from travel advisory, makes adjustments 2022-03-22|
- The Chicago Department of Public Health (CDPH) removed seven states from its weekly COVID-19 Travel AdvisoryAlabama, California, Montana, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina and Oregonand announced that it is ...
|Pride Journey: Iceland 2022-03-21|
- The only way to describe Iceland is ... magical. It truly is. Iceland is like no other place I've visited in the world. It's topography, climate, people, culture, history, and nightlife blended together make Iceland a ...
|Sixteen more states off Chicago's COVID travel advisory 2022-03-16|
- The Chicago Department of Public Health (CDPH) removed 16 states from its weekly COVID-19 travel advisory on March 15. Those states included Arizona, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi ...
|Twelve states removed from Chicago's COVID travel advisory 2022-03-08|
- The Chicago Department of Public Health (CDPH) removed 12 states from its weekly COVID-19 Travel Advisory on March 8. Thirty-four states and one territory are still on the advisory. The following states and territories were removed ...