WINDY CITY TIMES
||COVID Chicago promotes website that helps users find, book vaccination appointments
This article shared 673 times since Wed Feb 3, 2021
The city of Chicago is promoting a national website that will allow people to find and schedule COVID-19 vaccination appointments, The Chicago Tribune reported.
The site, ZocDoc.com/vaccine, is run by an outside provider. It will allow users to find and book appointments from some local vaccination sites, including city-run mass vaccination sites and those operated by AMITA Health, Erie Family Health, Innovative Express Care and Rush University Medical Center.
Chicago Department of Public Health Commission Dr. Alison Arwady said in a press conference that the partnership comes at no cost to the city and also will allow people to sign up to be notified when new appointments are available.
With slots rapidly filling, Arwady advised that residents should register their emails for notifications on future availability.
This article shared 673 times since Wed Feb 3, 2021
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|PrEP options likely to change following Truvada patent expiration 2021-03-04|
- Among the myriad challenges facing HIV/AIDS advocates and healthcare providers has been increasing use of pre-exposure prophylaxis, or PrEP, among persons at risk for HIV transmission. A PrEP intervention, which usually consists of taking the oral ...
|PPIA to feature Lauren Underwood on March 5 2021-03-02|
- Planned Parenthood Illinois Action (PPIA) has announced a special Activist University Extra Credit session featuring Congresswoman Lauren Underwood on Friday, March 5, at 5:30 p.m. Kicking off Women's History Month ...
|COVID Lightfoot: Bars, restaurants can be at 50%, stay open until 1 a.m. 2021-03-02|
- On March 2, Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot announced that the city will allow bars and restaurants to boost indoor capacity to 50% and remain open until 1 a.m., The Chicago Tribune reported. Lightfoot also will allow ...
|APA adopts resolution opposing efforts to change people's gender identity 2021-03-02|
--From a press release - WASHINGTON — The American Psychological Association has adopted a resolution opposing efforts to change people's gender identity, citing scientific research showing that such actions may be harmful. The resolution, adopted ...
|United Center vaccination appointments open Thursday for Illinois seniors 2021-03-02|
--From a press release - CHICAGO — Beginning Thursday, March 4 at 8:30 a.m., Illinois seniors can schedule their first COVID-19 vaccine appointment at the United Center vaccine site, which will begin to administer a limited number of vaccines on March ...
|Howard Brown Health expands access to medical care of sexual-assault survivors
- Howard Brown Health is now providing access to medical forensic exams and evidence collection for survivors of sexual assault on the North and South sides of Chicago through its In Power program. Together with local rape-crisis ...
|COVID Vaccinations at United Center starting March 10 2021-02-26|
- On Feb. 26, the Biden administration, Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker, Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle, Chicago Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot, and U.S. Sens. Dick Durbin and Tammy Duckworth announced that eligible Illinoisans from every part ...
|Vaccine eligibility opens to Illinoisans with serious medical conditions 2021-02-25|
--From a press release - CHICAGO — Building on efforts to equitably distribute the COVID-19 vaccine, Governor Pritzker and the Illinois Department of Health today announced that Illinoisans with serious medical conditions can be vaccinated ...
|Dr. Rachel Levine confirmation hearing today, to be first trans Senate-confirmed appointee 2021-02-25|
--From a press release - Washington, DC — Today Dr. Rachel Levine will testify before the U.S. Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions about her experience and qualifications to be the next U.S. Assistant Secretary of Health. If moved ...
|One-third of gay, bisexual men who take PrEP discontinue within three years
--From a press release - Familiarity and favorable attitudes towards PrEP have increased over time, though use remains low A new study from the Williams Institute at UCLA School of Law finds a significant increase in familiarity with pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) ...
|Victory Institute condemns Rand Paul attack on
Dr. Rachel Levine, trans youth 2021-02-25|
--From a press release - Washington, DC — Today LGBTQ Victory Institute condemned Senator Rand Paul's transphobic attack on Dr. Rachel Levine during her confirmation hearing before the U.S. Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions. He attacked trans you ...
|COVID Howard Brown Health COO talks vaccine rollout and race 2021-02-18|
- On Feb. 13, Howard Brown Health hosted a citywide vaccination blitz at five community partner locations (New Beginnings Church of Chicago; 6620 S. King Dr.; Trinity United Church of Christ/TUCC; 400 W. 95th St.; Rising Sun ...
|COVID Chicago expands indoor dining capacity
- The city of Chicago plans to reduce indoor dining restrictions for a second consecutive week, allowing bars and restaurants to offer service at either 40% capacity or 50 people, whichever is less, The Chicago Tribune reported. ...
|The Amazon Trail Covid 19 Pioneer 2021-02-13|
- Now that President Biden and Vice President Harris are in office, I've been able to have my first Covid 19 vaccine shot. It was no big deal. I went to our county fairgrounds expecting to be injected through my car window, ...
|CDC establishes school-reopening guidelines
- On Feb. 12, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said that teachers and students should return to the classroom and can do so safelyeven in areas with high rates of viral transmissionif certain mitigation ...