WINDY CITY TIMES
||CDC: Gay and lesbian adults had higher COVID vaccination rates than straight people
This article shared 1786 times since Fri Feb 4, 2022
Federal officials said gay and lesbian adults are more likely to have been vaccinated against COVID-19 than heterosexual adults, ABC News reported.
A new study from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) found 85.4% of gay and lesbian Americans above age 18 had received at least one vaccine dose as of October 2021.
The number for heterosexuals is 76.3%.
The data also showed bisexual and transgender adults had similar vaccination rates to heterosexual adults, with 72.6% of bisexual and 71.4% of trans adults fully vaccinated by the end of October.
Additionally, gay and lesbian adults were more likely to be concerned about COVID-19 and to believe in the safety and efficacy of vaccines.
For the survey, CDC researchers collected data from the National Immunization Survey Adult COVID Module on Aug. 29-Oct. 30, 2021.
The full report is at www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/wr/mm7105a3.htm.
This article shared 1786 times since Fri Feb 4, 2022
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Support group for LGBT widows and widowers unites members in grief 2023-09-30|
- In May of 2016, C. Russell Bond of Wilmette founded a Meetup.com monthly support group for LGBT widows and widowers. The group's most recent September meeting happened to fall one day after an anniversary date with ...
|Kentucky, Tennessee allowed to enforce anti-trans youth healthcare bans 2023-09-30|
- The Cincinnati, Ohio-based Sixth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals has allowed Tennessee and Kentucky to enforce laws banning gender-affirming medical care for minors, such as puberty blockers, hormones and surgery, Reuters reported. The ruling is the ...
|OPINION Social media use, mental health literacy and related problems among LGBTQ+ youth 2023-09-23|
- Special to Windy City Times Depression levels in the United States have risen steadily over the past five decades, and steep increases have been observed in recent years among children, adolescents, and adults under 25 years ...
|Lambda, TLDEF urge 4th Circuit to uphold rulings protecting gender-affirming care in NC, WV 2023-09-21|
--From a press release - (RICHMOND, VA - Thursday, Sept 21) — Today, a full panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit heard arguments in two cases involving equal access to health care for transgender people. State ...
|Pritzker and Brady-Davis honored at Planned Parenthood gala 2023-09-17|
- On the evening of Sept. 14, Planned Parenthood Illinois Action (PPIA) and Planned Parenthood Illinois Action PAC (PPIA PAC) organizations presented their annual Fighting Forward Gala fundraiser. The event shone ...
|NATIONAL Lesbian politician, Nancy Pelosi, bomb threat, politician dies, Lyft 2023-09-15|
- Kathy Kozachenkothe first out politician elected to public office in the countrywill be honored with a statue on the 50th anniversary of her historic election, per The Advocate. The city of Ann Arbor, Michigan, will honor ...
|MAP reports on obstacles trans people face with healthcare, legal recognition 2023-09-15|
--From a press release - Today the Movement Advancement Project (MAP) released Banning Medical Care and Legal Recognition for Transgender People, the fifth in MAP's report series, Under Fire: The War on LGBTQ People in America. The report details how the ...
|Planned Parenthood of Wisconsin to resume abortions after ruling 2023-09-15|
- Planned Parenthood of Wisconsin (PPWI) announced that it will resume abortion-care services Monday, Sept. 18, after a judge ruled in July that an old state law that appeared to ban the procedure does not apply to ...
|Aging LGBTQ+ Americans face additional caregiving challenges 2023-09-07|
- While Darcy Connors was a nursing home administrator in the South, she also operated a COVID-19 recovery center. Connors and her staff noticed that two of the patients in their charge had a strong connection with ...
|On the (gay) horizon: Center on Halsted marks 50 years 2023-09-06|
- In 1973, a group of Chicagoans organized a telephone hotline, which they named Helpline, allowing the community to more easily find and assist one another. This was a time when LGBTQ+ bars were still regularly raided ...
|WORLD Brazilian court, Scottish items, Canadian policy, PEPFAR 2023-08-31|
- The Brazilian Supreme Federal Court ruled nine to one that homophobia is now punishable with up to five years in prison, The Washington Blade reported. Their decision equates homophobia to racism in terms of prison time. ...
|Howard Brown Health reinstates workers following NLRB settlement recommendations 2023-08-29|
--From a press release - CHICAGO, Aug. 29, 2023 — Howard Brown Health reinstated 25 employees as part of a plan to follow the recommendations outlined in a proposed settlement from Region 13 of the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB). The ...
|Chicago Dancers United raises more than $365K at Dance for Life 2023-08-29|
- Chicago Dancers United (CDU)which supports the health and wellness of Chicago's professional dance communitywelcomed 1,600 people to the 32nd annual Dance for Life on Aug. 19 at Auditorium Theatre, per ...
|WORLD Argentinian elections, indian prince, UN, Gay Games 2023-08-25|
- The results of Argentina's Aug. 13 primary elections revealed a political landscape that combines significant advances in LGBTQI+ rights with the expansion of the far-right in that country, The Washington ...
|Court allows anti-trans youth healthcare ban in Alabama 2023-08-22|
- On Aug. 21, a three-judge panel on the 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals vacated a district court judge's temporary injunction against Alabama's law banning gender-affirming care for people under 19, The Hill reported. The development ...
|Mexican Museum presents Queer Fiesta|
|SHOWBIZ Outfest, Halo, 'Sex Education,' trans singer, 'Doctor Who'|
|WORLD African efforts, HIV in Amsterdam, Donatella Versace, 'The Queen in Me'|
|DANCE Deeply Rooted performing Nov. 3 at the Auditorium Theatre|
|NATIONAL Bisexual politicians, DADT, NBJC awards, crimes, Buttigieg|