WINDY CITY TIMES
This article shared 1647 times since Wed Apr 13, 2005
Martina Navratilova has filed suit in federal court to block a gay-friendly credit card company from continuing to use her image in its promotions, but the card company has now fired back with counterclaims that accuse Navratilova of lodging false accusations in an attempt to 'destroy' the company, according to an article on Law.com . Conshohocken, Penn.-based Do Tell Inc. disputes some of Navratilova's most basic allegations and adds counterclaims that accuse Navratilova of breaching her fiduciary duty as an officer of the company.
On April 21, from 7-9 p.m., Judith Markowitz, author of The Gay Detective Novel, continues her series called dyke-tectives and gay dicks, with a focus is on R.D. Zimmerman's Todd Mill series ( starting with Closet ) . The event is at Gerber/Hart Library, 1127 W. Granville. For more information call ( 773 ) 381-8030 or visit www.gerberhart.org .
On April 22, Chicago Filmmakers, 5243 N. Clark, will present an evening with local filmmaker H.D. Motyl. Admission is $7. For more info, call ( 773 ) 293-1447.
This article shared 1647 times since Wed Apr 13, 2005
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Chicago's holiday cultural and arts events to reopen for in-person 2021-09-23|
--From a press release - CHICAGO — Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot and the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE) today announced DCASE fall and holiday programming as Chicago's vital arts scene continues to safely and fully reopen. In-person holiday ...
|NATIONAL Carl Bean dies, LGBT History Month, military events, Dykes on Bikes 2021-09-19|
- Archbishop Carl Beanan openly gay former Motown singer, longtime AIDS activist and leader in the LGBTQ church movementdied at age 77, The New York Daily News reported. In a statement entitled "The Giant Sleeps," the Unity ...
|United Center to require COVID-19 vaccination or negative test to attend all events 2021-09-02|
--From a press release - The United Center will require all event attendees, including fans at Chicago Bulls and Chicago Blackhawks games, to present proof of full vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test to gain access to the arena. The decision ...
|Mayor Harold Washington centennial event looks at his LGBTQ+ legacy 2021-08-31|
--From a press release - CHICAGO—The LGBTQ legacy of late Chicago Mayor Harold Washington (1922-1987) will be discussed as part of a series of events marking his 100th birthday in 2022. This free LGBTQ event will be Wed., Oct. 13, 6-8 ...
|LGBTCC hosting boat cruise, business boot camp 2021-08-14|
- The LGBT Chamber of Commerce of Illinois (LGBTCC) is hosting two separate events within the next few weeks. The organization will hold its annual boat cruise Monday, Aug. 23, 6-9:30 p.m., on The Spirit of Chicago ...
|Lightfoot's "Chicago in Tune" music festival starting Thursday 2021-08-13|
--From a press release - CHICAGO—Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot and the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE) today announced more details for the new "Chicago in Tune" music festival starting Thursday — including ...
|WORLD Ghana's bill, Pride events, Gay Games, race-car driver 2021-08-08|
- Ghanaian lawmakers are facing backlash over a bill before Ghana's parliament that aims to make LGBTQ-rights advocacy illegal, Voice of America reported. Eight lawmakers are sponsoring the bill, which would impose a maximum 10-year prison sentence ...
|Taste of Andersonville returns Wed., Aug. 11 2021-07-28|
--From a press release - CHICAGO (July 28, 2021) — The Andersonville Chamber of Commerce (ACC) is excited to welcome back one of its most popular summer events: the annual Taste of Andersonville on Wed., Aug. 11, 5-8 p.m. This year's ...
|Logan Center Bluesfest to include Shemekia Copeland, avery r. young 2021-07-28|
- This year, the Third Logan Center Bluesfest will take place Oct. 15-17. It will be a hybrid model with a series of intimate concerts, conversations and special events in which select programming is offered in-person, at ...
|Howard Brown Health calls on businesses, LGBTQ events to re-implement COVID restrictions 2021-07-28|
--From a Howard Brown press release - (Chicago, IL, July 28, 2021) — Howard Brown Health, the Midwest's largest LGBTQ healthcare organization, is imploring local businesses and public event producers to implement strict COVID-19 safety and prevention ...
|Winifred Haun & Dancers announces 2021-22 season, return to live performances 2021-07-27|
--From a press release - Chicago & Oak Park, IL — Winifred Haun & Dancers will return to in person theater events and live programming for the upcoming 2021|22 Season. The Company will be presented at the Pritzker Pavilion, Ruth Page ...
|Chicago Auto Show taking place July 15-19 2021-07-14|
- An abridged version of the annual Chicago Auto Show will take place July 15-19 at McCormick Place, 2301 S. King Dr. The auto show will be one of McCormick Place's first live, in-person events since the ...
|Barbara Kruger's works to be part of 'Art on theMART' 2021-07-13|
- In partnership with Chicago's Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events, Art on theMART announced a major new addition to its fall program: a projection by renowned conceptual artist Barbara Kruger. The projection will be shown ...
|Uniting Pride of Champaign County announces dates, theme of Pride events 2021-07-08|
- Uniting Pride of Champaign County announced the dates and theme for the 2021 Champaign-Urbana PrideFest and Parade. C-U Pridefest will be held the weekend of Sept. 24-26. After a year of isolation due to COVID-19 and ...
|Move your body! "House City" music series starts Sunday 2021-07-03|
- "House City" (kicking off July 4) is a new, 10-part series of free events popping up throughout the summer in the neighborhoods that helped create the House music genre over 35 years ago. DJ Jes, El ...