WINDY CITY TIMES
||Black gay dads behind photo split
This article shared 3170 times since Thu Aug 20, 2015
The two African-American dads who cultivated a large Internet following due to their photo-perfect family have split, People reported.
In a letter to their 187,000 followers that spanned six Instagram posts, Caleb Anthony, 27, revealed that he and Kordale Lewis, 26, are "no longer together."
The Atlanta couple, who have two young daughters and a son, generated a huge Web response after posting an Instagram photo of their morning hair routine with their girls, captioning the photo, "Being fathers is getting our daughters up at 5:30 am, making breakfast, getting them dressed for school and putting them on the bus by 6:30."
In an interview with Windy City Times that ran in June 2014, Lewis ( while promoting his book Picture Perfect? ) said, "For the past few months, my relationship with my fiance has been up and down. I think he now understands that I was traumatized [by childhood abuse]."
The original People article is at www.people.com/article/hot-gay-dads-breakup. The Windy City Times item is at www.windycitymediagroup.com/lgbt/Instagram-celebrity-looks-at-abuses-love-in-memoir-/47991.html .
This article shared 3170 times since Thu Aug 20, 2015
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Turner's book details a life-journey beginning 'When the World Didn't End' 2023-06-02|
- Screenwriter-actor Guinevere Turner has published a new memoir, When the World Didn't End. The book describes both her childhood spent within the Lyman Family cult, and the emotionally-wrought adjustments her family made when Turner's mother left ...
|Organization holds surrogacy information event at Center June 2-3 2023-05-31|
- A national surrogacy organization will host a conference and expo—aimed at gay couples and individuals wishing to learn about surrogacy and gay parents that have already used surrogacy strategies—at Center on Halsted, 3656 N. Halsted St., ...
|More than 100 pro-LGBTQ+ groups, allies urge Target and business community to reject anti-LGBTQ+ attacks 2023-05-31|
--From a press release - WASHINGTON - Today, the Human Rights Campaign (HRC), GLAAD, GLSEN, Family Equality, National LGBTQ Task Force, National Center for Lesbian Rights and National Black Justice Coalition, in partnership with more ...
|Chef Art Smith talks upcoming dinner and activism 2023-05-26|
- More than 6 million Americans are living with Alzheimer's disease, including more than 230,000 Illinoisans. Additionally, more than 11 million family members and friends serve as dementia caregivers, with more than 383,000 caregivers in Illinois. Unti ...
|Leading LGBTQ+ groups raise alarm to business community on coordinated anti-LGBTQ+ attacks; call on Target to lead 2023-05-25|
--From a press release - Organizations calling on Target and all businesses to stand up against anti-LGBTQ2S+ extremism in statement below: Family Equality, GLAAD, GLSEN, The Human Rights Campaign, National Center For Lesbian Rights, National LGBTQ Task Force, National Black J ...
|LGBTQ+ Center Lake County set to host third annual PrideFest 2023-05-19|
- The non-profit LGBTQ+ Center Lake County will host its third annual PrideFest Saturday, June 10 at the Round Lake Beach Cultural and Civic Center. The family-friendly outdoor festival is free, kicks off at noon and ends ...
|Archdiocese of Chicago, Loyola offer spring retreat for LGBTQ+ community and families 2023-05-15|
--From a press release - The Archdiocesan Gay and Lesbian Outreach of Chicago will partner with Loyola University Chicago's Institute of Pastoral Studies to host a four-part spring retreat for the LGBTQ+ community and their family members starting May 24, 2023. ...
|Q Christian Fellowship holds annual Parent and Family Summit 2023-05-09|
- Q Christian Fellowship (QCF) held its annual Parent and Family Summit May 5-7 at Fourth Presbyterian Church in Chicago. According to the event's press release, this year's gathering "is a proclamation that LGBTQ+ people are beloved ...
|Billy Masters: Carrie Fisher's family declare Walk of Fame star wars 2023-05-08|
- "Days after Billy Masters revealed he spent time with Darren Hayes on the final stop of his tour (and talked about his butt), Darren announces his marriage is over: Coincidence?" —A fan wrote this to "Ask ...
|Screenwriter Guinevere Turner book launch June 4; book chronicles growing up with infamous Lyman Family cult 2023-05-25|
--From a press release - CHICAGO—The book launch of acclaimed screenwriter Guinevere Turner's When the World Didn't End, a memoir of her childhood growing up with the infamous Lyman Family cult, will be held Sunday, June 4, 2-5 p.m. at Whiskey ...
|One Roof Chicago LGBTQ+ centered intergenerational community in planning stages, announces new executive director 2023-04-23|
- When One Roof Chicago (ORC) founder Pamela Calvert, a then-newcomer to Chicago, was researching senior living options for her wife and herself, both elder orphans with no close family ties in the area, she was looking ...
|Q Christian Fellowship to present: 2023 Parent & Family Summit 2023-04-17|
--From a press release - Chicago, IL, April 2023 Q Christian Fellowship presents the 2023 Parent & Family Summit at Fourth Presbyterian Church in Chicago, May 5 through 7 . At a time when political climates are increasingly hostile towards ...
|Study: Outcomes for children similar regardless of the LGBTQ+ identity of the children's parents 2023-03-10|
--From a press release - NEW YORK — This week a new report was released by BMJ Global Health examining outcomes between LGBTQ+ families and families headed by heterosexual couples. The report, a literature review and synthesis of dozens of academic ...
|Center on Halsted presents annual Intergenerational Talent Show 2023-03-06|
- On March 2, Center on Halsted hosted its Fifth Annual Intergenerational Talent Show, featuring performances from participants from the Youth and Family Services and the Senior Services programs. Participants in the free event presented a program ...
|'Everything' sweeps The Society of LGBTQ Entertainment Critics 14th Dorian Film Awards 2023-02-23|
--From a press release - GALECA,The Society of LGBTQ Entertainment Critics, has named A24's fantastical and affecting family relationship drama Everything Everywhere All at Once 2022's Film of the Yearand then somein its 14th Dorian ...
|Artemis Singers' summer performance urges listeners to be 'defiantly optimistic' |
|NATIONAL North Carolina, 'Pride Heroes,' school news, gay publication folds, Iowa|
|WORLD Global survey, Turkey, Russians in Argentina, trans-rights activist|
|SHOWBIZ Romance films, Megan Thee Stallion, Keith Haring, Cher, George Maharis|
|THEATER 'Star Wars' burlesque parody at Logan Auditorium|