WINDY CITY TIMES
place April 17-18
Special to the online edition of Windy City Times
This article shared 2523 times since Tue Mar 24, 2015
This year's Baconfest Chicago will take place Friday-Saturday, April 17-18, at the UIC Forum, 725 W. Roosevelt Rd. ( Depending on demand, a fourth session may be added on Sunday, April 19. )
There will again be three sessions: Friday dinner ( 6-7 p.m. for VIPs; 7-10 p.m. for general admission ); Saturday lunch ( 11 a.m.-12 p.m. for VIPs; 12-3 p.m. for the public ); and Saturday dinner ( 6-7 p.m. for VIPs; 7-10 p.m. for general admission ).
Hundreds of chefs and restaurants will again take part. Among the restaurants/chefs slated to participate are 312 Chicago ( Luca Corazzina ), Farmhouse ( Eric Mansavage ), Son of a Butcher Tavern ( Frank Valdez ), Tanta ( Jesus Delgado ), Chicago q ( Lee Ann Whippen ), Honey Butter Fried Chicken ( Joshua Kulp and Christine Cikowski ), Slurping Turtle ( Takashi Yagihashi ) and Zapatista ( Alberto Mendez ).
VIP Tickets are $200 plsu ticketing fees; general admission is $100 plus fees. Tickets ( and only the Friday-dinner passes remain ) are available through Eventbrite: baconfestchicago2015.eventbrite.com .
This article shared 2523 times since Tue Mar 24, 2015
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Food website: Chicago bakery among top LGBTQ-owned spots in the U.S. 2022-07-03|
- The food website Taste of Home has listed what it feels are the top LGBTQ-owned restaurants in the countryand a Chicago bakery is among the spots. Jennivee's Bakery, 3301 N. Sheffield Ave., "is a queer-owned and ...
|SAVOR VietFive owner Tuan Huynh talks cafe, equity, hot-dog empanadas 2022-06-15|
- Located in an area of Chicago West Loop that includes various restaurants and several fitness venues, VietFive (1116 W. Madison St.; https://www.vietfive.com/) certainly stands outfor all the right reasons. According ...
|James Beard Awards: One Chicago chef wins, Nobody's Darling falls short 2022-06-14|
- On June 13, the James Beard Foundation announced its 2022 Restaurant and Chef Award winners during the live James Beard Awards Restaurant and Chef Awards ceremony presented by Capital One at the Lyric Opera of Chicago. ...
|City of Chicago announces complete 2022 Taste of Chicago schedule 2022-06-05|
-- From a press release - CHICAGOMayor Lori E. Lightfoot and the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE) are pleased to announce the food vendor and entertainment lineup for the 2022 Taste of Chicago, presented by John Deere. Established in ...
|SAVOR Nautical-themed spots Lake House and The Hampton Social; restaurant news 2022-06-03|
- Remember when you had that spacious second lakefront home that you could visit during the summer—dining on seafood and kicking back on those lazy afternoons? Yeah … me neither. However, the Fairmont Chicago has brought the ...
|NATIONAL Trans survey, Gays Against Guns, TIME 100, candidates, crimes 2022-05-29|
- Transgender women experiencing homelessness, food insecurity, poor health services and low pay are less likely to receive necessary HIV prevention support or treatment, according to a Centers for Disease Control (CDC) study based on responses from ...
|SAVOR Coco Pazzo: Lunch at a longtime Italian favorite 2022-05-13|
- The River North spot Coco Pazzo, 300 W. Hubbard St., is one of those spots I've always wanted to visit. I had heard some people rave about the restaurant but, for some reason, I never got around to visiting this Tuscan ...
|Queer college salutatorian plans to help community through food 2022-05-10|
- Back in March, Jose Cueva got an unexpected phone call from the president of Kennedy-King College: Cueva's perfect 4.0 GPA meant he would be graduating as salutatorian. "I was in shock; I wasn't expecting that," Cueva ...
|SAVOR Cafe Sophie: Chef Grant talks about his European getaway in the Gold Coast 2022-05-06|
- Chef Danny Grant wants to take Chicagoans (and visitors) to Europe—via his latest spot, Cafe Sophie, which opened April 14. Named after Grant's aunt, Cafe Sophie (a 2,500-square-foot space at 847 N. State St., in the ...
|Two Whole Foods stores to close; Lightfoot, Hunter respond 2022-04-30|
- Whole Foods is closing two Chicago storesincluding one it opened on the South Side six years ago amid promises to end the food desert in that area, Block Club Chicago reported. The Englewood spot and a ...
|Chicago part of Taco Bell Drag Brunch tour 2022-04-29|
- Starting next month, Taco Bell is launching the Taco Bell Drag Bruncha five-stop restaurant tour that aims to celebrate drag culture and the LGBTQ+ community, Food and Wine noted. Taking place at five Taco Bell Cantina ...
|The Andersonville Wine Walk returns for its 16th year on May 15 2022-04-23|
-- From a press release - CHICAGO (April 21, 2022) — The Andersonville Chamber of Commerce (ACC), in partnership with In Fine Spirits, is pleased to welcome back its annual Andersonville Wine Walk, an afternoon of ...
|Andersonville Farmers Market returns May 11 - Oct. 19 2022-04-15|
-- From a press release - CHICAGO (April 14, 2022) — The Andersonville Farmers Market (AFM) is pleased to return for its 13th season featuring 30 vendors on Wednesdays from 3 — 7 pm from May 11 — October 19, 2022 on ...
|First COVID breath test authorized 2022-04-15|
- The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) authorized the first COVID-19 test that uses breath samples, according to NBC News. The InspectIR COVID-19 Breathalyzer test has to be done by a trained operator, but the FDA said ...
|Out LondonHouse Executive Chef Liz Sweeney talks industry, personal journey 2022-04-14|
- During a recent conversation with Windy City Times, LondonHouse Executive Chef Liz Sweeney revealed several aspects of herselfall coming together to show a complex and open individual. For example, she was quick to flash a smile ...