WINDY CITY TIMES
This article shared 858 times since Wed Sep 26, 2001
The 2001 Chicago Gay & Lesbian Film fest, Reeling 2001, is not happening. Instead, Chicago Filmmakers, host of the 20-year-old event, is screening various films this year, and plans to re-launch the fest as a summer project, possibly next June. ... Meanwhile, the acclaimed annual Chicago International Film Festival makes up for the lack of a gay fall fest by including tons of GLBT films during the October festival, see their website: www.chicagofilmfestival.com
Howard Brown Health Center hosts Cut From the Same Cloth, a roundtable discussion on Black gay life led by Keith Boykin, the highest ranking openly gay member of the Clinton White House and former director of the National Black Lesbian and Gay Leadership Forum. The Friday, Sept. 28 event is free but seating is limited; RSVP to ( 773 ) 388-1600; 5:30-8:30 p.m., 4025 N. Sheridan.
This article shared 858 times since Wed Sep 26, 2001
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Affinity renews Burning Bowl tradition 2023-03-23|
- On the afternoon of March 19, Affinity Community Services held Burning Bowl 2023 Renewal: And Still We Rise at the Pavilion at the Dan Ryan Woods. ...
|Kendrick Lamar, Billie Eilish, Diplo and more to headline Lollapalooza on Aug. 3-6 2023-03-21|
--From a press release - (Chicago—March 21, 2023) Lollapalooza has unveiled a powerhouse lineup for the 2023 edition, featuring first-time headliners Kendrick Lamar and Billie Eilish along with Red Hot Chili Peppers, ODESZA, Lana Del Rey, Karol G, who will make ...
|'Spring Fling' at The Baton on Thursday, April 13 to benefit Chicago LGBT Hall of Fame 2023-03-17|
--From a press release - The Baton Show Lounge (4713 North Broadway, Chicago) has been entertaining folks for 54 years and will host a special "Spring Fling", an all-new show to benefit the Chicago LGBT of Fame on Thursday, April 13 ...
|Johnson and Vallas to take part in LGBTQ+-focused candidate forum March 22 2023-03-17|
- Affinity Community Services (Affinity), Association of Latinos/as/xs Motivating Action (ALMA) Chicago, Brave Space Alliance, Chicago Black Gay Men's Caucus, Life is Work and Task Force Chicago are co-hosting a virtual ...
|Editorial: In praise of Drag Story Hour 2023-03-14|
- Drag Story Hours have really come to the fore in our political consciousness in the last few years, as the radical right has strategically targeted events raising the visibility of individuals who are gender-nonconforming, transgender or ...
|NYC Pride unveils 2023 theme: 'Strength in Solidarity' 2023-03-14|
--From a press release - NYC Pride announces the official theme for 2023, "Strength in Solidarity," as the kick-off to this year's events and programming. Amidst a backdrop of increased attacks against members of the LGBTQIA+ community, especially in the form ...
|Mayor Lightfoot, DCASE announce dates for summer festivals and events 2023-03-13|
--From a press release - CHICAGOToday, Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot and the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE) announced the 2023 dates for some of the City of Chicago's most beloved summertime traditions. Returning festivals and events include ...
|RuPaul's Drag Race WERQ THE WORLD in Chicago Aug. 4 2023-03-12|
--From a press release - RuPaul's Drag Race WERQ THE WORLD, the largest drag show on earth, returns in 2023 with a show in Chicago Aug. 4 and in 100+ cities across the United States, Canada, Australia, Asia, Europe and Mexico! ...
|SAVOR Peruvian spot Tanta; fundraiser for The Evolved Network 2023-03-09|
- One of the best things about Chicago cuisine is that you can travel the world without ever leaving the Windy City. The River North spot Tanta (118 W. Grand Ave.; https://www.tantachicago.com/) embodies one such example. Tanta ...
|Chicago's Fine Arts Building celebrates 125th anniversary with exhibits and tours 2023-03-07|
--From a press release - CHICAGO (March 7, 2023)—Chicago's historic Fine Arts Building (410 S. Michigan Avenue) celebrates its 125th anniversary this year with two new public exhibits, a self-guided walking tour of significant sites ...
|Steppenwolf Theatre Company's 2023 Gala May 13 at The Old Post Office 2023-03-06|
--From a press release - CHICAGO (March 6, 2023) — The Steppenwolf Ensemble and Board of Trustees are pleased to host Steppenwolf 2023 Galaan unforgettable evening celebrating 47 years of powerful and thought-provoking storytelling. Emceed ...
|Returning World of Chocolate event nets $250K 2023-02-22|
- On Feb. 17, AIDS Foundation of Chicago's (AFC) annual fundraiser, World of Chocolate returned after a three-year break due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This year, the event was held in the main entry way of Union ...
|Chicago Cubs release promotion plans: bobbleheads, cap collection, ballpark celebrations, ticket offers 2023-02-16|
--From a press release - CHICAGO — The Chicago Cubs today released the promotional calendar for the 2023 regular season featuring over 50 promotional items including a new Wrigley Field statue bobblehead series and exclusive ...
|LGBTQ leadership: A conversation with Adler University president Ray Crossman Feb. 28 2023-02-13|
--From an Adler University press release - Those seeking to learn more on why LGBTQ representation, visibility, and leadership matters in higher education are invited to a Feb. 28 discussion organized by Adler University and The Chicago Community Trust. The event, "LGBTQ and ...
|Asians and Friends returns to Lunar New Year celebration 2023-02-09|
- Asians and Friends Chicago (AFC) hosted its annual Lunar New Year dinner and celebration on Feb. 7. The event, which celebrated the Year of the Rabbit, took place at Chengdu Impressions restaurant, 5900 N. Broadway, and ...