WINDY CITY TIMES
||BOOKS Twelfth (and final) 'Boystown' cover revealed
This article shared 789 times since Sun Oct 17, 2021
Boystown author Jake Biondi has revealed the cover of the twelfth book of his serieswhile simultaneously sharing that the next installment will be the final one.
Boystown: Season Twelve: The Final Season will be released in early 2022, and Biondi has once again teamed with designer John Logan to create the final cover.
"When designing the final book cover, I was super-excited to blend the feel of the past books with something that really stood out to me. The final book is a culmination of 12 seasons, and I wanted the cover to stand strong on its own while paying homage to the originals," said Logan, in a press release.
"Season Twelve picks up right where book eleven left off and resolves that book's cliffhangers while moving the stories forward toward the finale," Biondi said.
The Boystown series is available in paperback, audiobook and all e-book formats. Readers may order autographed paperback copies of the books directly from BoystownTheSeries.com .
This article shared 789 times since Sun Oct 17, 2021
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Five Worth Finding: World AIDS Day, 'Benedetta,' books, wine in a can 2021-11-26|
- World AIDS Day event at Belmont Harbor: The Chicago Parks Foundation will hold a World AIDS Day event on Dec. 1, 9-10:30 a.m., at the Belmont Harbor Yacht Club. Antonio King, LGBTQ health and outreach liaison ...
|Designer and entrepreneur Kiki Bryant discusses future of 'Lollipop Lola' 2021-11-26|
- On Jan. 21, 2021, Kiki Bryant set a $2,000 fundraising goal on Kiva.org to launch a children's doll based on her original book character, Lollipop Lola. The goal was met that same day. "That was a ...
|Missouri district returning LGBTQ+ books to high school libraries 2021-11-23|
- In Missouri, the North Kansas City School district said it would return two books exploring LGBTQ+ themes to its high school libraries following public outcry, The Hill noted. The district announced its plans to reshelve All ...
|Downers Grove parents complain about LGBTQ books 2021-11-16|
- Continuing a battle that's been taking place in several other states, parents in the Chicago suburb of Downers Grove say they want publications they call "pornography" removed from the high schools' libraries, according to WGN-TV. At ...
|ATTRACTIONS 'The Dr. Seuss Experience' at Water Tower Place 2021-11-12|
- It's certainly a time and place to be immersed in nostalgia. The family-friendly attraction "The Dr. Seuss Experience" is running through Jan. 2, 2022, at Water Tower Place, 835 N. Michigan Ave. It's certainly hard to ...
|THEATER REVIEW Pump Boys and Dinettes 2021-11-12|
- Title: Pump Boys and Dinettes. Playwright: Book, music and lyrics by John Foley, Mark Hardwick, Debra Monk, Cass Morgan, John Schimmel and Jim Wann At: Porchlight Music Theatre at the Ruth Page Auditorium. Tickets: $45-$74; PorchlightMusicTheatre.org. ...
|Lambda Literary executive director stepping down 2021-11-12|
- Lambda Literary Executive Director Sue Landers announced that she is stepping down. In an open letter, Landers stated, "On December 1, I will step down as executive director. Maxwell Scales and Cleopatra Acquaye-Reynolds will join the ...
|Actor Kal Penn discusses coming out, acting journey, systemic racism during tour 2021-11-09|
- Following the publishing of actor Kal Penn's memoir You Can't Be Serious, he stopped in Chicago on Nov. 6 to discuss his Hollywood and White House careersand the news of his coming out. Co-founder of Vice ...
|Bisexual youth tell their identity stories in new book 2021-11-04|
- While Zoomer (Gen Z) and millennial young adults are increasingly rejecting traditional sexual labels, Ritch C. Savin-Williams explores the topic of bisexuality in his newest book BI: Bisexual, Pansexual, Fluid ...
|THEATER 'Christmas Dearest' Nov. 27-Dec. 31 2021-10-31|
- Hell in a Handbag Productions will continue its 20th-anniversary season with the return of one of its most popular holiday musicals: Christmas Dearest, featuring book and lyrics by Artistic Director David Cerda; music by Cerda and ...
|BOOK REVIEW Activist Peter Staley's Memoir 'Never Silent' is a real-life thriller 2021-10-13|
--From marksking.com - "Attention must be paid to such a man." — Arthur Miller Peter Staley's much-anticipated new memoir, Never Silent, opens with almost unbearable nail-biting suspense, sweeping us into the behind-the-scenes machinations of an ACT UP takeover of ...
|Achy Obejas' bilingual poetry book Boomerang/Bumeran explores immigration, liberation 2021-10-11|
By Max Lubbers - Achy Obejas is a Cuban-American writer, translator and activist. Boomerang/Bumerán, her newest book, confronts questions of immigration, love and liberation. Like a boomerang, these ideas return throughout the collection, even ...
|NATIONAL Victory Institute, LGBTQ books, youth items, NASA, LGBTQ Nation 2021-10-10|
- LGBTQ Victory Institute and nine additional candidate-training organizations announced a partnership with Snap Inc., the parent company of Snapchat, to provide a native-to-mobile tool to encourage young people to run for office, a press release noted. ...
|Book about musician Tori Amos' works coming out 2021-10-07|
- The book Tori Amos: every album, every songby rock journalist Lisa Toremwill be out in the United States on Friday, Oct. 29, courtesy of Sonic Bond Publishing. In 1992, Amosan acclaimed singer, pianist and composerachieved fame ...
|THEATER REVIEW Thirteen Days 2021-09-29|
- Thirteen Days. adapted by Brian Pastor from the book by Robert F. Kennedy At: City Lit Theatre at Edgewater Presbyterian Church, 1030 West Bryn Mawr Ave., Tickets: $27-$32. Runs through: Oct. 24 Palace Intrigue has been ...