||BLACKlines and En La Vida merging into one Identity
This article shared 4109 times since Thu Jan 1, 2004
BLACKlines and En La Vida, 8-year-old specialty gay publications produced by Windy City Media Group,
are now merging into a glossy monthly magazine. The new publication, named Identity, will focus on all aspects of Identity—race, gender, HIV status, spirituality, culture, age, politics, disabilities, & more.
This article shared 4109 times since Thu Jan 1, 2004
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|SAVOR Uvae 2021-12-27|
- The Andersonville spot Uvae (5553 N. Clark St., and which has the full name Uvae Wine Bar & Fromagerie), unsurprisingly, gets its name from the Latin word for "grapes." And guests might even expect many wine-related ...
|Virtual discussion about Amigas Latinas to take place Jan. 29 2021-12-24|
- A virtual discussion about the now-defunct but groundbreaking organization Amigas Latinas will take place Saturday, Jan. 29, at 2 p.m. Amigas Latinas founders Mona Noriega and Evette Cardona, and former Amigas Latinas board member Lourdes Torres ...
|CDC study shows Black and Latinx LGBTQ+ men remain most affected by HIV/AIDS 2021-12-22|
- A new study from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) showed Black and Latinx gay and bisexual men continue to be more affected by HIV/AIDS than white members of the LGBTQ+ community. Howard Brown ...
|Advocates: Black, Latinx trans women vulnerable to violence; holistic approach needed 2021-12-08|
Trans Omnibus Project - At least 48 trans or gender-nonconforming (TGNC) people have been murdered in the United States in 2021, making it the deadliest year on record for that demographic, according to the Human Rights Campaign. Most of the ...
|Chile's political houses approve marriage equality by landslide margin 2021-12-08|
- Chile approved marriage-equality legislation in a landslide vote on Dec. 7, NPR reported. Both houses of Chile's Congress authorized the measure with overwhelming majorities, making it the eighth Latin American country to allow same-sex marriage, as ...
|VIEWS Google and Chicago's segregated LGBTQ+ community 2021-11-19|
- I was a little baby queer when I moved to Chicago last year. I come from a traditional, cookie-cutter Connecticut town where Vineyard Vines and Sunday school were the standards. So, for a LatinX queer person—who ...
|AIDS Foundation Chicago awards grants to Black- and Latinx-led organizations 2021-11-12|
- AIDS Foundation Chicago (AFC) has awarded eight grantstotaling $72,000to BIPOC-led organizations working to address the HIV/AIDS crisis in Black and Latinx neighborhoods across Chicago. The grants came from AFC's Learning ...
|LGBTQ+ Latinx healthcare providers discuss impact of COVID-19 pandemic 2021-10-29|
- As part of its COVID-19 Grand Rounds series, AIDS Foundation Chicago hosted an Oct. 26 panel featuring LGBTQ+ Latinx healthcare providers sharing how the pandemic has impacted their personal and professional lives. Panelists included Howard Brown ...
|Co-founder of LGBTQ Latinx organization reflects after decades of activism 2021-10-12|
- When activist Julio Rodriguez was 5 years old, a teacher forced him to stand up in class and choose another name—maybe John, she suggested, since people couldn't pronounce "Julio." By the time he got home, he ...
|Madonna's latest concert film, Madame X, now out 2021-10-09|
- The concept film to Madonna's acclaimed Madame X Tour has debuted in the United States Latin America, Australia, the Nordics and Canada exclusively on Paramount+, the streaming service from ViacomCBS. Fans outside these markets can watch ...
|Latin Restaurant Weeks taking place in Chicago Oct. 4-18 2021-09-28|
- National Hispanic Heritage Month takes place Sept. 15-Oct. 15, recognizing the many contributions of Hispanic Americans. As an effort to acknowledge the successful influences and cultures of Hispanic Americans, Latin Restaurant Weeks, LLC, will host its ...
|Latinx Humanist Alliance, American Humanist Association hosting activism training 2021-09-27|
- The Latinx Humanist Alliance and the American Humanist Association, in partnership with the Midwest Academy, are hosting a virtual grassroots activism 101 training on Friday, Oct. 1, 4-5:30 p.m. CT; and Saturday, Oct. 2, 1-2:30 p.m. ...
|Report: 2.3M Latinx LGBT adults live in the U.S. 2021-09-23|
--From a press release - A new study by the Williams Institute at UCLA School of Law finds that an estimated 2.3 million adults in the U.S. identify as Hispanic or Latino/a and LGBT. Researchers found that Latinx LGBT people fare ...
|THEATER 'American Mariachi' at Goodman on Sept. 18-Oct. 24 2021-09-05|
- Goodman Theatre is running American Mariachia new comedy about the freedom to dream big, written by Jose Cruz Gonzalez, directed by Goodman Resident Artistic Associate Henry Godinez and presented as part of Chicago Latino Theater Alliance's ...
|Mental health of Black and Latinx LGBQ people worsened after the 2016 presidential election 2021-08-26|
--From a Williams Institute press release - A new study from the Williams Institute at the UCLA School of Law finds that the mental health of Black and Latinx LGBQ people declined in the 17 months following the 2016 presidential election of Donald ...