||BEING CONTINUED: You're Never Alone in the Dark
by AK Miller
This article shared 2594 times since Wed Jun 12, 2013
Jonathan was by the bedroom window looking across the room at Matthew, fast asleep in bed. The weather grew hotter as the night aged and the air was thick and sticky. It reminded Jonathan of the trip he and his boyfriend had taken to New Orleans some time ago. He had somehow forgotten it. The studio apartment they had rented for the week was small and poorly ventilated. They had not thought air conditioning would be necessary for that time of year, but like this early June evening, summer came crashing in after a heavy spring rain. Despite the dense heat then, the two were too overcome with love and excitement to stay apart and they remained in the tight grip of one another. They slept in a puddle of sweat and smiles and heavy sighs. When Jonathan couldn't sleep, he held on to his boyfriend and fanned his face softly with his hand. Now, with great difficulty, Jonathan opened the window slightly to allow entry should a breeze stir in that direction. He silently moved next to Matthew and leaned in close. He watched as Matthew stirred uncomfortably, his eyes twitching and muscles flinching. His face looked serious or perhaps even unhappy. Jonathan wanted to move the sweat-stuck hair on Matthew's forehead to the side, but he knew he shouldn't. He wanted to whisper to him that everything would be alright and that he will be forever loved, but no words came out. Instead, he fanned Matthew slightly with his hand until he seemed a bit more peaceful. Matthew reminded Jonathan of his boyfriend a great deal. Their lips were the same shape and the angles of their necks and shoulders were remarkably similar. But this was not him. This was not the man Jonathan was looking for. So Jonathan moved across the room and through the walls into the next apartment to see if he could find him. If he did not, he would continue to look from building to building, house to house throughout the city until he did or morning came. He had a message that he needed to whisper, but he could do it only once and not until he found him.
This article shared 2594 times since Wed Jun 12, 2013
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|'Barlesque' launches at Sidetrack 2022-09-03|
- On Sept. 1 at Northalsted/Boystown nightspot Sidetrack, Barlesque kicked off. Nightlife figure Khloe Daniels hosted, introducing this year's bars, performers and choreographers. Barlesque brings Chicago nightlife superstars, local bars and ...
|TPAN bringing back 'Barlesque' starting Sept. 1 2022-08-25|
- Barlesque is back. On Thursday, Sept. 1, at 7 p.m. at Northalsted/Boystown nightspot Sidetrack, 3349 N. Halsted St., Barlesque will kick off. Nightlife figure Khloe Daniels will host introduce this year's bars, performers and choreographers. Attendanc ...
|Touche holds fundraiser for Windy City Times 2022-07-12|
- Leather bar Touche, 6412 N. Clark St., held its regular Friday fundraiser on July 8—and the fortunate recipient this time was Windy City Times. Approximately $200 were raised during this benefit raffle. Touche has been a ...
|Pride Journey: Iceland 2022-03-21|
- The only way to describe Iceland is ... magical. It truly is. Iceland is like no other place I've visited in the world. It's topography, climate, people, culture, history, and nightlife blended together make Iceland a ...
|PASSAGES Jeffrey Wayne ("Jef") Morgan 2022-01-11|
- Jeffrey Wayne "Jef" Morgan, of Chicago's West Rogers Park neighborhood, passed away unexpectedly from a heart attack while shoveling snow on Jan. 2. He was 58. Jef was the well-loved manager at Little Jim's on ...
|'Andersonville Homecoming' Sept. 24-26; line-up, vendors, safety protocols announced 2021-09-15|
--From a press release - CHICAGO (Sept. 15, 2021) The Andersonville Chamber of Commerce (ACC) is pleased to announce the full entertainment line-up and vendors for Andersonville Homecoming--a three-night, two-day outdoor festival featuring ...
|Next OUTspoken show Sept. 7 2021-08-24|
- An OUTspoken Storytelling Night taking place Tuesday, Sept. 7, will offer tales told by six people who will relate their stories of fun and fortune from a LGBTQ+ perspective. The entertainment will start at 7 p.m. ...
|Taste of River North cancelled 2021-07-29|
- On July 29, the River North Residents Association, along with theMART and Duff Entertainment, announced the cancellation of the 2021 edition of Taste of River North. The event was slated to take place Aug. 20-21 at ...
|OUTspoken storytelling to host six takes from LGBTQ+ perspective 2021-07-26|
--From a press release - The month of August is hot - but OUTspoken at the Sidetrack will be even hotter on Aug. 3 when six storytellers will tell tales of fun and fortune from a LGBTQ+ perspective! The program will start at 7:00 pm at ...
|LGBTQIA+ tavern to open in Uptown this fall 2021-07-14|
- 2Bears Tavern Groupwhich owns and operates Andersonville's The SoFo Tap and Meeting House Tavern as well as Rogers Park's Jackhammeris opening 2Bears Tavern Uptown in the former Nick's on Wilson space at 1140 W. Wilson Ave. ...
|Pride Parade coordinator provides latest on the 'likely scenario' for event 2021-05-08|
- Tim Frye, the coordinator of the 2021 Pride Parade, told Windy City Times that the assessment of this year's event has not changed over the last few weeks. The official statement/assessment at this point is: "We ...
|OUTspoken Storytelling to host tales from LGBTQ perspectives Nov. 10 2020-11-01|
--From a press release - Another exciting OUTspoken Storytelling Night will offer the perspective of four Chicagoans telling life's stories from their LGBTQ+ viewpoint or that of their close friends and relatives, Tuesday, Nov. 10, starting at 7 p.m. on Zoom. ...
|Arts in the Dark Halloween Parade, this year a drive-through 2020-10-26|
--From a Chicago Park District press release - CHICAGO: LUMA8, in collaboration with the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE), the Chicago Park District and Presenting Sponsor, the Blommer Chocolate Company, is pleased to announce Arts in the Dark - an UPSIDE ...
|Nightlines 1990-2001, Nightspots 2001-2015 2020-09-30|
- Throughout the 1990s, Nightlines focused on the LGBTQ entertainment scene, from the bars to the stage and everything in between. With the new millennium came a significant format change as Nightspots focused in on the bar ...
|PASSAGES Former Northalsted bartender Eric Sangster dies at 37 2020-09-27|
- Northalsted bartender Eric Sangster died Sept. 17 unexpectedly at the age of 37. At the time of this article's publication, Sangster's cause of death is unknown. Sangster was born June 4, 1983, on a Jacksonville, North ...