WINDY CITY TIMES
||BEHIV event raises almost $100K
This article shared 2184 times since Wed Apr 7, 2010
Better Existence with HIV's ( BEHIV's ) Red Hot Cabaret, presented by Medco Health Solutions, raised almost $100,000 for the organization's programs.The event, held March 20 at the Union League Club and featuring entertainment by Amy Armstrong & Freddy Allen, was more successful than last year's event.
"We are deeply grateful for everyone's support of this year's Cabaret and their generosity," said Executive Director Eric Nelson.
BEHIV's next fundraising event is the 2010 Queen of the Night drag revue Sunday, June 13, at Circuit, 3641 N. Halsted, 5-7 p.m. See www.behiv.org for more information.
This article shared 2184 times since Wed Apr 7, 2010
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|World AIDS Day commemorated at AIDS Garden Chicago 2023-12-03|
- On the rainy morning of Dec. 1, Chicago Parks Foundation and the AIDS Garden Chicago Board of Directors hosted a World AIDS Day commemoration at AIDS Garden Chicago, just south of Belmont Harbor on the Lakefront. ...
|GLAAD marks World AIDS Day with launch of global resource hub, new HIV report 2023-12-01|
--From a press release - New York, New York — Friday, Dec. 1 — GLAAD marked World AIDS Day this year by sharing the results of its fourth annual State of HIV Stigma Report, a national survey among U.S. adults measuring ...
|Wrightwood 659 to present 'Daniel Goldstein: The Marks We Leave Behind' on World AIDS Day 2023-11-29|
- (CHICAGO, Nov. 29, 2023) Alphawood Exhibitions will present Daniel Goldstein: The Marks We Leave Behind, an exhibition of works from the San Francisco-based artist & HIV/AIDS activist's iconic "Icarian Series," ...
|WTTW doc chronicles the activism of Danny Sotomayor 2023-11-03|
- Practically everything the late Chicago AIDS activist Danny Sotomayor did was "a fight." So says fellow activist Victor Salvo in the new WTTW documentary The Outrage of Danny Sotomayor, which is part of the station's Chicago ...
|World AIDS Day event at AIDS Garden Chicago Dec. 1 2023-10-31|
- Since 1988, communities around the world have stood together on World AIDS Day to show continued strength and solidarity against HIV/AIDS. We gather for awareness and for understanding of HIV/AIDS, for compassion and love for those ...
|BOOKS Writer/HIV survivor Mark S. King talks about 'My Fabulous Disease' 2023-10-20|
- For decades, HIV survivor and GLAAD Award-winning writer Mark S. King has penned the blog "My Fabulous Disease"a warts-and-all look at his life covering everything from an encounter with an armed crystal-meth addict to a major ...
|32nd Chicago AIDS Walk/Run takes off at Soldier Field 2023-10-04|
- The 32nd annual AIDS Run & Walk Chicago took place Sept. 30 from Soldier Field, this year with the motto "Show Up, Show Out.” About 2,500 participants—with a united goal of reaching $500,000 for local organizations ...
|AIDS Run & Walk Chicago 2023 to draw thousands to Soldier Field on Sept. 30 2023-09-09|
- The AIDS Run & Walk Chicago returns to Chicago's Soldier Field on Saturday, Sept. 30 to help create equity and justice across Chicagoland and raise awareness and funds for individuals who are living with or vulnerable ...
|Chicago Dancers United raises more than $365K at Dance for Life 2023-08-29|
- Chicago Dancers United (CDU)which supports the health and wellness of Chicago's professional dance communitywelcomed 1,600 people to the 32nd annual Dance for Life on Aug. 19 at Auditorium Theatre, per ...
|New guidelines increase HIV antiretroviral options 2023-08-26|
- The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) is expanding its recommendation for HIV antiretrovirals because more options are available on the market, according to MedScape. The guidance, published Aug. 22 in JAMA, updates the group's prev ...
|'Show up, Show out!' 32nd Annual AIDS Run & Walk Chicago on Sept. 30 2023-08-07|
--From a press release - (Chicago, IL) Registration is now open for the 32nd annual AIDS Run & Walk Chicago (ARWC) presented by AIDS Foundation Chicago (AFC) on Saturday, September 30 at Soldier Field. "Show up, Show Out" is this year's ...
|Chicago House indulges in Champagne Wrapture 2023-08-06|
- Chicago House's annual fundraiser, Champagne Wrapture, returned to the Windy City the evening of Aug. 3. The event was held at 600 N. Fairbanks Court on the rooftop deck and featured a silent auction, free-flowing champagne, ...
|LGBTQ+ cycling club builds both community and awareness 2023-08-01|
By Charlie Kolodziej - For the second summer in a row, Cruise Chi, Chicago's new LGBTQ+ cycling club, has been fostering a sense of community while supporting queer- and trans-advocacy. The group, led by co-founders Alton Deon and Shai Garcia, ...
|Gilead prevails in HIV antitrust suit brought by consumers 2023-07-01|
- On June 30, pharmaceutical giant Gilead Sciences triumphed over consumers in a $3.6-billion class-action suit that claimed the company deliberately manipulated the market in order to profit off of its expensive HIV treatment drugs, Courthouse News ...
|PASSAGES Artist Stash Kybartas 2023-06-17|
- Stashu Kybartas, a video artist who also worked in installation and performance art, passed away May 17 at his home in Chicago. Robert Colucci, his husband of 48 years, was with him at the time of ...