WINDY CITY TIMES
Special to the online edition of Windy City Times
This article shared 744 times since Tue Oct 25, 2016
Update: Hyundai has joined Gaywheels' list of gay-friendly automakers. Technically speaking, Hyundai has offered protections to LGBT employees for several years. The company even earned a score of 75 on the HRC's 2015 Corporate Equality Index, and last year, it scored 95. However, it only added LGBT protections this year.
All gone: Ferrari's new $2.2-million supercar has already sold out, according to NBC News. Ferrari unveiled the convertible version of its LaFerrari at the Paris Motor Show on Sept. 29. It's got all the wonders of the LaFerrariincluding a hybrid 950 horsepower V-12 engine that's derived from the company's Formula One cars.
Moving on: Toyota has confirmed that up to 70 percent of its Torrance, California-based staff will make the move to Plano, Texas, according to Gaywheels. The good news for Toyota's LGBT employees is, some things have changed in Texas. Obergefell v. Hodges was decided in 2015, meaning that LGBT couples who move to Texas can enjoy marriage benefits at both the state and federal level. Also, Plano has passed LGBT anti-discrimination laws.
The name game: Tesla Motors' Autopilot technology has caused some headaches for the company, Wired.com reported. Consumer Reports called on Tesla to recall the feature, calling it "too much autonomy, too soon." A Florida man died in a crash while using Autopilot. And now, German transport minister Alexander Dobrindt asked Tesla to ditch the term "Autopilot," arguing it can lead consumers to think the car is far more capable than it is.
This article shared 744 times since Tue Oct 25, 2016
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|AUTOS 2020 Cadillac XT6 is the stylish transport for you and your posse 2020-08-18|
- Cadillac has long hosted fashion shows with acres of flat sheetmetal, glistening chrome, and cabins drenched with all the finest materials. This once meant block-long sedans, but people aren't buying ...
|Billy Masters 2020-06-10|
- "Alone we can achieve so little; together we can achieve so much."Tiffany Trump. Actually, the Trump spawn was quoting Helen Kellerbecause, when I think of one, I automatically think of the other. Tiff's tweet had the ...
|Driver-service facilities to expand hours June 1 2020-05-25|
- Illinois Secretary of State Jesse White announced his office's reopening plan starting June 1with the first two months focused on serving ONLY new drivers, customers with expired driver's licenses/ID cards ...
|AUTOS Elegant 2020 BMW 840i knows how to butter your rolls 2020-05-25|
- I've been craving a grilled chicken sandwich and rolls from the Beef House Restaurant near Covington, Indiana. With a BMW 840i in the driveway, an 80-mile drive for a yummy snack no longer seemed excessive. Given ...
|No Pride during the pandemic? Buffalo Grove steps in 2020-04-29|
by Randy Stern, Gaywheels.com - What if we told you that a new kind of pride celebration will be happening in a suburb of Chicago? And it's one that fits within the framework of what we are dealing with during this health crisis. Last year, the ...
|Billy Masters 2020-03-17|
- "You're full of shit. I support the Second Amendment. I'm not taking your gun away. I did not say that."Joe Biden responds to a worker at an automobile plant in Detroit who accused him of "actively ...
|AUTOS 2020 Jeep Wrangler, diesel go together like Grace and Frankie 2020-03-03|
- One of my guilty pleasures for the last few years has been Netflix's series Grace and Frankie starring Jane Fonda and Lilly Tomlin. Individually, the two are icons. Together, they are a match made in Heaven ...
|Chicago Auto Show Feb. 8-17 2020-02-01|
- The next Chicago Auto Show will take place Feb. 8-17 at McCormick Place, 2301 S. Lake Shore Dr. North America's largest auto show, the event spans more than 1 million square feet of floor space of ...
|AUTOS Vehicles of the decade 2020-01-07|
- The 2010s were a decade of progress for LGBT people. Our visibility and representation increased multi-fold with major strides made by our government, our lives, and our culture. Our community broke through many barriers that are ...
|Dealership giving away car in contest 2019-12-04|
- Chevrolet of Homewood is giving away a car for the fifth consecutive year. Each contest participant should submit a story (no more than 200 words) about himself/herself/themself or someone that person knows, explaining why winning this ...
|THEATER REVIEW Sundown, Yellow Moon 2019-10-16|
- Playwright: Rachel Bonds; songs by The Bengsons At: Raven Theatre, 6157 N. Clark St. Tickets: 773-338-2177; RavenTheatre.com; $43-$46. Runs through: Nov. 17 Some online research confirmed that this play was autobiographical, at least in general if ...
|Celebrate Pride, take a road trip! 2019-06-26|
- June is busting all over, thanks to LGBT Pride celebrations scheduled throughout the month. This particular June is of huge importance to our community. It marks the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall Riots that took place ...
|No 'shortest way' to the White House for Pete Buttigieg 2019-05-08|
- The last paragraph of Pete Buttigieg's autobiography, The Shortest Way Home, could almost serve as a summary of The Wizard of Oz: The protagonist rushed to "escape the hometown that had shaped me," then "slowly and ...
|Monica Helms discusses trans flag creation, new book, activism 2019-04-24|
- In 2005, transgender U.S. Navy veteran Monica F. Helms started writing her autobiography, but eventually she set it aside, deciding that "my life was still continuing." "Last year, something in my head told me I needed ...
|Bird-Martinez vies for 31st Ward City Council spot 2019-02-13|
- Openly gay automotive software designer Colin Bird-Martinez is currently running to represent the 31st Ward in the Feb. 26 citywide elections. Bird-Martinez has done a great deal of activism work locally, and he now maintains that ...