WINDY CITY TIMES
||Auto news: Parking-spot shaming; Speed racer; Texas sticker harrasses
Special to the online edition of Windy City Times
This article shared 5080 times since Tue Jul 28, 2015
Parking-spot shaming: Los Angeles-based makeup artist Andria Farrell started the @parkingspotshaming social-media account on the visual app Instagram, allowing people to voice their frustrations on just how horrible someone's parking job really was, according to NBC Los Angeles. Vehicles that take up multiple spots, for example, have been cited on the app.
Speed racer: Tesla just debuted a "Ludicrous" mode for the Model S sedan that promises to go from 0 to 60 miles per hour in 2.8 seconds, according to Mashable. Tesla CEO Elon Musk announced an improved 0-60 mph acceleration time for the upgraded P90D, the top of the range dual motor Model S P85D. The former P85D took 3.2 seconds. It will be a $13,000 option on top of the base price of the Model S P85D.
An added message: In Texas, Anita Carrillo's visit to a Goodyear Auto Service Center for an oil change didn't go as expected, 13WMAZ.com reported. The sticker placed in the top left of her windshield to remind her of her next oil change had an extra message: "UR GAY." Although Carrillo was unsure why the mechanic posted it, she took her complaint to Facebook and posted a picture of the altered sticker; it went viral in Southeast Texas and it got the attention of Goodyear. The mechanic's manager apologized, reimbursed Carrillo and gave her a new sticker with no creative messages.
Compiled by Andrew Davis, Windy City Times
This article shared 5080 times since Tue Jul 28, 2015
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|AUTOS 2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz answers the right questions 2022-05-11|
- You may think the 2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz answers questions nobody asked, but if that's true, somebody should have asked. A car-based pickup is not a new idea. Chevrolet and Ford offered the El Camino and ...
|Cook County state's attorney expunges 15,000+ cannabis convictions 2022-04-20|
-- From a press release - CHICAGO - On Friday, April 22, the Cook County State's Attorney's Office (CCSAO) will present 214 additional cannabis cases to be automatically expunged, bringing the total to 15,191. The Cannabis Expungement Project nears an end following ...
|Chicago Auto Show returns to McCormick Place 2022-02-11|
- The Chicago Auto Show is back. Following a very scaled-down version that took place last year, the event has returnedalthough it's not quite as large as the event was before the COVID pandemic. The Chicago Auto ...
|Chicago Auto Show to take place Feb. 12-21 2022-01-10|
- The Chicago Auto Show is slated to return to its traditional February dates: Feb. 12-21 at McCormick Place. The show is open 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. each day, except for the final day (Presidents Day), ...
|Now, only five of Chicago's 50 aldermen reject automatic pay raises 2021-09-16|
- Forty-five out of 50 Chicago aldermen have opted to accept a 5.5% pay increase in 2022 that will push the highest paid among them to an annual salary of more than $130,000, according to The Chicago Tribune. ...
|AUTOS 2021 BMW 430i: Hard Top or Soft? 2021-08-06|
- This year's BMW 430i xDrive really is the classic sportscar. You can get it as a coupe or as a convertible, the only two trims available. Basically, it's just two doors and you can have it with a year-round hard top ...
|Chicago Auto Show taking place July 15-19 2021-07-14|
- An abridged version of the annual Chicago Auto Show will take place July 15-19 at McCormick Place, 2301 S. King Dr. The auto show will be one of McCormick Place's first live, in-person events since the ...
|Pritzker announces $10M vaccination lottery
- As Illinois continues to lead the Midwest in vaccinating our residents, Gov. JB Pritzker announced a new $10 million "All In for the Win" promotion that will reward vaccinated Illinoisans by automatically entering them into a ...
|Chicago Auto Show to return to McCormick Place in July 2021-05-04|
- On May 4, Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker and Chicago Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot joined elected officials, tourism backers and labor leaders to announce the return of the annual Chicago Auto Show. The eventthe nation's largest and ...
|THEATER 'A Portrait of My Mother' to start streaming May 9
- Jarrott Productions will present the world premiere of A Portrait of My Mother, written and performed by Carlo Lorenzo Garcia and directed by David R. Jarrott. The autobiographical tribute to Garcia's mother, Maria, begins streaming on ...
|AUTOS 2020 Cadillac XT6 is the stylish transport for you and your posse 2020-08-18|
- Cadillac has long hosted fashion shows with acres of flat sheetmetal, glistening chrome, and cabins drenched with all the finest materials. This once meant block-long sedans, but people aren't buying ...
|Billy Masters 2020-06-10|
- "Alone we can achieve so little; together we can achieve so much."Tiffany Trump. Actually, the Trump spawn was quoting Helen Kellerbecause, when I think of one, I automatically think of the other. Tiff's tweet had the ...
|Driver-service facilities to expand hours June 1 2020-05-25|
- Illinois Secretary of State Jesse White announced his office's reopening plan starting June 1with the first two months focused on serving ONLY new drivers, customers with expired driver's licenses/ID cards ...
|AUTOS Elegant 2020 BMW 840i knows how to butter your rolls 2020-05-25|
- I've been craving a grilled chicken sandwich and rolls from the Beef House Restaurant near Covington, Indiana. With a BMW 840i in the driveway, an 80-mile drive for a yummy snack no longer seemed excessive. Given ...
|No Pride during the pandemic? Buffalo Grove steps in 2020-04-29|
by Randy Stern, Gaywheels.com - What if we told you that a new kind of pride celebration will be happening in a suburb of Chicago? And it's one that fits within the framework of what we are dealing with during this health crisis. Last year, the ...