WINDY CITY TIMES
||Auto news: Parking-spot shaming; Speed racer; Texas sticker harrasses
Special to the online edition of Windy City Times
This article shared 4438 times since Tue Jul 28, 2015
Parking-spot shaming: Los Angeles-based makeup artist Andria Farrell started the @parkingspotshaming social-media account on the visual app Instagram, allowing people to voice their frustrations on just how horrible someone's parking job really was, according to NBC Los Angeles. Vehicles that take up multiple spots, for example, have been cited on the app.
Speed racer: Tesla just debuted a "Ludicrous" mode for the Model S sedan that promises to go from 0 to 60 miles per hour in 2.8 seconds, according to Mashable. Tesla CEO Elon Musk announced an improved 0-60 mph acceleration time for the upgraded P90D, the top of the range dual motor Model S P85D. The former P85D took 3.2 seconds. It will be a $13,000 option on top of the base price of the Model S P85D.
An added message: In Texas, Anita Carrillo's visit to a Goodyear Auto Service Center for an oil change didn't go as expected, 13WMAZ.com reported. The sticker placed in the top left of her windshield to remind her of her next oil change had an extra message: "UR GAY." Although Carrillo was unsure why the mechanic posted it, she took her complaint to Facebook and posted a picture of the altered sticker; it went viral in Southeast Texas and it got the attention of Goodyear. The mechanic's manager apologized, reimbursed Carrillo and gave her a new sticker with no creative messages.
Compiled by Andrew Davis, Windy City Times
This article shared 4438 times since Tue Jul 28, 2015
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|AUTOS 2020 Cadillac XT6 is the stylish transport for you and your posse 2020-08-18|
- Cadillac has long hosted fashion shows with acres of flat sheetmetal, glistening chrome, and cabins drenched with all the finest materials. This once meant block-long sedans, but people aren't buying ...
|Billy Masters 2020-06-10|
- "Alone we can achieve so little; together we can achieve so much."Tiffany Trump. Actually, the Trump spawn was quoting Helen Kellerbecause, when I think of one, I automatically think of the other. Tiff's tweet had the ...
|Driver-service facilities to expand hours June 1 2020-05-25|
- Illinois Secretary of State Jesse White announced his office's reopening plan starting June 1with the first two months focused on serving ONLY new drivers, customers with expired driver's licenses/ID cards ...
|AUTOS Elegant 2020 BMW 840i knows how to butter your rolls 2020-05-25|
- I've been craving a grilled chicken sandwich and rolls from the Beef House Restaurant near Covington, Indiana. With a BMW 840i in the driveway, an 80-mile drive for a yummy snack no longer seemed excessive. Given ...
|No Pride during the pandemic? Buffalo Grove steps in 2020-04-29|
by Randy Stern, Gaywheels.com - What if we told you that a new kind of pride celebration will be happening in a suburb of Chicago? And it's one that fits within the framework of what we are dealing with during this health crisis. Last year, the ...
|Billy Masters 2020-03-17|
- "You're full of shit. I support the Second Amendment. I'm not taking your gun away. I did not say that."Joe Biden responds to a worker at an automobile plant in Detroit who accused him of "actively ...
|AUTOS 2020 Jeep Wrangler, diesel go together like Grace and Frankie 2020-03-03|
- One of my guilty pleasures for the last few years has been Netflix's series Grace and Frankie starring Jane Fonda and Lilly Tomlin. Individually, the two are icons. Together, they are a match made in Heaven ...
|Chicago Auto Show Feb. 8-17 2020-02-01|
- The next Chicago Auto Show will take place Feb. 8-17 at McCormick Place, 2301 S. Lake Shore Dr. North America's largest auto show, the event spans more than 1 million square feet of floor space of ...
|AUTOS Vehicles of the decade 2020-01-07|
- The 2010s were a decade of progress for LGBT people. Our visibility and representation increased multi-fold with major strides made by our government, our lives, and our culture. Our community broke through many barriers that are ...
|Dealership giving away car in contest 2019-12-04|
- Chevrolet of Homewood is giving away a car for the fifth consecutive year. Each contest participant should submit a story (no more than 200 words) about himself/herself/themself or someone that person knows, explaining why winning this ...
|THEATER REVIEW Sundown, Yellow Moon 2019-10-16|
- Playwright: Rachel Bonds; songs by The Bengsons At: Raven Theatre, 6157 N. Clark St. Tickets: 773-338-2177; RavenTheatre.com; $43-$46. Runs through: Nov. 17 Some online research confirmed that this play was autobiographical, at least in general if ...
|Celebrate Pride, take a road trip! 2019-06-26|
- June is busting all over, thanks to LGBT Pride celebrations scheduled throughout the month. This particular June is of huge importance to our community. It marks the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall Riots that took place ...
|No 'shortest way' to the White House for Pete Buttigieg 2019-05-08|
- The last paragraph of Pete Buttigieg's autobiography, The Shortest Way Home, could almost serve as a summary of The Wizard of Oz: The protagonist rushed to "escape the hometown that had shaped me," then "slowly and ...
|Monica Helms discusses trans flag creation, new book, activism 2019-04-24|
- In 2005, transgender U.S. Navy veteran Monica F. Helms started writing her autobiography, but eventually she set it aside, deciding that "my life was still continuing." "Last year, something in my head told me I needed ...
|Bird-Martinez vies for 31st Ward City Council spot 2019-02-13|
- Openly gay automotive software designer Colin Bird-Martinez is currently running to represent the 31st Ward in the Feb. 26 citywide elections. Bird-Martinez has done a great deal of activism work locally, and he now maintains that ...