WINDY CITY TIMES
||Auto news: HB2, Danica Patrick
Special to the online edition of Windy City Times
This article shared 2550 times since Tue May 24, 2016
Honda and HB2: Honda has just issued a third statement about North Carolina's controversial anti-LGBT law HB2, Gaywheels.com noted. The statement makes it clearer than ever that Honda opposes HB2 and wants to see the law repealed. However, toward the end, Gaywheels says the automaker also justifies its continued investment in a state that so many other companies have rejected because of the statute.
Danica voted in: Danica Patrick was voted into the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race for the third time in four years on May 21 after she failed to race her way into the field through the Sprint Showdown, USA Today reported. Patrick finished 11th while three drivers transferred into the All-Star Race, but she was able to get one of two fan-voted positions and was able to race later that evening.
Stepping down: Amidst a controversial fuel-economy testing scandal in Japan, Tetsuro Aikawathe head of Japan's largest trading company, Mitsubishi Motors Corp.will reportedly step down from his post, Inquirer.net reported. Citing a report from The Wall Street Journal, the chief would resign to take responsibility for overstating mileage in some of the company's cars, while also taking blame for improperly testing its vehicles.
Pay hike: Volkswagen is also enduring a scandal ( over emissions ), but that's not stopping its workers from getting a healthy raise and bonus, CNN Money noted. The company said that 120,000 of its workers in Germany will get a 5-percent raise over the next year and a half. Volkswagen admitted late last year that it fitted as many as 11 million diesel vehicles worldwide with software that could cheat nitrogen oxide emissions tests.
This article shared 2550 times since Tue May 24, 2016
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|AUTOS 2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz answers the right questions 2022-05-11|
- You may think the 2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz answers questions nobody asked, but if that's true, somebody should have asked. A car-based pickup is not a new idea. Chevrolet and Ford offered the El Camino and ...
|Cook County state's attorney expunges 15,000+ cannabis convictions 2022-04-20|
-- From a press release - CHICAGO - On Friday, April 22, the Cook County State's Attorney's Office (CCSAO) will present 214 additional cannabis cases to be automatically expunged, bringing the total to 15,191. The Cannabis Expungement Project nears an end following ...
|Chicago Auto Show returns to McCormick Place 2022-02-11|
- The Chicago Auto Show is back. Following a very scaled-down version that took place last year, the event has returnedalthough it's not quite as large as the event was before the COVID pandemic. The Chicago Auto ...
|Chicago Auto Show to take place Feb. 12-21 2022-01-10|
- The Chicago Auto Show is slated to return to its traditional February dates: Feb. 12-21 at McCormick Place. The show is open 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. each day, except for the final day (Presidents Day), ...
|Now, only five of Chicago's 50 aldermen reject automatic pay raises 2021-09-16|
- Forty-five out of 50 Chicago aldermen have opted to accept a 5.5% pay increase in 2022 that will push the highest paid among them to an annual salary of more than $130,000, according to The Chicago Tribune. ...
|AUTOS 2021 BMW 430i: Hard Top or Soft? 2021-08-06|
- This year's BMW 430i xDrive really is the classic sportscar. You can get it as a coupe or as a convertible, the only two trims available. Basically, it's just two doors and you can have it with a year-round hard top ...
|Chicago Auto Show taking place July 15-19 2021-07-14|
- An abridged version of the annual Chicago Auto Show will take place July 15-19 at McCormick Place, 2301 S. King Dr. The auto show will be one of McCormick Place's first live, in-person events since the ...
|Pritzker announces $10M vaccination lottery
- As Illinois continues to lead the Midwest in vaccinating our residents, Gov. JB Pritzker announced a new $10 million "All In for the Win" promotion that will reward vaccinated Illinoisans by automatically entering them into a ...
|Chicago Auto Show to return to McCormick Place in July 2021-05-04|
- On May 4, Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker and Chicago Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot joined elected officials, tourism backers and labor leaders to announce the return of the annual Chicago Auto Show. The eventthe nation's largest and ...
|THEATER 'A Portrait of My Mother' to start streaming May 9
- Jarrott Productions will present the world premiere of A Portrait of My Mother, written and performed by Carlo Lorenzo Garcia and directed by David R. Jarrott. The autobiographical tribute to Garcia's mother, Maria, begins streaming on ...
|AUTOS 2020 Cadillac XT6 is the stylish transport for you and your posse 2020-08-18|
- Cadillac has long hosted fashion shows with acres of flat sheetmetal, glistening chrome, and cabins drenched with all the finest materials. This once meant block-long sedans, but people aren't buying ...
|Billy Masters 2020-06-10|
- "Alone we can achieve so little; together we can achieve so much."Tiffany Trump. Actually, the Trump spawn was quoting Helen Kellerbecause, when I think of one, I automatically think of the other. Tiff's tweet had the ...
|Driver-service facilities to expand hours June 1 2020-05-25|
- Illinois Secretary of State Jesse White announced his office's reopening plan starting June 1with the first two months focused on serving ONLY new drivers, customers with expired driver's licenses/ID cards ...
|AUTOS Elegant 2020 BMW 840i knows how to butter your rolls 2020-05-25|
- I've been craving a grilled chicken sandwich and rolls from the Beef House Restaurant near Covington, Indiana. With a BMW 840i in the driveway, an 80-mile drive for a yummy snack no longer seemed excessive. Given ...
|No Pride during the pandemic? Buffalo Grove steps in 2020-04-29|
by Randy Stern, Gaywheels.com - What if we told you that a new kind of pride celebration will be happening in a suburb of Chicago? And it's one that fits within the framework of what we are dealing with during this health crisis. Last year, the ...