WINDY CITY TIMES
||Architect to discuss local projects Oct. 2 in Loop
This article shared 876 times since Wed Sep 26, 2018
Mark Sextonco-founder of the firm that designed the Millennium Park's Crown Fountain ( 2004 ) in collaboration with artist Jaume Plensawill tell the story behind the fountain and other projects in the 40-year history of Chicago-based Krueck + Sexton Architects on Tuesday, Oct. 2, at the the University Club, 76 E. Monroe St. ( The venue has changed. )
The evening will start with a 5 p.m. cocktail reception followed by Sexton's presentation at 6 p.m.
Another important Chicago project by Krueck + Sexton is the Spertus Institute of Jewish Studies ( 2007 ). Also, the firm recently completed restoration work on two Mies van der Rohe masterworks: the 860-880 Lake Shore Drive apartments and Crown Hall at the Illinois Institute of Technology.
Admission is $25, and $20 for Frank Lloyd Wright Trust members; University of Chicago alumni, faculty and staff; and AIA Chicago members. Student admission is $5. For more information, visit FLWright.org/thinkingintothefuture .
This article shared 876 times since Wed Sep 26, 2018
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Wrightwood 659 xhibits explore architecture, aocial engagement, Japanese "Modern Girls" 2022-03-31|
-- From a press release - (CHICAGO, IL — March 31, 2022) Wrightwood 659 presents a trio of exhibitions opening May 6, 2022: AMERICAN FRAMING, a reinstallation of the U.S. entry in the 17th Venice Architecture Biennale; Rirkrit Tiravanija: (who's afraid of ...
|ART Wrightwood 659 exhibits extended into 2022 2021-12-06|
- Two exhibitions currently on view at Wrightwood 659a private, non-collecting institution at 659 W. Wrightwood Ave. devoted to socially engaged art and to architecturewill be extended through Feb. 26, 2022. "Romanticism to Ruin: Two Lost Works ...
|Month-long Open House Chicago 2021 to feature in-person site visits Oct. 16-17 2021-09-25|
--From a press release - (September 20, 2021) CHICAGO — Chicago Architecture Center (CAC) announced that Open House Chicago 2021 will again offer its popular in-person, indoor site visits, providing rare behind-the-scenes access to more ...
|ARCHITECTURE Thompson Center Idea Competition winners named 2021-09-14|
- The Chicago Architecture Center and the Chicago Architectural Club announced the jury's selection of three winning designs for the Thompson Center Design Ideas Competition that represent three distinct, creative visions for the State of Illinois Thomp ...
|'Two Lost Works of Sullivan and Wright' opens Sept. 24 2021-08-08|
- Wrightwood 659, at 659 W. Wrightwood Ave., is presenting "Romanticism to Ruin: Two Lost Works of Sullivan and Wright" a dual exhibition exploring two of these architects' long-demolished masterpieces. Said masterpieces ...
|ATTRACTIONS Chicago's First Lady offers a premium architectural tour 2021-08-05|
- Recently, USA Today selected the Chicago Architecture Foundation's Chicago's First Lady cruise as the best boat tour in the countryand it's easy to see why. (By the way, it also was voted the top boat tour ...
|Helmut Jahn architecture exhibit has opened 2021-07-24|
- The Chicago Architecture Center (CAC), 111 E. Wacker Dr., has opened its first, major limited-run exhibit, "Helmut Jahn: Life + Architecture," the career retrospective of Helmut Jahn's innovative architectural designs. ...
|ATTRACTIONS Chicago Architecture Center reopens with new exhibits 2021-06-08|
- On May 22, the Chicago Architecture Center (CAC), 111 E. Wacker Dr., opened all-new and updated exhibits in its 10,000 square feet of galleries full of scale models of new building designs from Chicago and around ...
|Chicago Cultural Center historic interiors to be restored for June reopening 2021-04-22|
--From a press release - CHICAGO, IL Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot and the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE) today announced the historic restoration of the landmark Chicago Cultural Center to reclaim two lost interiors decorated by the ...
|Chicago Architecture Center announces
Spring 2021 reopening schedule 2021-03-12|
--From a press release - CHICAGO The Chicago Architecture Center (CAC) announces plans for a safe Spring 2021 reopening of its popular CAC walking tours, CAFC River Cruise and CAC exhibits. Review COVID-19 safety policies for CAC experiences here. CAC ...
|Preservation Chicago unveils list of most endangered Chicago buildings 2021-02-26|
- Preservation Chicago which works with city officials, neighborhood residents, owners and stakeholders to prevent what is often viewed as the wholesale loss of Chicago's important buildings has revealed its 2021 list of ...
|John Pennycuff Memorial Apartments in Castillo Plaza, LGBTQ housing in Logan Square 2020-12-18|
- Last month, The John Pennycuff Memorial Apartments at Castillo Plaza (Pennycuff) opened at the corner of Milwaukee and Campbell Avenues in Logan Square after four years of development and city approval meetings and for the past ...
|Open House Chicago extended to Nov. 1
- The Chicago Architecture Center (CAC) is extending its 10th annual Open House Chicago festival (OHC) through Sunday, Nov. 1. Attendees have seven more days to follow 25 trails for self-guided ...
|Chicago Architecture Center offers self-guided, virtual neighborhood exploration 2020-10-06|
--From a press release - CHICAGO The Chicago Architecture Center (CAC), under the leadership of President and CEO Lynn J. Osmond, is pleased to offer more than 50 online programs and trails for self-guided, outdoor exploration, highlighting more than 100 ...
|ARCHITECTURE Controversy brews over Esposito dismissal 2020-08-30|
- Members of Chicago's architecture community registered their displeasure after the city chapter of the American Institute of Architects announced that longtime Executive Vice President Zurich Esposito would no longer be in the ...