WINDY CITY TIMES
||Andersonville Restaurant Week taking place Feb. 18-27
This article shared 1027 times since Wed Feb 9, 2022
The Andersonville Chamber of Commerce (ACC) will host its sixth annual Restaurant Week, a salute to Andersonville's dining scene, on Feb. 18-27.
The event returns for dine-in service this year with more than 15 restaurants and bars offering a variety of brunch, lunch and dinner prix-fixe menus, drinks specials and desserts ranging from $10 to $30.
Restaurant Week is not a ticketed event and reservations, where accepted, are welcome and encouraged. Vegetarian, vegan and carryout options are available.
For a current list of participating restaurants, visit the andersonville.org/events/events-schedule/ . Some of the restaurants involved include Uvae Kitchen & Wine Bar, Bettie Lou's Kitchen, Bar Roma, Gadabout, Big Jones, Boca Loca Cantina, First Slice Pie Cafe, Land & Lake Andersonville, and Little Madrid Tapas Cafe.
This article shared 1027 times since Wed Feb 9, 2022
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|SAVOR Coco Pazzo: Lunch at a longtime Italian favorite 2022-05-13|
- The River North spot Coco Pazzo, 300 W. Hubbard St., is one of those spots I've always wanted to visit. I had heard some people rave about the restaurant but, for some reason, I never got around to visiting this Tuscan ...
|Queer college salutatorian plans to help community through food 2022-05-10|
- Back in March, Jose Cueva got an unexpected phone call from the president of Kennedy-King College: Cueva's perfect 4.0 GPA meant he would be graduating as salutatorian. "I was in shock; I wasn't expecting that," Cueva ...
|SAVOR Cafe Sophie: Chef Grant talks about his European getaway in the Gold Coast 2022-05-06|
- Chef Danny Grant wants to take Chicagoans (and visitors) to Europe—via his latest spot, Cafe Sophie, which opened April 14. Named after Grant's aunt, Cafe Sophie (a 2,500-square-foot space at 847 N. State St., in the ...
|Two Whole Foods stores to close; Lightfoot, Hunter respond 2022-04-30|
- Whole Foods is closing two Chicago storesincluding one it opened on the South Side six years ago amid promises to end the food desert in that area, Block Club Chicago reported. The Englewood spot and a ...
|Chicago part of Taco Bell Drag Brunch tour 2022-04-29|
- Starting next month, Taco Bell is launching the Taco Bell Drag Bruncha five-stop restaurant tour that aims to celebrate drag culture and the LGBTQ+ community, Food and Wine noted. Taking place at five Taco Bell Cantina ...
|The Andersonville Wine Walk returns for its 16th year on May 15 2022-04-23|
-- From a press release - CHICAGO (April 21, 2022) — The Andersonville Chamber of Commerce (ACC), in partnership with In Fine Spirits, is pleased to welcome back its annual Andersonville Wine Walk, an afternoon of ...
|Andersonville Farmers Market returns May 11 - Oct. 19 2022-04-15|
-- From a press release - CHICAGO (April 14, 2022) — The Andersonville Farmers Market (AFM) is pleased to return for its 13th season featuring 30 vendors on Wednesdays from 3 — 7 pm from May 11 — October 19, 2022 on ...
|First COVID breath test authorized 2022-04-15|
- The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) authorized the first COVID-19 test that uses breath samples, according to NBC News. The InspectIR COVID-19 Breathalyzer test has to be done by a trained operator, but the FDA said ...
|Out LondonHouse Executive Chef Liz Sweeney talks industry, personal journey 2022-04-14|
- During a recent conversation with Windy City Times, LondonHouse Executive Chef Liz Sweeney revealed several aspects of herselfall coming together to show a complex and open individual. For example, she was quick to flash a smile ...
|LGBT POCs 3X more likely than white non-LGBTs to have faced food insufficiency during pandemic 2022-04-14|
-- From a press release - During the pandemic, an estimated 13% of LGBT adults in the U.S. reported not having enough to eat in the past week, compared to 8% of non-LGBT adults, according to a new report by the Williams ...
|SAVOR Michelin-starred restaurants; 'Study of Spring' 2022-04-06|
- Four Chicago restaurants were named first-time recipients of Michelin stars, according to The Chicago Tribune. Those spots are the French-inflected Claudia (with items like squid-ink madeleines), artsy restaurant Esme, the ...
|SAVOR The Lunchroom at SPACE 519: A chic cafe in Streeterville 2022-04-05|
- It turns out that some of the city's best dining spots are inside storesseriously. There are long-established places like The Walnut Room at Macy's, but there are many others, such as Eataly and Restoration Hardware's Eat: ...
|SAVOR The Kitchen American Bistro: Brunch by the river 2022-03-25|
- Brunch in Chicago has almost become an institution unto itself. Now that things are slowly returning to "normal," people are emerging from their homesand some are just starting to realize the potentially overwhelming number of brunch ...
|SAVOR Adorn: One of the best restaurants you'll hit this year 2022-03-22|
- In 2021, visiting Adorn Bar & Restaurant (in the Four Seasons, at 120 E. Delaware Pl.) were among the high points in what was a year of turbulence, to say the least. A recent visit, however, ...
|Nobody's Darling named James Beard Award finalist 2022-03-16|
- A month after being named a Chicago-area semifinalist for the 2022 James Beard Foundation Awards, the Black- and queer-owned spot Nobody's Darling has been named a finalist for Outstanding Bar Program. Nobody's Darling will compete against ...