WINDY CITY TIMES
||Andersonville Restaurant Week taking place Feb. 18-27
This article shared 1558 times since Wed Feb 9, 2022
The Andersonville Chamber of Commerce (ACC) will host its sixth annual Restaurant Week, a salute to Andersonville's dining scene, on Feb. 18-27.
The event returns for dine-in service this year with more than 15 restaurants and bars offering a variety of brunch, lunch and dinner prix-fixe menus, drinks specials and desserts ranging from $10 to $30.
Restaurant Week is not a ticketed event and reservations, where accepted, are welcome and encouraged. Vegetarian, vegan and carryout options are available.
For a current list of participating restaurants, visit the andersonville.org/events/events-schedule/ . Some of the restaurants involved include Uvae Kitchen & Wine Bar, Bettie Lou's Kitchen, Bar Roma, Gadabout, Big Jones, Boca Loca Cantina, First Slice Pie Cafe, Land & Lake Andersonville, and Little Madrid Tapas Cafe.
This article shared 1558 times since Wed Feb 9, 2022
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Let's Talk presents "Let's Talk & Celebrate" foodie bash March 2 2023-02-03|
--From a press release - (CHICAGO) — Kick off Women's History Month with a "Let's Talk & Celebrate" Gold Glamour Gourmet bash by 35+ Chicagoland Let's Talk Womxn LetsTalkWomxn.com restaurateurs on Thursday, March 2, at Moe's Cantina in River North fr ...
|SAVOR Le Petit Chef: A singular, (literally) animated experience 2023-01-29|
- There are experiences and then there are EXPERIENCES. If you're familiar with those recent Immersive Van Gogh and Kahlo events, imagine that transferred to a table setting and you have an idea of what's involved with ...
|FDA to relax rules of blood donations for gay, bisexual men 2023-01-27|
- The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is reportedly slated to lift restrictions on blood donations from sexually active gay and bisexual men. However, there's at least one stipulation, The Advocate reported: A gay or bisexual ...
|SAVOR Bacon Lover's Brunch at Frontier; Chicago Restaurant Week 2023-01-22|
- "Bacon's the best. Even the frying of bacon sounds like applause."Jim Gaffigan Judging from that quote, revered comic Jim Gaffigan would certainly have had a lot of fun at the Bacon Lover's Brunch at Frontier (1072 ...
|SAVOR Uproar; Feb. 2 benefit dinner 2023-01-19|
- According to the Oxford English Dictionary, an uproar can be "a loud and impassioned noise or disturbance" or "a public expression of protest and outrage." Scott Horwitch—the owner of Old Town spot Uproar (1252 N. Wells ...
|SAVOR The Hen of Lincoln Park 2022-11-20|
- There are several reasons that The Hen of Lincoln Park (2423 N. Clark St.; https://thehenoflp.com/) is a popular brunch spot. Nested in the heart ofsurprise!Lincoln Park, this casual spot is in a location that draws a ...
|SAVOR Celebrity Chef Ball; 'Chefsgiving'; Ralph's Coffee 2022-11-18|
- More than 50 top Chicago chefs—including many Michelin, James Beard, and Bib Gourmand awardees—worked together to create a truly unique experience for supporters of Meals on Wheels Chicago (MoWC). Because of their hard work and the ...
|SAVOR Tabu 2022-11-06|
- The West Loop has no shortage of tantalizing brunches to try each weekend. Add Tabu's (401 N. Morgan St.; https://tabuchicago.com/) to the mix. This pan-Latin spot ...
|SAVOR Matcha Cita 2022-10-31|
- Just steps from the Morgan stop on the Pink and Green lines is a heavenly place. And if you don't believe this writer about Matcha Cita (1017 W. Lake St., with an additional spot at Studio ...
|Five Worth Finding: COVID book, 'Wicked' cocktails, 'A Taste of Hope' and more 2022-10-24|
- —COVID-19, the LGBTQIA+ Community and Public Policy: As studies emerge to help us understand the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on every facet of modern life, it is critical that the effect of the pandemic on ...
|BOOKS Lesbian co-author discusses 'No More Police: A Case for Abolition' 2022-10-18|
- "We don't need all the answers to start down the road toward where we want to go: a world where everyone has safety, food, clean water, shelter, education, health, art, beauty, and rest."—No More Police: A ...
|SAVOR Plant-based spot Planta Queen 2022-10-07|
- I will admit it: I was skeptical about dining at the River North spot Planta Queen (413 N. Clark St.; https://www.plantarestaurants.com/location/planta-chicago/). Although I do love my meat, I have occasionally ...
|SAVOR Hundreds attend Chicago Gourmet 2022-09-30|
- Hundreds of people attended this year's Chicago Gourmet, one of the nation's most distinguished culinary festivals. Founding partner Illinois Restaurant Association, along with presenting sponsor Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits ...
|SAVOR Latin Restaurant Weeks running Sept. 16-30 2022-09-14|
- Latin Restaurant Weeks (LRW) will take place Sept. 16-30 in various cities, including Chicago. Illinois has the nation's fifth-largest Hispanic population; Chicago has more than 29% of people who identify as Hispanic. LRW partners with Hispani ...
|SAVOR Fogo de Chao; chef fundraisers 2022-09-12|
- Brazilian steakhouses utilize that all-too-familiar U.S. restaurant theme: Eat until you can't consume any more. Fogo de Chaoroughly meaning "ground fire," a reference to the gaucho method of roasting meats over an open fireis one of ...