WINDY CITY TIMES
||Andersonville Farmers Market extended through November
This article shared 2038 times since Thu Oct 22, 2020
The Andersonville Farmers Market (AFM) will remain open four additional weeksat a new day and time.
The extension will take place Nov. 1, 8, 15 and 22, 1:30-3:30 p.m. at the shared street space on Catalpa Ave. (between Clark Street and Ashland Avenue).
The market extension will be pre-orders only, with no onsite sales. Ordering will continue through the WhatsGood app or online ( at SourceWhatsGood.com ), allowing shoppers to purchase from all vendors with just one order and select a designated pick-up window.
Everything sold at the market is grown or produced within a 200-mile radius, offering the community access to fresh, local food. November vendors include Bennison's Bakery, Downstate Donuts LLC (11/1 and 11/15), First Slice Pie Cafe, Green Fire Farm (11/15 and 11/21), Hardin's Family Farm, Karl's Craft Soup, Letizia's Natural Bakery (Sorano, inc) (11/8 and 11/22), Pecking Order, Phoenix Bean, River Valley Ranch, Sausage Konig, Sfera (11/1 and 11/15), Stamper Cheese and Twidley Bits (11/8 and 11/22).
The market is continuing its Link matching program, matching up to $25/week for Link cardholders. Shoppers using SNAP benefits can also pre order through WhatsGood but must register first; visit Andersonvillearket.org for more information.
This article shared 2038 times since Thu Oct 22, 2020
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|SAVOR Lure Fishbar 2021-10-20|
- Recently, I had a biscuit sandwich in the Gold Coast. The item was very good—but I'm not sure it was worth the $11 price tag. This was the same feeling my dining companion and I had after dining at Lure Fishbar, ...
|SAVOR Brunch at Cobblestone 2021-10-15|
- Recently, there have been a few restaurants I've visited multiple timesif for no other reason than to see if there is consistency in the quality (especially, if good) or some sort of improvement (if the food ...
|Kit Kat Lounge hosting Kamayan feast Oct. 24 2021-10-15|
- Kit Kat Lounge & Supper Club, 3700 N. Halsted St., in honor of Filipino American History Month, will host a special "diva-infused" Kamayan feast featuring Chef Jordan Andino on Sunday, Oct. 24. Andino is the creative ...
|SAVOR Adorn Bar & Restaurant, take two 2021-10-09|
- The last time I stopped by Adorn Bar & Restaurantin the Four Seasons Hotel, 120 E. Delaware St. (which was also the first time I went there)I encountered one of the most innovative brunch menus ever, ...
|Latin Restaurant Weeks taking place in Chicago Oct. 4-18 2021-09-28|
- National Hispanic Heritage Month takes place Sept. 15-Oct. 15, recognizing the many contributions of Hispanic Americans. As an effort to acknowledge the successful influences and cultures of Hispanic Americans, Latin Restaurant Weeks, LLC, will host its ...
|SAVOR Brunch at Wood 2021-09-28|
- "Morning Wood" has returned. This provocative name was given to the brunch service at Boystown/Northalsted restaurant Wood, 3335 N. Halsted St., and it drew lots of people before the COVID pandemic changed the world. However, like ...
|SAVOR Funkenhausen 2021-09-25|
- When it comes to fusion, West Town spot Funkenhausen, 1709 W. Chicago Ave., might be one of the more unusual restaurants. The cuisine here is a mixture of German ...
|NGLCC, Grubhub team to help LGBTQA-owned restaurants 2021-09-25|
- The country's vulnerable LGBTQ+-owned restaurants and bars serving food will find help this fall, courtesy of a partnership formed by the National LGBT Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC) and Grubhub. These small business owners have been among ...
|SAVOR Logan Square restaurant Lardon 2021-09-16|
- As you might guess from its name, Lardon (2200 N. California Ave..; https://www.lardonchicago.com/) takes meat very seriously. Named after a small piece of pork fat or fatty bacon, the Logan Square spot is a carnivore's paradise, ...
|SAVOR Sunny Bowls 2021-09-11|
- Looking for a comforting, healthful option for lunch? Then look no further than Sunny Bowls: Souper Food (theMart, #201.; https://sunnybowls.com/), which specializes in various soups? Part of the food court at theMART (which some also call ...
|SAVOR The Press Room 2021-08-29|
- At The Press Room (1134 W. Washington Blvd..; https://www.pressroomchicago.com/), a lot of patrons may encounter the unexpected. The West Loop restaurantwhich is only open Wednesday through Sunday eveningshas undergone quite ...
|Andersonville Chamber of Commerce to present Andersonville Homecoming 2021-08-26|
--From a press release - CHICAGO (August 26, 2021) — The Andersonville Chamber of Commerce (ACC) is pleased to announce Andersonville Homecoming, a three-night, two-day outdoor festival featuring live entertainment, local artisans and merchants, food ...
|COVID FDA grants full approval to Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine 2021-08-23|
- On Aug. 23, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA granted full approval to the Pfizer/BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine for people age 16 and older, media outlets reported. This is the first coronavirus vaccine approved by the ...
|SAVOR South Branch Tavern & Grille 2021-08-19|
- Before taking a bite of anything at South Branch Tavern & Grille (100 S. Wacker Dr.; https://www.southbranchchicago.com/), patrons are likely to be impressed. The reason lies in the picturesque views surrounding the spot. Ensconced near some ...
|SAVOR Britches and brunch at The Dearborn 2021-08-15|
- I've had the pleasure of dining at The Dearborn (145 N. Dearborn St.; https://www.thedearborntavern.com/) several timesbut it's always been a weekday outing. Recently, I met a friend for Sunday brunch. The results were both expected ...
|Legacy Walk plaques added for Pauli Murray, Matthew Shepard|
|Chicago Sky win their first WNBA championship|
|SHOWBIZ Superman, TheWrap, Oscar Wilde, Billy Porter, Cher, 'Dragula'|
|BOOKS Twelfth (and final) 'Boystown' cover revealed|
|NATIONAL Foster-parent case, stars speak out, Texas youth, 'Queer Eye,' HIV|