WINDY CITY TIMES
||Amigas Latinas unveiling April 13 at Center on Halsted
This article shared 2263 times since Wed Apr 3, 2013
The unveiling of the new Amigas Latinas will take place Saturday, April 13, at the Hoover-Leppen Theater at Center on Halsted, 3656 N. Halsted St.
The event will feature the "Latina Diva of Comedy," Sandra Valls, in addition to comic Claudia Martinez, spoken-word performer Ashley Black and others.
There will be a cocktail reception 6-7 p.m., with the show starting promptly at 7 p.m.
Tickets are $20 online and $25 at the door; purchase them at www.amigaslatinassandravalls.bpt.me. For more info, email email@example.com .
This article shared 2263 times since Wed Apr 3, 2013
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Lambda Literary to expand LGBTQ Writers in Schools Program in New York City schools 2021-09-27|
--From a press release - New York, NY — Today, Lambda Literary announced that New York City has quadrupled its investment in the organization's LGBTQ Writers in Schools program, increasing funding from $100,000 to $400,000 to reach 10,000 students and provide ...
|A new street festival comes home to Andersonville 2021-09-27|
- The Andersonville Chamber of Commerce presented the new event Andersonville Homecoming on Sept. 24-26. As guests entered the area blocked off Clark Street between Catalpa and Summerdale avenues, a $10 donation fee was suggested to benefit ...
|Latinx Humanist Alliance, American Humanist Association hosting activism training 2021-09-27|
- The Latinx Humanist Alliance and the American Humanist Association, in partnership with the Midwest Academy, are hosting a virtual grassroots activism 101 training on Friday, Oct. 1, 4-5:30 p.m. CT; and Saturday, Oct. 2, 1-2:30 p.m. ...
|Crystal Lake's Raue Center for the Arts opens new school 2021-09-27|
- On its 20th anniversary, the Crystal Lake, Illinois-based nonprofit organization Raue Center for the Arts has launched a new school. Raue Center School for the Arts (RCSA) will provide youth and adult classes in a wide ...
|GLAAD releases 'Local Media Accountability Index - U.S. South' 2021-09-23|
--From a press release - GLAADhe world's largest LGBTQ media-advocacy organizationhas released its "Local Media Accountability Index - U.S. South," a measurement and evaluation of LGBTQ and HIV coverage in local news outlets across nine ...
|Report: 2.3M Latinx LGBT adults live in the U.S. 2021-09-23|
--From a press release - A new study by the Williams Institute at UCLA School of Law finds that an estimated 2.3 million adults in the U.S. identify as Hispanic or Latino/a and LGBT. Researchers found that Latinx LGBT people fare ...
|America250 to host LGBTQ+ Community Conversation Webinar Sept. 23 2021-09-22|
--From a press release - Washington, D.C. —America250, the nationwide commemoration of America's 250th anniversary in 2026 led by the U.S. Semiquincentennial Commission, will host its next Community Conversation on Thursday, Sept. 23, at 4 pm ET. Members of the LGBTQ+ ...
|Black Leadership Advocacy Coalition for Healthcare Funding Equity (BLACHFE) launches 2021-09-22|
--From a press release - CHICAGO IL — September 20, 2021 — Eleven African-American-led organizations have united to form the Black Leadership Advocacy Coalition for Healthcare Funding Equity (BLACHFE). The purpose of BLACHFE is to ...
|Mayor Lightfoot to present awards at Chicago LGBT Hall of Fame induction ceremony 2021-09-21|
- The Chicago LGBT Hall of Fame, celebrating its 30th year, announced today that it will hold a scaled-back version of its annual induction ceremony for 2021 inductees on Wednesday Oct. 6, at 5:30-8 p.m. The event ...
|OPALGA+ Scholarship Gala taking place Oct. 23 2021-09-21|
- The 2021 OPALGA+ (Oak Park Area Lesbian & Gay Association+) Scholarship Gala will take place Saturday, Oct. 23, at Nineteenth Century Club, 178 Forest Ave., Oak Park. Cocktails will begin at 6 p.m., with the program/dinner ...
|Naper Pride hosts inaugural Pride fest 2021-09-16|
- Naper Pride held its inaugural pride fest event, "Coming Together, One Community—One Naperville," on Sept. 11-12 in Naperville. Incidentally, "Coming Together, One Community—One Naperville" was also Naper Pride's organizational philosoph ...
|OneWheaton to mark 10th Homecoming Weekend on Oct. 8-9 2021-09-15|
- OneWheaton—a group of LGBTQA alumni and students of Wheaton College—will mark its 10th annual Homecoming Weekend with virtual activities on Oct. 8-9. On Oct. 8, at 6 p.m., there will be an LGBTQIA Storytelling Hour. Attendees ...
|Howard Brown hosting Midwest LGBTQ Health Symposium on Sept. 29-30 2021-09-15|
- Howard Brown Health will host its 2021 Midwest LGBTQ Health Symposium in a virtual format Sept. 29-30. The conference, presented by the Howard Brown Health Center for Education, Research and ...
|'Homophile' organization New Gay Liberation Front launches 2021-09-13|
- The New Gay Liberation Frontwhich described itself in a press release as a "homophile organization"has launched. "Homophile" is a term that was used by some gay and lesbian groups in the 1950s. According to the University ...
|NATIONAL Teachers, GLAAD talks HRC, 9/11 items, Dr. Rachel Levine 2021-09-12|
- In North Carolina, a former teacher won a lawsuit against Charlotte Catholic High School and the Roman Catholic Diocese of Charlotte after he lost his job following an announcement on Facebook that he planned to marry ...