WINDY CITY TIMES
||All Out condemns St. Petersburg, Russia pride arrests
This article shared 2469 times since Sat Jun 29, 2013
Sixty people were reportedly arrested in St. Petersburg for marching in Pride, reports All Out.
"All Out is appalled St. Petersburg, Russia Pride attendees were arrested today," Joe Mirabella, Director of Communications for All Out said. "No one should be arrested for celebrating who they are or who they love."
"More than 185,000 people worldwide have signed a solidarity pledge with Russians who are calling on their government to stop the crackdown against lesbian, gay, bi and trans people that is fuelling anti-gay violence," Mirabella said. "The world urges President Putin to show love and compassion for his fellow citizens who simply want to be who they are without sacrificing their family or freedom, safety or dignity."
"As allies in other cities around the world celebrate Pride this weekend and in the coming months, it is important to remember that we should not rest until all of us are free to be who we are. There is nothing more universal than the love we share with our family. Someday, if we all work together, the freedom to love your family will also be universal," Mirabella said.
To see the live signature totals from All Out's petition visit:
Gay Star News: All participants in St Petersburg gay pride arrested for marching
This article shared 2469 times since Sat Jun 29, 2013
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|EEOC has new sexual orientation, gender identity resources for workplace 2021-06-16|
--From a press release - WASHINGTON — The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) is observing LGBTQ+ Pride Month, and the anniversary of the U.S. Supreme Court ruling in Bostock v. Clayton County, by announcing the release of new resources to ...
|LGBTQ pioneers, trailblazers, and heroes to be honored at Stonewall Inn on June 24 2021-06-16|
--From a press release - (New York, NY, June 15, 2021)... On June 24, 2021, The International Imperial Courts of the U.S.A., Canada and Mexico and the National LGBTQ Task Force will again come together to honor LGBTQ pioneers, trailblazers, and ...
|Second Drag March for Change takes place in Northalsted/Boystown 2021-06-14|
- The second Drag March for Change took place June 13 in Lake View along the route of Halsted street by way of Belmont and Grace avenues. The event—which aimed to continue the momentum sparked by the ...
|Aurora Pride reflects a rainbow of support 2021-06-14|
- Aurora, Illinois celebrated a second year of Pride festivities on June 13. In 2018 and 2019, Aurora Pride took place—held in the second most populated city in the state of Illinois—before it was put on hold ...
|Billy Masters 2021-06-14|
- "Now, therefore, I, Joseph R. Biden Jr., President of the United States of America … do hereby proclaim June 2021 as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer Pride Month. I call upon the people of the ...
|LETTER: Pride, a time for hope 2021-06-12|
- Pride is so much more than a parade, a march or even a demonstration for the LGBTQAI community. In other words, this is an opportunity for us to celebrate our diversity among our various communities, and ...
|FIVE WORTH FINDING: Rainbow Soap, Billy Porter, Honey West and more 2021-06-12|
- — Soap Distillery's Rainbow Soap (SoapDistillery.com): To help celebrate Pride Month, many businesses are offering rainbow versions of their products—and Chicago's Soap Distillery is no exception. A portion of proceeds ...
|TELEVISION 'Love, Victor' activation coming to Chicago 2021-06-12|
- Marking the second season premiere of its show Love, Victor as well as Pride month, Hulu is "honoring and amplifying the many different shades of love and self-expression that the LGBTQ+ community embodies," according to a ...
|Queer Berwyn Collective holds march, rally 2021-06-11|
- On June 8, the Queer Berwyn Collective held a march and rally. According to a pre-event press release, the group discussed "why Ald. [Scott] Lennon's exclusionary flags that call June 'Gay' Pride Month are problematic," adding ...
|Good News cannabis brand unveils interactive Pride mural 2021-06-10|
- A "Spread Good News This Pride" community mural was unveiled at 3524 N. Clark St. in Lakeview June 10. The Cresco Labs Good News cannabis brand sponsored the mural, which queer Chicago artist Zeye One created. ...
|Pritzker Military Museum hosting June 23 Pride panel 2021-06-09|
- Chicago's Pritzker Military Museum & Library is presenting a panel discussion, "Exploring the Intersection of the U.S. Military and the LGBTQ Community," on Wed., June 23, at noon CT in celebration of Pride Month. The virtual ...
|Chicago Pride Fest planned for October 2021-06-08|
--From a press release - CHICAGO — The 20th annual Chicago Pride Fest® returns on Friday and Saturday, Oct. 1-2. The popular LGBTQ+ street festival, organized by Northalsted Business Alliance, is a two-day community celebration of Pride, concluding the day before ...
|Chaka Khan, Tiesto, drag queens to be at 'Pride in the Park' June 26-27 2021-06-08|
- The acts have been revealed who will perform at Pride in the Park on June 26-27 in Grant Park. It will be 2-10 p.m. on June 26, and 3-10 p.m. the following day. Performers in the line-ups include Chaka Khan, Tiesto, ...
|Lightfoot marks Pride Month at Legacy Project event 2021-06-08|
- Mayor Lori Lightfoot was among the speakers at a June 7 Legacy Project event marking Chicago's 2021 Pride Month observance. Other speakers at the event, which was moved indoors to Center on Halsted due to inclement ...
|MUSIC Adam Lambert, Billy Porter, Demi Lovato
part of 4th Annual Stonewall Day 2021-06-07|
- On June 6, Pride Live held the 4th annual Stonewall Day eventa global campaign to elevate awareness and support for the Stonewall legacy and the continuing fight for full LGBTQ+ equality. This year, Pride Live teamed ...