WINDY CITY TIMES
||ART 'Quantum Mirror' on Michigan Avenue through April 20
This article shared 790 times since Sun Mar 28, 2021
Get ready for an innovative, immersive experience.
"Quantum Mirror," by artist Adrian Stein, is a 300-square-foot space in Artspace 8, on the third floor of 900 N. Michigan Ave. It will run through at least April 20.
The installation is lined with geometrically mirrored walls that superimpose the viewers reflection alongside holographic human figures and Stein's animations, accompanied by soundscape and frequencies. Initially, one's senses may be overwhelmed.
The artwork proposes that the mind, body and soul exists in infinite states, examining how we simultaneously exist both virtually via social media and physicallyand how that affects self-perception. It is aiming to essentially be a meditative experience for a personal awakening.
Stein told Windy City Times that he hopes visitors find the installation "awe-inspiring," adding that the idea for the exhibit came from how overwhelming technology can be.
Interestingly, or ironically, "Quantum Mirror" is considered the world's first NFT-activated sculptureand is for sale.
(Note: Patrons are advised to doff their shoes to walk through the installation. Booties are available.)
This article shared 790 times since Sun Mar 28, 2021
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|ART 'Immersive Van Gogh' to now continue through Nov. 28
- Due to popular demand, the U.S. premiere of the art experience "Immersive Van Gogh" exhibit will extend its run to Nov. 28 after having sold out the current block of tickets. It was originally extended through ...
|SHOWBIZ Trans singer, 'Pose,' Kate Winslet, Lil Nas X, Broadway 2021-04-11|
- Trans femme indie-punk artist Evan Greer (she/her) released a dystopian new music video for the song "Surveillance Capitalism," a press release noted. She is using it to launch StopSpotifySurveillance.org with Fight for the Future, where she ...
|Movie about art sensation born into slavery to premiere April 16
- Bill Traylor: Chasing Ghostsa film about a man who was born into slavery, and whose works became sensations in the art worldwill premiere Friday, April 16, in local virtual cinemas of Music Box Theatre and Facets. ...
|Mercury Theater to reopen; new artistic director named
- Mercury Theater Chicago, 3745 N. Southport Ave., has announced its reopeningalong with new leadership. New Artistic Director Christopher Chase Carter returns to the theater where he collaborated on the hit productions of Little Shop of Horrors ...
|THEATER 'Security,' with Eric Roberts, running April 10-May 2
- Kane Repertory Theatre Artistic Director Daniil Krimer and Managing Director Avery Bowne announced the world-premiere online production of Hammaad Chaudry's Security, as part of the company's new Multiplatform Commission. Security ...
|Chicago's LGBTQ+ Armenian community aims to 'Cher the Love for Artsakh' 2021-04-02|
- Entanika queer Armenian-American organization based in Chicago and operating online and whose name means "family" in Armenianis holding its first event, "Cher the Love for Artsakh." The event is a virtual drag show featuring 12 Armenian ...
|First U.S. exhibition of Greek 20th-century artist Yannis Tsarouchis: Dancing in Real Life May 7 2021-04-02|
--From a press release - (CHICAGO, IL — April 2, 2021) — Wrightwood 659 is pleased to host the first U.S. exhibition devoted to the work of Yannis Tsarouchis (1910—1989), widely regarded as one of the greatest Greek painters of the ...
|Chella Man talks media endeavors, the fashion world, upcoming book, AAPI visibility 2021-03-31|
- The multi-talented 22-year-old, Deaf, genderqueer, transgender, Jewish, AAPI, artist and activist Chella Man has done more in his short life than most people achieve in their lifetimes. This includes a successful YouTube channel; TedX talk, modeling ...
|Victory Gardens names artists for Black Monologues, part of Black Beauty Fest 2021-03-25|
--From a Victory Gardens Theater press release - Chicago, IL— Victory Gardens Theater, in partnership with The Black Women's Expo and Black Owned Chicago, presents the 5th Edition of the Black Beauty Festival (BBF), April 10-11, 2021. Offered virtually for the first time, Black ...
|CHM to explore work of photographer Vivian Maier
- The Chicago History Museum 1601 N. Clark St., is featuring a collection of many never-before-seen works by world-renowned photographer Vivian Maier in an upcoming exhibition, "Vivian Maier: In Color," opening to the public May 8. "The ...
|Five Worth Finding: 'Astrographics,' 'Mapplethorpe' and more
- 'Astrographics' at theMart (starting April 1): Art on theMART (at what used to be known as Merchandise Mart) will resume projections Thursday, April 1, with the world premiere of Astrographicsa ...
|WORLD Landmark ruling, Montreal's Gay Village, acid attack, anti-LGBTQ laws 2021-03-21|
- In a landmark ruling, a Japanese court ruled that the government's ban on same-sex marriage is unconstitutional, NPR noted. Article 24 of Japan's constitution defines marriage as based on the "mutual consent of both sexes," which ...
|Steppenwolf to present reading of queer Muslim play on March 28
- Steppenwolf Theatre Company's new play-development initiative, SCOUT, will present A Virtual Reading of Mosque4Mosque, by Omer Abbas Salem, on Sunday, March 28, at 2 p.m. The free reading follows a 30-hour workshop process directed by Arti ...
|National Museum of Mexican Art to show unity-themed short
- The National Museum of Mexican Art (NMMA) is inviting the public to a virtual screening of the unity-themed, award-winning animated short "Color of Tomorrow" as part of its Storytellers 4 Unity Film Forum. The virtual screening ...
|Laverne Cox to speak at Indiana University virtual event on April 9
- Emmy-nominated actress and Indiana University (IU) alumna Laverne Cox will speak during a live virtual event at 8 p.m. on April 9 as part of "The Style of the State," a multidisciplinary IU symposium on art, ...