||AIDS Grants Wanted
This article shared 4608 times since Thu Jan 1, 2004
The AIDS Foundation of Chicago invites non-profit organizations in the Chicago metropolitan area to submit funding proposals for HIV-related programs and services.
Agencies interested in applying should download the Request for Proposals available on AFC's website, www.aidschicago.org, or contact Cheryl Beck at e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy. Proposals are due no later than March 5, 2004.
The mission of AFC's grantmaking program is to support programs designed to reduce the spread of HIV/AIDS and/or to care for those living with and affected by the epidemic. Within this broad mission, AFC funds organizations that conduct HIV education, prevention, and/or risk-reduction programs; provide direct care services for people affected by HIV; and advocate on behalf of people affected by HIV. Funding priority is given to community-based organizations and those organizations serving populations disproportionately affected by HIV, especially communities of color.
Since 1988, AFC has provided nearly $13 million to agencies. Nearly half has supported organizations serving and governed by people of color.
This article shared 4608 times since Thu Jan 1, 2004
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Gilead: Patients received fake HIV drugs 2022-01-20|
- Gilead Sciences Inc said an unauthorized network of drug distributors and suppliers sold pharmacies more than $250 million of counterfeit versions of its HIV treatments over the last two years, endangering patients, Reuters reported. The drugmaker ...
|AIDS Foundation Chicago cancels World of Chocolate due to COVID-19 surge 2022-01-19|
-- From a press release - CHICAGO — AIDS Foundation Chicago (AFC) has made the difficult decision to cancel its World of Chocolate event, the organization's largest winter fundraiser, due to the recent Omicron surge across ...
|NATIONAL California report, AIDS foundation CEO, QueerArt, intersex bill 2022-01-09|
- California law enforcement officials conduct body searches on Black and transgender people more often than on white and cisgender people, according to a new report from California's Racial and Identity Profiling Advisory (RIPA) Board, LGBTQ Na ...
|FDA approves injectable PrEP 2021-12-24|
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved Apretude (cabotegravir extended-release injectable suspension) for use in at-risk adults and adolescents weighing at least 77 pounds for pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) to ...
|World of Chocolate fundraiser returns Feb. 11, benefits AIDS Foundation Chicago 2021-12-20|
--From a press release - After a two-year hiatus, AIDS Foundation Chicago (AFC) is proud to announce the return of its famed World of Chocolate fundraiser taking place on Friday, Feb/ 11 at Union Station, 500 W. Jackson Blvd. Inspired by ...
|HIV AT 40: Longtime advocate Gregg Gonsalves talks activist roots, Larry Kramer and COVID 2021-12-08|
- When it comes to dealing with HIV/AIDS, few people have been on the front linesin the areas of activism, research and instructionlike Gregg Gonsalves. Gonsalves, a MacArthur fellow, is an expert in policy modeling on infectious ...
|AIDS Garden Chicago supporters, CDPH official commemorate World AIDS Day with event 2021-12-01|
- AIDS Garden Chicago supporters and the Chicago Department of Public Health (CDPH) commemorated the 34th annual World AIDS Day on Dec. 1 at the Belmont Yacht Club with a sneak preview of the garden. The 2.5-acre ...
|Five Worth Finding: World AIDS Day, 'Benedetta,' books, wine in a can 2021-11-26|
- World AIDS Day event at Belmont Harbor: The Chicago Parks Foundation will hold a World AIDS Day event on Dec. 1, 9-10:30 a.m., at the Belmont Harbor Yacht Club. Antonio King, LGBTQ health and outreach liaison ...
|World AIDS Day events on tap 2021-11-26|
- World AIDS Day takes place every year on Dec. 1. During this yearwhich marks the 40th anniversary since HIV was officially discoveredhere are some of the events taking place (locally, regionally and nationally) on, before and ...
|AFC commemorates passing of the HIV decriminalization law with World AIDS Day event Dec. 1 2021-11-24|
--From a press release - The World AIDS Day Community Celebration of the Historic Passage of HB1063, which ended criminal penalties against people living with HIV, will be hosted by AIDS Foundation Chicago (AFC). It will also commemorate World AIDS Day ...
|AIDS Foundation Chicago awards grants to Black- and Latinx-led organizations 2021-11-12|
- AIDS Foundation Chicago (AFC) has awarded eight grantstotaling $72,000to BIPOC-led organizations working to address the HIV/AIDS crisis in Black and Latinx neighborhoods across Chicago. The grants came from AFC's Learning ...
|National AIDS Memorial to hold World AIDS Day national events Nov. 30 and Dec. 1 2021-11-10|
--From a press release - SAN FRANCISCO (Nov. 9, 2021) — On December 1, the National AIDS Memorial brings three powerful programs to the public for World AIDS Day that offer inspiration, hope, remembrance, and reflection. The programming, free to the ...
|Secretary Becerra visits Humboldt Park, AIDS Foundation Chicago 2021-11-09|
- On Nov. 8, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Xavier Becerra traveled to sites in Chicago to highlight Biden-Harris administration's plans to build back better through investments in maternal health, the Affordable Ca ...
|LGBTQ+ Latinx healthcare providers discuss impact of COVID-19 pandemic 2021-10-29|
- As part of its COVID-19 Grand Rounds series, AIDS Foundation Chicago hosted an Oct. 26 panel featuring LGBTQ+ Latinx healthcare providers sharing how the pandemic has impacted their personal and professional lives. Panelists included Howard Brown ...
|WORLD Indian commission, queer royals, MTV, Putin, attack in Jamaica 2021-10-24|
- India's National Medical Commission has ordered publishers and medical schools to edit their textbooks and curricula to exclude discriminatory and unscientific portrayals of LGBTI people, according to Human Rights Watch. ...