WINDY CITY TIMES
||AIDS Cycles Planned
This article shared 2785 times since Wed Jan 29, 2003
AIDS Network is holding several orientations for ACT I-AIDS Network Cycles Together in early February in and around Chicago. ACT I is a fundraising bicycle ride that will be held from Aug. 4-9, starting and finishing in Madison and raising funds for AIDS Network, the AIDS Service Organization for Southern Wisconsin. See www.actride.org .
Sunday, Feb. 2—Whole Foods Market in Evanston (1640 Chicago Avenue) at 2 p.m.
Sunday, Feb. 2—Whole Foods Market in Deerfield (760 Waukegan Rd.) at 7 p.m.
Monday, Feb. 3—Whole Foods Market in Palatine (1331 N. Rand Rd.) at 7 p.m.
Tuesday, Feb. 4—Whole Foods Market in Wheaton (151 Rice Lake Square) at 5:30 p.m. and 7 p.m.
Wednesday, Feb. 5—Whole Foods Market in Chicago (3300 N. Ashland) at 7 p.m.
This article shared 2785 times since Wed Jan 29, 2003
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|NATIONAL Google Doodle, drag laureate, Nebraska bill, NYC AIDS Walk 2023-05-26|
- D.C. poet/activist/journalist Ivy Young passed away at age 75, per a press release. Among other things, Young worked at Chicago's VISTA; the Center for Black Education and Drum and Spear Book Store in D.C.; the ...
|TaskForce Chicago's ED talks organization, AIDS stigma and queerness 2023-05-25|
- Among the many organizations helping Chicago youths is TaskForce Prevention & Community Services. The West Side-based organization helps hundreds of youths by being committed to addressing the HIV/STI-related needs of ...
|HB 1286 would allow gender-inclusive multi-occupancy restrooms, Chicago groups respond 2023-05-19|
--From a press release - Statement from AIDS Foundation Chicago, Equality Illinois, and Pride Action Tank regarding HB 1286 to allow gender-inclusive multi-occupancy restrooms: We applaud the Illinois Senate for passing HB 1286 and urge the Illinois House to act expeditiously ...
|Belting for Life returns for an 8th edition 2023-05-18|
- On May 15, Jeff Award-winning director and activist Christopher Pazdernik celebrated his birthday with the eighth edition of Belting for Life, his annual Chicago-style theatrical concert and fundraiser for AIDS ...
|Chicago House welcomes spring with 'Secret Garden' event 2023-05-12|
- On May 7, Chicago House presented its annual spring fashion brunch, this year titled The Secret Garden, in the Winter Green Ballroom of the Harold Washington Library. The annual event, which some now regard as the ...
|Howard Brown responds to FDA's relaxation of blood-donation guidelines 2023-05-12|
- Howard Brown Health has responded to The Food and Drug Administration (FDA)'s elimination of restrictions that had previously barred many blood donations by gay and bisexual men. The FDA said it will recommend a series of ...
|Report reveals abuses against LGBTQ+, transgender community, people living with HIV in the criminal legal system 2023-04-20|
--From a press release - (NEW YORK, NY — April 20, 2023) Today, Lambda Legal, in partnership with Black and Pink National, released Protected and Served? 2022 [ https://www.protectedandserved.org/2022-report ] , a report that reveals ...
|Season of Concern presents an SRO live edition 2023-04-19|
- Season of Concern held its annual live concert fundraising event at Sidetrack Video Bar in front of a sold out crowd on April 10. The event, which raises money to financially assist theater performers and crew ...
|'Belting for Life' returns in May with new partnership with AIDS Foundation Chicago 2023-04-13|
--From a press release - CHICAGO—Chicago's favorite evening of big voices for a big cause, returns with the 8th annual Belting for Life. For one night only on Monday, May 15, at 7:30 p.m. at Theo Ubique Cabaret Theatre in Evanston, ...
|Center on Halsted recruiting for full time bilingual health educator positions 2023-04-04|
--From a press release - CHICAGO — Center on Halsted is currently recruiting for three open positions in our HIV department. We are looking for Bilingual Health Educators. This is a full-time, on-site position with complete benefits package. The duties for ...
|Quigley, Torres, Sorensen lead letter to FDA on updated blood donation guidance 2023-03-30|
--From a press release - Washington, DC - Today, U.S. Representatives Mike Quigley (IL-05), Ritchie Torres (NY-15), and Eric Sorensen (IL-17) led 23 members in a letter to the Department of Health and Human Services and the Food and Drug Administration ...
|GLAD statement: Order by federal judge in Texas stands to increase HIV transmission 2023-03-30|
--From a press release - Today a federal judge in Texas issued an order in Braidwood v. Becerra blocking a requirement under the Affordable Care Act that all preventive healthcare services given an A or B rating by United States Preventive ...
|31ST annual Elton John AIDS Foundation Academy Awards Viewing Party raises more than $9 million 2023-03-13|
--From a press release - LOS ANGELES, March 13, 2023 — The 31st annual Elton John AIDS Foundation Academy Awards® Viewing Party hosted by Sir Elton John and David Furnish, with special guests Eric McCormack and Michaela Jae Rodriguez, raised more ...
|Returning World of Chocolate event nets $250K 2023-02-22|
- On Feb. 17, AIDS Foundation of Chicago's (AFC) annual fundraiser, World of Chocolate returned after a three-year break due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This year, the event was held in the main entry way of Union ...
|Gov. Pritzker Proposes $5M cut to state HIV funding 2023-02-17|
--From a press release - Feb. 16, 2023—Speaking before a joint session of the Illinois General Assembly for the first time since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, Governor JB Pritzker delivered his annual State of the State and Budget address ...
|Artemis Singers' summer performance urges listeners to be 'defiantly optimistic' |
|NATIONAL North Carolina, 'Pride Heroes,' school news, gay publication folds, Iowa|
|WORLD Global survey, Turkey, Russians in Argentina, trans-rights activist|
|SHOWBIZ Romance films, Megan Thee Stallion, Keith Haring, Cher, George Maharis|
|THEATER 'Star Wars' burlesque parody at Logan Auditorium|