||57th Street Art Fair to return next June
This article shared 1355 times since Tue Nov 10, 2020
The 74th annual 57th Street Art Fair is slated to return June 5-6, 2021.
The free event is the Midwest's oldest juried art fair, featuring nearly 200 artists, live music, kids' activities and a food court. The fair typically highlights a range of original work in a variety of mediums, including glass, jewelry, leather, photography, printmaking, painting, sculpture, wood, ceramics and fiber art.
The 2020 edition, held June 6-7, was virtual, with some artists' work available for purchase.
See 57thStreetArtFair.org .
This article shared 1355 times since Tue Nov 10, 2020
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Sisters in Cinema brings back Learn & Earn Program: Sisters in Cinema Newsroom 2021-03-02|
--From a press release - CHICAGO, IL- Sisters in Cinema, a Chicago-based 501 (c)3 recently in the news for breaking ground on their new Media Arts Center, is proud to announce the return of their Sisters in Cinema Newsroom Program, and ...
|ART 'Immersive Van Gogh' extended through Sept. 6 in Chicago
- Lighthouse ArtSpace Chicagoa new venue within Chicago's recently renovated landmark Germania Club Building, 108 W. Germania Pl.will extend the dates of the U.S. premiere of the art experience "Immersive Van ...
|Groundbreaking ceremony held for Sisters in Cinema Media Arts Center 2021-02-09|
- Sisters in Cinema held a press conference Feb. 8 at the South Shore Cultural Center to commemorate the construction of its new state-of-the-art Media Arts Center that will be at 2310 E. 75th St. The event, ...
|FLXST opening exhibit featuring artists of color on Feb. 13
- FLXST Contemporary, 2251 S. Michigan Ave.—a fine arts and photography gallery as well as an arts incubator—will open its first 2021 group show, "Against Impossibility," on Saturday, Feb. 13, with a reception at 5:30 p.m. The ...
|WORLD Trans honoree, Sophie dies, famous Africans come out, Leo Varadkar 2021-01-31|
- In India, the list of Padma awards recipients this year included a transgender individual from Karnataka who has, over the past many decades, practiced and single-handedly popularized rural folk arts, according to NDTV. For Manjamma Jogathi, ...
|Actors Gym opens another venue, will hold in-person classes
- Actors Gym announced the opening of a third studio in Evanston's Noyes Cultural Arts Center and a new, expanded class curriculum. The facility will be primarily dedicated to the nine month Professional Training Program's new Clown ...
|Actor, writer Lena Waithe to headline screenwriting conference at DePaul U 2021-01-26|
--From a press release - CHICAGO Emmy Award-winning writer, creator, producer and actor Lena Waithe of "Twenties," "The Chi" and "Queen & Slim" will headline DePaul University's Courier 12 Screenwriting Conference Feb. 5-6. DePaul's School of Cinematic Arts will pr ...
|African American Arts Alliance, Black Ensemble Theater Martin Luther King Day 2021-01-25|
--From a press release - The African American Arts Alliance of Chicago and Black Ensemble Theater present the 10th Annual Martin Luther King Jr. Day Celebration on Monday, January 18, 2021 at 6:00pm. The jubilant, online event is free will be ...
|Disability Culture Leadership Initiative launches online hub with Chicago artists
--From a 3Arts press release - CHICAGO, IL (Jan. 15, 2021)— 3Arts, the Chicago-based nonprofit grantmaking organization, announced today the launch of the Disability Culture Leadership Initiative (DCLI), featuring a new online platform created to elevate ...
|Tribute event to honor Chicago's first Cultural Historian Jan. 28 2021-01-14|
--From a City of Chicago press release - CHICAGO, IL Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot and the Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE) today announced a tribute event to honor Chicago's first Cultural Historian, Tim Samuelson. Samuelson recently retired after 3 ...
|Mayor Lightfoot, DCASE announce $2.5M in arts grants 2021-01-11|
--From a press release - CHICAGO, IL Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot and the Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE) today announced $2.5 million in funding opportunities for Chicago artists and arts organizations. A new "Artist Response Program," ...
|African American Arts Alliance, Black Ensemble to present MLK event Jan. 18
- The African American Arts Alliance of Chicago and Black Ensemble Theater will present the 10th Annual Martin Luther King Jr. Day Celebration on Monday, Jan. 18, at 6 p.m. The online event will be free. This ...
|Windy City Gay Chorus, Windy City Treble Quire present Let There Be Light 2020-12-15|
--From a press release - Chicago, Ill. — Windy City Performing Arts (WCPA), the not-for-profit parent organization of Windy City Gay Chorus and Windy City Treble Quire, is proud to announce its 41st annual holiday concert, Let there be Light: A ...
|HotHouse to stream Cuban jazz festival "Jazz Plaza" Jan. 21-24 2020-12-14|
--From a press release - CHICAGO — Marguerite Horberg, executive director of the award-winning Chicago-based nonprofit arts presenter HotHouse, today announced that it has been awarded the exclusive rights to stream the 2021 legendary Cuban ...
|Indoor Voices series spotlights Duke It Out Nutcracker Dec. 18 2020-12-11|
--From a press release - The Music Institute of Chicago's "Indoor Voices," a free series of virtual visits with arts luminaries featuring conversation and occasional performances, returns with a new episode spotlighting the Music Institute's ...