WINDY CITY TIMES
||57th Street Art Fair to return next June
This article shared 577 times since Tue Nov 10, 2020
The 74th annual 57th Street Art Fair is slated to return June 5-6, 2021.
The free event is the Midwest's oldest juried art fair, featuring nearly 200 artists, live music, kids' activities and a food court. The fair typically highlights a range of original work in a variety of mediums, including glass, jewelry, leather, photography, printmaking, painting, sculpture, wood, ceramics and fiber art.
The 2020 edition, held June 6-7, was virtual, with some artists' work available for purchase.
See 57thStreetArtFair.org .
This article shared 577 times since Tue Nov 10, 2020
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Day With(out) Art: Transmissions launches online Nov. 30 2020-11-18|
--From a press release - NEW YORK, Nov. 16, 2020 — Visual AIDS, the only contemporary arts organization fully committed to raising AIDS and HIV awareness through dialogue, art exhibitions and public forums, announces their ...
|THEATER Pride Arts artistic director resigns; PFP keeps Zak 2020-11-12|
- Two controversial developments have occurred at Pride Arts (in which Pride Films & Plays, PFP, is the main tenant). According to a letter from PrideArts President Cheri Tatar that Windy City Times obtained, PFP Artistic Director ...
|The African American Arts Alliance announces 2020 Black Excellence Awards
--From a press release - Chicago, ILThe African American Arts Alliance (AAAA) will host the 20th annual Black Excellence Awards, an evening celebrating Black artists, Black voices, and Black stories across artistic disciplines, on November 10, 2020 at 7pm. The 2020 ...
|Arts in the Dark Halloween Parade, this year a drive-through 2020-10-26|
--From a Chicago Park District press release - CHICAGO: LUMA8, in collaboration with the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE), the Chicago Park District and Presenting Sponsor, the Blommer Chocolate Company, is pleased to announce Arts in the Dark - an UPSIDE ...
|Arts + Public Life announces 2020/2021 resident theatre company 2020-10-22|
--From a press release - (Chicago, IL Arts + Public Life (APL), an initiative of UChicago Arts, and Definition Theatre Company (DTC) announce Definition as the resident theatre company for Fall 2020/Winter 2021 at the Green Line Performing Arts Center, 329 ...
|Matthew-Lee Erlbach talks Be An #ArtsHero, career, other endeavors 2020-10-14|
- Writer, actor and filmmaker Matthew-Lee Erlbach is on a mission to get financial relief to the many arts workers and institutions impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Erlbach is calling on U.S. senators to sponsor the DAWN ...
|50-50 All Souls to the Polls benefit concert to get out the vote 2020-10-13|
--From a press release - Oct. 13, 2020-(Chicago, IL) - A coalition of the nation's top arts presenters have joined forces to create a 6 hour "People's Benefit Concert" to spur Get Out The Vote action in all fifty states. More ...
|Collaborate Arts Institute to mark 10th anniversary 2020-10-12|
- Collaborative Arts Institute of Chicago (CAIC), 7409 N. Greenview Ave., is celebrating its 10th-anniversary season with fall offerings that include the annual Collaborative Works Festival, two recitals as part of the Lieder Lounge series and the ...
|'Women of Broadway' series starts Oct. 24
- Northlight Theatre is one of a select group of nonprofit arts organizations participating in the three-part virtual concert series "Live from the West Side: Women of Broadway." The series will feature two-time Tony Award winner Patti ...
|Twelve northern Illinois arts organizations receive grants 2020-10-03|
- ComEd and the League of Chicago Theatres announced grants of up to $10,000 each to 12 non-profit arts organizations throughout northern Illinois to support the arts and encourage creativity. ComEd and the League, an alliance of ...
|African American Arts Alliance to hold auditions, workshop
- Sponsored by the African American Arts Alliance (AAAA) and in celebration of Black Arts Month this October, several Black theaters of Chicago will partner for a united audition for Black theater artists. The free, three-day event ...
|Artist-led "Retreat" to provide platform for creatives in food, music, art 2020-09-27|
--From a press release - CHICAGO — Rebuild Foundation, the arts, education and cultural development organization founded by artist Theaster Gates, and Dorchester Industries today announced the opening of "RETREAT," an artist-led activation aimed at ...
|Series to celebrate Mexican artist Frida Kahlo
- GLEN ELLYN, Ill. The McAninch Arts Center (MAC), in association with the Cleve Carney Museum of Art (CCMA), will host a monthly series of events celebrating iconic Mexican artist Frida Kahlo. Kicking off the series, ...
|PHOTOGRAPHY Lisa A. Frank talks career, inspirations, Springboard Arts Chicago installation 2020-09-03|
- Fifteen years ago, Lisa A. Frank's professional world changed forever when she was fired from a job designing textiles for Ralph Lauren. The very next day, Frank went out and bought a digital camera and "never ...
|Virtual Chalk Howard Street extended through Oct. 23 2020-08-19|
- With the nonprofit Rogers Park Business Alliance and Howard Street Special Service Area #19 hosting, Virtual Chalk Howard Street has returned. On every other Friday at 11 a.m. from Aug. 28 through Oct. 23, Chicago 3-D ...