WINDY CITY TIMES
||13 Arrested at Alleged Cruising Site at UIC
This article shared 4826 times since Wed Sep 14, 2005
In recent weeks, police at the University of Illinois at Chicago have arrested 13 people in the campus's Stevenson Hall, 701 S. Morgan, on charges of both public indecency and criminal trespassing, the Chicago Sun-Times reported. Twelve of the arrests were made in the bathroom. The arrested individuals each face up to a year in jail and a $2,500 fine.
Only one of the men arrested, UIC officials say, was affiliated with the university; he was a UIC student employee. UIC spokesman Bill Burton, however, refused to name the men arrested or release any other details about them. Student leaders, however, were upset that they only recently learned of the arrests, through rumors. The arrests happened Aug. 2-22, as students arrived to move into residence halls for the fall semester.
The hall's bathroom has supposedly been listed as a rendezvous site for years. According to the Sun-Times, it has been named on Internet sites such as Gay Universe.
This article shared 4826 times since Wed Sep 14, 2005
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Brittney Griner appealing conviction 2022-08-16|
- Russian news agencies have reported that attorneys for U.S. basketball star Brittney Griner have filed an appeal of her nine-year Russian prison sentence for drug possession, according to PBS Newshour. Griner, an eight-time all-star center with ...
|Three men hit by car and killed near Jeffery Pub; car found, but not driver [UPDATES] 2022-08-14|
- Three men were killed and another was injured after a hit-and-run crash in the city's South Shore neighborhood. Authorities said the crash happened around 5 a.m. on Aug. 14 in the 7000 block of S. Jeffery ...
|Judge: Kevin Spacey owes almost $31 million 2022-08-04|
- On Aug. 4, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Mel Red Recana confirmed that embattled actor Kevin Spacey must pay House of Cards producer MRC nearly $31 million for alleged sexual misconduct behind the scenes of the ...
|Committee makes recommendations for expanded court service for Cook County domestic-violence victims 2022-07-29|
-- From a press release - CHICAGO (July 29, 2022) — The Circuit Court of Cook County Committee on Domestic Violence Court has developed a plan to improve court access to help domestic violence victims, which will include an after-hours pilot program ...
|GoFundMe page for UpRising Bakery raises thousands of dollars 2022-07-25|
- A GoFundMe page for Lake in the Hills venue UpRising Bakery and Cafe—an LGBTQ+-owned site that was the subject of protests and vandalism after planning to host a family-friendly drag show that was later canceled—has raised ...
|Man arrested for vandalism of LGBTQ+-owned suburban bakery 2022-07-24|
- Authorities in Lake in the Hills, a suburb of Chicago, have made an arrest in the case of the vandalism of a bakery that had to cancel an all-ages drag show because of the crime, ABC 7 Chicago reported. Joseph I. ...
|NATIONAL Miami textbooks, Lia Thomas, Florida churches, Key West figure dies 2022-07-24|
- Miami-Dade County students could go months without sex-education books after school board members, by a five-to-four vote, rejected two proposed textbooks over concerns they violate the state's Parental Rights in Education bill, known by opponents as ...
|Man indicted for attacking men in D.C. for their sexual orientation 2022-07-15|
- A federal grand jury returned an indictment charging Michael Thomas Pruden, 48, with five counts of assault on federal land, one count of impersonating a federal officer and a hate-crimes sentencing enhancement alleging that Pruden assaulted ...
|More than 500 women sue Uber over claims of sexual assault 2022-07-14|
- Uber is being sued by more than 500 women who claim they were assaulted by drivers who use the ride-hailing platform, CNBC reported. The complaintfiled in San Francisco County Superior Courtclaims that "women passengers in multiple ...
|Kevin Spacey pleads not guilty in London in sexual-assault case 2022-07-14|
- On July 14, two-time Oscar-winning actor Kevin Spacey pled not guilty of sexual assault in London's Central Criminal Court, according to WAGM-TV. The former House of Cards star, who ran London's Old Vic theater between 2004 ...
|Reports: Chicago trans woman murdered in West Englewood neighborhood 2022-07-13|
- A Chicago trans woman was attacked and died the late evening of July 11/early morning of July 12, according to reports. An individual was found with multiple stab wounds after Chicago Police Department (CPD) answered a ...
|John Pennycuff's memorial library at Unity Park is graffitied 2022-07-10|
- The John Pennycuff Little Library, at Chicago's Unity Park, was recently sprayed with graffiti. Robert Castillo, Pennycuff's surviving husband, stated on Facebook that some tried to cover the original tagging with their own rainbow-hued graffiti. ...
|Former Japanese prime minister dies after being shot 2022-07-08|
- Former Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe died on July 8 after being shot while giving a campaign speech on a street in central Japan, CNN reported, citing public broadcaster NHK. Japanese publication Nikkei also reported that ...
|'Cheer' star receives prison sentence 2022-07-07|
- On July 6, Jerry Harris, the former star of hit Netflix docuseries Cheer, has been sentenced to 12 years in federal prison for child pornography soliciting sex from minors, Variety noted, citing USA Today. Harris, 22, ...
|Jeffrey Epstein cohort Ghislaine Maxwell sentenced to 20 years 2022-06-28|
- On June 28, Ghislaine Maxwell was sentenced to 20 years in federal prison for carrying out a years-long scheme with her longtime confidante (and former boyfriend) Jeffrey Epstein to groom and sexually abuse underage girls, media ...