WINDY CITY TIMES
Fisher-Price, Proud Parenting Program to raise LGBT parenting visibility
From a press release
This article shared 2665 times since Mon Jun 15, 2015
FORT LAUDERDALE, June 15, 2015 — Fisher-Price and Proud Parenting today announced the launch of the Proud Parenting LGBT Family Photo Gallery, presented by Fisher-Price®. The goal of the program is to increase the visibility of LGBT parents and to encourage interaction and support between LGBT parents, their friends and their allies.
The Proud Parenting LGBT Family Photo Gallery is a curated photo collection of LGBT parents with their families. It provides an authentic look into the proud lives of these modern families. New families will be featured throughout the summer across the Proud Parenting digital media outlets and will be promoted by Gay Ad Network on LGBT websites, social media and mobile apps.
"We are thrilled to partner with Proud Parenting for its first-ever program to increase the visibility of LBGT families," said Hailey Sullivan, Director of Marketing, Fisher-Price. "Fisher-Price is proud to help all parents give their children the best possible start in life. "
"We are excited to partner with Fisher-Price on the Proud Parenting LGBT Family Photo Gallery," said Jeff Bennett, Founder and Editor-in-Chief, Proud Parenting. "With a long-standing history of diversity and inclusiveness, they are now leading the way for a new generation of families."
LGBT parents represent an emerging market opportunity for family-friendly brands. An estimated 3 million LGBT Americans have had a child and as many as 6 million Americans have an LGBT parent. While same-sex marriage is not yet legal in all parts of the country, married LGBT couples comprise 50% of the Proud Parenting audience and 61% have two or more children in their household.
"By partnering with Proud Parenting, Fisher-Price is using its strong family brand to help bring greater visibility to LGBT-headed families," said Gabriel Blau, Family Equality Council Executive Director. "We applaud their support of sharing our family stories with the nation."
The Proud Parenting LGBT Photo Gallery, presented by Fisher Price can be found:
On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/proudparenting
On the Web: http://proudparenting.com/families
On Instagram: www.instagram.com/proudparenting
Parents interested in participating in the program can submit their photos by visiting Proud Parenting on Facebook.
This article shared 2665 times since Mon Jun 15, 2015
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|WORLD Zelensky, French position, UK drag-queen shows, triathlons 2022-08-07|
- Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky confirmed he will ask Ukraine's government to look into legalizing same-sex marriage after the war with Russia ends, PinkNews reported. Ukraine's constitution defines marriage as between a man and a woman. Last ...
|Senate vote on marriage bill pushed back to September 2022-08-01|
- Hope for a quick vote on the Respect for Marriage Act in the U.S. Senate this week has faded, but U.S. Senator Tammy Baldwin said over the weekend that she has 10 Republican senators willing to ...
|WORLD Cuban referendum, Gay Games, Berlin attacks, Indian trans men 2022-07-31|
- Cuba's parliament announced that the country will hold a referendum on the legalization of same-sex marriage and surrogate parenthood, Deutsche Welle reported. The referendum on the new family law is scheduled to be held Sunday, Sept. ...
|Andorra passes civil marriage for same-sex couples 2022-07-22|
- On July 21, lawmakers in the tiny European country of Andorra voted unanimously to extend civil marriage rights to same-sex couples, The Los Angeles Blade reported. Andorra is a small country known for its ski areas ...
|U.S. House passes Respect for Marriage Act 2022-07-19|
- On July 19, almost 50 House Republicans joined Democrats to pass legislation that would repeal the Defense of Marriage Act and enshrine marriage equality into federal law, Axios reported. The legislation, approved 267-157, is part of ...
|Catholic hospital system denies fertility treatments for LGBTQ+ couples 2022-07-19|
- An Illinois-based Catholic hospital system that employs more than 24,000 people will only cover fertility treatments for workers in opposite-sex marriagesa policy some lawyers say could violate federal discrimination statutes ...
|Ted Cruz wants marriage equality revoked 2022-07-18|
- To the surprise of few, a leading Republican figure would like marriage equality overturned. On July 16, U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, said the U.S. Supreme Court was "clearly wrong" and "overreaching" when it legalized same-sex ...
|WORLD Slovenia marriage item, Antigua and Barbuda, Berlin mosque 2022-07-10|
- In Slovenia, the Constitutional Court legalized same-sex marriage and adoptions after finding a law under which only heterosexual partners can marry and same-sex couples cannot adopt children to be in contravention of the constitutional ban on ...
|WORLD KyivPride, Romanian bill, marriage items, Cynthia Erivo 2022-07-03|
- Ukraine's largest LGBTQ+-rights event, KyivPride, went ahead as a peace marchin Warsaw, Poland, CNBC reported. It joined Warsaw's yearly Equality Parade, the largest such event in central Europe, using it as a platform to keep international ...
|VIEWS How same-sex couples can ensure parenting rights if Supreme Court reverses Obergefell 2022-06-30|
By Jeffery M. Leving - After the U.S. Supreme Court reversed Roe v. Wade last week, many are now wondering if the court would go after same-sex marriage next. Justice Samuel Alito, in his majority decision, wrote that nothing in its ...
|WORLD Japanese ruling, Pride events, Colombia election, Boris Johnson 2022-06-26|
- A Japanese court ruled that the country's ban on same-sex marriage does not violate the constitution, and rejected demands for compensation by three couples who said their right to free union and equality has been violated, ...
|Supreme Court justice says marriage-equality ruling should be reconsidered 2022-06-24|
- U.S. Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas argued in a concurring opinion regarding the revocation of the constitutional right to abortion that the U.S. Supreme Court "should reconsider" its past rulings codifying rights to contraception access, same-sex ...
|Clela Rorex, first County Clerk to issue same-sex marriage licences, has died 2022-06-20|
-- From a press release - BOULDER, CO - Out Boulder County and the family of Clela Rorex are saddened to announce the death of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer pioneering ally, Clela Rorex. On March 27,1975 Clela issued the first ...
|WORLD Pride disruption, trans journalists, Tunisian play, marriage bills 2022-06-19|
- Turkish police officers carrying clear-plastic riot shields, wielding batons and deploying pepper powder balls as well as tear gas violently broke up a Pride parade that Middle East Technical University students organized in the capital of ...
|NATIONAL Marriage poll, Family Equality event, podcast, NYC Pride 2022-06-12|
- GLAAD responded to a Gallup poll showing 71% of Americans support marriage equality—another record high for the poll conducted each year since the landmark U.S. Supreme Court decision legalizing marriage for LGBTQ people nationwide. In a ...