WINDY CITY TIMES
Dyke March moving to South Shore
This article shared 3453 times since Wed Jun 2, 2010
Chicago Dyke March will take place in the neighborhood of South Shore this summer, with an ending rally in Jackson Park, according to an organizational press release. Following a 2009 decision for the march to remain in the same neighborhood for two consecutive years, the march will take place in South Shore in 2010 and 2011.
Veteran organizer Edith Bucio said, "This is why Dyke March participants look forward to let Chicago know that LGBTQ community is present in all corners of our city. Marchers look forward to marching alongside South Shore community members as allies and LGBTQ family, and learning more of the fierce work of they are doing."
Chicago Dyke March 2010 will take place Saturday, June 26. Folks will be meeting at the Shore Bank parking lot located at 7054 S. Jeffery at 2:30 p.m. ( Step-off is at 3 p.m. ) The march will be followed by a rally that will take place at 4 p.m. at Jackson Park near 63rd and Hayes. Everyone is invited.
For more information or to volunteer, e-mail CDMC at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.facebook.com/group.php.
This article shared 3453 times since Wed Jun 2, 2010
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|LGBT Chamber of Commerce of Illinois announces 'Shop Pride' program, showcasing LGBTQ+ business 2021-07-15|
--From a press release - CHICAGO — The LGBT Chamber of Commerce of Illinois (LGBTCC), today announced the official launch of the Shop Pride program designed to encourage Illinois residents to support ...
|Alderwoman presents her side in Pride North fee situation 2021-07-12|
- Chicago Ald. Maria Hadden (49th Ward) spoke with Windy City Times about a recent controversy that involved fees regarding Pride North. On June 26 (Saturday), the $20 fee was listed as a suggested donation. However, the ...
|WORLD Anti-LGBTQ crimes, conversion therapy, out prime minister, Pakistan school 2021-07-11|
- In England, police are treating the painting of a homophobic slur on an LGBTQ Pride mural as a hate crime, the BBC reported. The wall in St Helens, Merseyside, which was painted by volunteers and artists ...
|After 50 years, Boston Pride dissolves 2021-07-11|
- After more than 50 years, Boston Pride decided to stop operating and dissolve, LGBTQ Nation reported. The groupone of the oldest Pride organizations in operationsdecided that the Boston community "needs and wants change without the involvement ...
|Protest organizer now eyeing Arlington Heights after Pride flag rejection 2021-07-10|
- The individual who organized a June 30 protest in Elk Grove Village against what many perceived to be an anti-trans+ law as well as the lack of a Pride flag flying there is now looking at what is happening in a ...
|Uniting Pride of Champaign County announces dates, theme of Pride events 2021-07-08|
- Uniting Pride of Champaign County announced the dates and theme for the 2021 Champaign-Urbana PrideFest and Parade. C-U Pridefest will be held the weekend of Sept. 24-26. After a year of isolation due to COVID-19 and ...
|NATIONAL Panic defense, subway attack, N.J. items, Pride rallies 2021-07-04|
- A bill that bans the so-called LGBTQ panic defense in Virginia took effect July 1, according to The Washington Blade. Democratic Gov. Ralph Northam on March 31 signed the measure that transgender state Del. Danica Roem ...
|LGBTQ+ South Side Needs Assessment Community Report Out July 8 2021-07-02|
--From a press release - In late 2019, Howard Brown Health partnered with Pride Action Tank to develop and conduct a community input process to inform decision making regarding plans for the health care and LGBTQ+-affirming social services facility it will ...
|Illinois Holocaust Museum hosts 'Reflecting on LGBTQ+ Pride in the Time of COVID-19' virtual panel 2021-07-02|
- On June 30, the Illinois Holocaust Museum and Education Center (IHMEC) hosted a "Reflecting on LGBTQ+ Pride in the Time of COVID-19" virtual panel. Chicago Sun-Times and ABC-7 Chicago columnist and political analyst Laura Washington moderated ...
|West Side Pride ends June with rally, ball and call to action 2021-07-01|
- On June 30, West Side Pride closed Pride Month with a rally and call to action followed by a celebratory ball. The eventco-sponsored by Life is Work, Pride Without Prejudice, Brave Space Alliance and Taskforce Preventionsought ...
|Taste of River North on Aug. 20-21 at new location 2021-07-01|
- River North Residents Association today announced that its acclaimed annual food and entertainment festival, Taste of River North, will return for 2021 to celebrate its 20th anniversary. Taking place Aug. 20-21, Taste of River North moves ...
|Lake View marchers address inequities with pride 2021-06-28|
- About 200 marchers gathered in Lake View on June 27 for the 2021 Pride Without Prejudicean event highlighting systemic issues concerning many LGBTQ community members. Among the issues the gathering addressed were racism, transgender rights, policing ...
|Chicago literally sees rainbows at Pride in the Park 2021-06-28|
- Pride in the Park returned to Grant Park's Butler Field bigger than ever on June 26-27. Unfortunately, a storm delayed a start while ticketholders anxiously waited outside the gates in the rain at 377 E. Monroe ...
|Pride North controversy erupts over fee; event's owner responds [UPDATE] 2021-06-28|
- In Chicago, a controversy took place the weekend of June 26-27 over the annual Rogers Park LGBTQ+ event Pride North and its entry fee. On June 26 (Saturday), the $20 fee was listed as a suggested ...
|NATIONAL Pulse, Philly Pride, Mormons, Victory Fund, anti-trans bills 2021-06-27|
- President Joe Biden (D) signed H.R. 49, the bill designating the site of the 2016 Pulse Nightclub shooting in Orlando, Florida as a national monument, into law, according to LGBTQ Nation. Afterward, Biden commemorated Pride Month ...