WINDY CITY TIMES
||Anti-Violence Events, Clewer Remembered
This article shared 3088 times since Wed Sep 29, 2004
Center on Halsted is part of a series of anti-violence events that started last Friday, Sept. 24 with a service at Broadway United Methodist Church in honor of Kevin Clewer. Clewer was murdered six months ago in Lakeview; police still have no suspects.
The event ended with a candlelight service through the neighborhood. For details, see www.4chicagoKev.com .
While Chicago Anti-Bashing Network hosts their annual march in honor Sat., Oct. 2 in Lakeview, Center on Halsted has their own Anti-Violence Awareness Candlelight Vigil Wed., Oct. 6, 7 p.m., 3640 N. Halsted.
This article shared 3088 times since Wed Sep 29, 2004
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|'An Evening with Fran Lebowitz' in April 2022 in NYC 2021-05-12|
- Legendary author, journalist and social observer Fran Lebowitz is slated to return to The Town Hall stage in New York City for two live, in conversation events on April 6-7, 2022. Lebowitz is coming off her ...
|Mayor Lightfoot, DCASE announce Chicago summer events 2021-05-06|
--From a press release - CHICAGO — Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot, the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE), Choose Chicago, and Chicago's cultural community today announced "Open Culture" — the next phase of ...
|Art on theMART to project Obamas, Frida Kahlo 2021-05-06|
- In partnership with Chicago's Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events, Art on theMART today announced two major new additions to its summer program: The Obama Portraits (debuting June 17) and Frida Kahlo (starting July 5). ...
|'Drag Race' finalists GottMik, Rose to perform
in Chicago on May 28-30 2021-04-28|
- Voss Events announced that RuPaul's Drag Race finalists GottMik and Rose are joining the cast of the springtime edition of outdoor-concert series Drive 'N Drag Saves 2021. The tour stops by Chicago's Soldier Field on May ...
|Chicago Cultural Center historic interiors to be restored for June reopening 2021-04-22|
--From a press release - CHICAGO, IL Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot and the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE) today announced the historic restoration of the landmark Chicago Cultural Center to reclaim two lost interiors decorated by the ...
|NCAA issues statement hitting back at anti-trans discrimination
- The NCAA, which regulates college athletics in the United States, supported transgender athletes April 12, saying it won't hold championship events in locations that aren't "free of discrimination," NBC News reported. As Republicans in more than ...
|Tribute event to honor Chicago's first Cultural Historian Jan. 28 2021-01-14|
--From a City of Chicago press release - CHICAGO, IL Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot and the Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE) today announced a tribute event to honor Chicago's first Cultural Historian, Tim Samuelson. Samuelson recently retired after 3 ...
|Two-Spirit/LGBTQAI Native American Powwow plans a week of virtual events 2021-01-13|
--From a press release - Bay Area American Indian Two-Spirits (BAAITS) exists to restore and recover the role of Two-Spirit people within the American Indian/First Nations community by creating a forum for the spiritual, cultural ...
|Mayor Lightfoot, DCASE announce $2.5M in arts grants 2021-01-11|
--From a press release - CHICAGO, IL Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot and the Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE) today announced $2.5 million in funding opportunities for Chicago artists and arts organizations. A new "Artist Response Program," ...
|Arts in the Dark Halloween Parade, this year a drive-through 2020-10-26|
--From a Chicago Park District press release - CHICAGO: LUMA8, in collaboration with the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE), the Chicago Park District and Presenting Sponsor, the Blommer Chocolate Company, is pleased to announce Arts in the Dark - an UPSIDE ...
|Black Lives, Black Words holding virtual events in October, November
- Black Lives, Black Wordsan international initiative that provides local Black creatives with an artistic platformis bringing its "Plays for the People" virtual series to a close with two more plays in October and November. On Oct. ...
|Alicia Keys joins After School Matters event
- Grammy winner Alicia Keys joined teenagers and their families across Chicago Sept. 24 for a live virtual conversation about current racial and social justice events, as well as her life and music career, including her recently ...
|Champaign County holding virtual Pride event Sept. 25-27 2020-09-21|
- Champaign County-Uniting Pride of Champaign County announced the theme for the 2020 Champaign County Pride Celebration, taking place virtually Sept. 25-27: "Staying ApartRising United." Some of the events include the ...
|Series to celebrate Mexican artist Frida Kahlo
- GLEN ELLYN, Ill. The McAninch Arts Center (MAC), in association with the Cleve Carney Museum of Art (CCMA), will host a monthly series of events celebrating iconic Mexican artist Frida Kahlo. Kicking off the series, ...
|Mishkan Chicago to host High Holiday events Sept. 12-28
- Local Jewish spiritual community Mishkan Chicago, 4001 N. Ravenswood Ave., is merging ancient ritual with film, theater and music production to create unique programming for the 2020 Jewish New Year amid the COVID-19 pandemic. On Sept. ...