WINDY CITY TIMES
||MUSIC Dolly Parton, Eurythmics, Lionel Richie among newest Hall of Fame inductees
This article shared 417 times since Wed May 4, 2022
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has announced its newest class of inductees.
The musicians who the Hall's voters chose include Dolly Parton, Duran Duran, Pat Benatar, Eminem, Lionel Richie, Eurythmics and Carly Simon, according to Variety. Parton famously tried to get her name removed from the nomination list.
There are eight more acts getting in who were not included in the competition but were selected by the board for inclusion in other categories. These include the band Judas Priest (led by out singer Rob Halford), which was on the ballot this year but didn't make the cut with voters; the Hall's keepers decided the metal group was essential to include nonetheless. Also selected for enshrinement were producer-musicians Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis; singers Harry Belafonte (the oldest inductee, at 95) and Elizabeth Cotten; and executives Sylvia Robinson, Jimmy Iovine and Allen Grubman.
Those who didn't make the cut included Beck, Devo, Dionne Warwick, A Tribe Called Quest, the MC5, Kate Bush, Rage Against the Machine, the New York Dolls and Fela Kuti.
The 37th annual induction ceremony has also been given a city and a date. After the event took place in Cleveland last year, for 2022 it will move back to the Microsoft Theater in downtown Los Angeles, on Nov. 5. A recording of the show will air at a later date on HBO, on HBO Max for streaming, and on SiriusXM's Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Radio channel 310 and SiriusXM's Volume channel 106.
This article shared 417 times since Wed May 4, 2022
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|SHOWBIZ Queer playwright, LGBTQ+ films, BMI Pop Awards, new superhero 2022-05-15|
- Jeremy O. Harris, the queer Tony-nominated author of Slave Play, has been named the presiding playwright for the 2023 Yale Drama Series Prizeone of the theater world's most prestigious playwriting honors, Deadline noted. Harris joins the ...
|Inaugural Heatwave Music Festival in Chicago on July 16-17 2022-05-14|
- Auris Presents announced the debut edition and artist lineup for the Heatwave Music Festival, coming to Chicago on July 16-17 in Douglass Park, 1401 S. Sacramento Dr. According to a press release, the festival will be ...
|MUSIC Ty Herndon releasing 'personal' album 'Jacob' on July 15 2022-05-13|
- Out gay Grammy-nominated and Dove Award-winning country artist Ty Herndon announced the release date of his forthcoming album, Jacob. Jacobcalled Herndon's "most personal album to date"will be out July 15. ...
|Casting announced for 'Queer Eye: The Musical Parody' at Second City 2022-05-13|
- Comedy institution The Second City announced the cast and crew of Queer Eye: The Musical Parody, which will start running Thursday, May 26. (The production will run Thursdays through Saturdays at 8 p.m. and Sundays at ...
|MUSIC Riot Fest to take place Sept. 16-18 in Chicago 2022-05-12|
- Riot Festone of the largest remaining independent festivals in the countryis slated to return to Douglass Park on Sept. 16-18. Festival organizers revealed a jam-packed lineup taking up five stages and performing punk, indie rock, hip-hop, ...
|57th Street Art Fair marking 75th anniversary on June 4-5 2022-05-12|
- The 57th Street Art Fair, the Midwest's oldest juried art fair, will mark its 75th anniversary with an in-person celebration on June 4-5 featuring nearly 200 artists, live music presented by Buddy Guy's Legends, and a ...
|THEATER Underscore's 'Notes & Letters' running through May 28 2022-05-12|
- Underscore Theatre Company celebrates its 10th-anniversary season with the world premiere of the musical Notes & Letters, which features book, music and lyrics by Annabelle Lee Revak (she/her) and is ...
|Chicago Gay Men's Chorus to present 'Unimaginable' on May 20-22 2022-05-11|
- The Chicago Gay Men's Chorus will present the spring show "CGMC: Unimaginable," on May 20-22 at three Chicagoland venues. The performances will take place Friday, May 20, at 8 p.m. at Chicago's Athenaeum Center for Thought ...
|Kokandy Productions to present 'Cruel Intentions: The '90s Musical' June 9-Aug. 7 2022-05-10|
-- From a press release - CHICAGO (May 10, 2022) — Kokandy Productions is launching its 10th-anniversary season this summer with the Chicago storefront premiere of Cruel Intentions: The '90s Musicala flirty and fun, nostalgia-packed show ...
|Tonys: Queer-themed 'A Strange Loop' leads nods; 'Paradise Square,' 'MJ' close behind 2022-05-09|
- Nominations for the 75th Tony Awards were announced May 9—and a Pulitzer Prize-winning original musical and a play that recounts the 2008 financial crisis led the nods, CNN reported. Leading the nominations was A Strange Loop, ...
|Lakeside Pride to host 'Sweet Home Chicago' on May 29 [UPDATED] 2022-05-08|
- As part of the 40th annual Pride Bands Alliance Conference, Lakeside Pride will host "Sweet Home Chicago" on Sunday, May 29, at 7 p.m. at the Auditorium Theatre, 50 E. Ida B. Wells Dr. Chicago's Lakeside ...
|White Party returns to Palm Springs; celebrities make appearances 2022-05-08|
- After a two-year hiatus, the 32nd Annual White Party Global (formerly White Party Palm Springs) celebrated its return with more than 20,000 attendees from around the globe, a press release noted. Recognized as the longest-running and ...
|SHOWBIZ 'Hacks,' 'Love, Victor,' Indy 500, Ariana DeBose, queer singers 2022-05-08|
- Queer, non-binary actor Carl Clemons-Hopkins (they/them and he/him) told Out Magazine he is elated with the warm reception received by the show Hacks and his character. "When I started in this years and years ago, there ...
|Inaugural 'River North Live' taking place June 24-26 2022-05-06|
- River North Residents Association announced that its annual festival, formerly Taste of River North, will return with a new venue, date and concept for 2022. Taking place June 24-26, River North Live will feature world-class artists ...
|MUSIC Madonna curating, releasing dance-music compilation 'Finally Enough Love' 2022-05-04|
- Madonna made history once again when she topped the Dance Club Songs chart for the 50th time, making her the first and only recording artist to have 50 number-one hits on any Billboard chart. To celebrate ...